Bombers @ Lions: Game Day Thread (07/21/17)

Noeller

What a disappointing way to lose. 

That 15 point lead evaporated so quickly you could tell this team wasn't ready for the pressure. I've been a big Osh fan but that fake punt call was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while. Similarly, I've been a strong supporter of LaPolice but his offense went super conservative once we had the lead. Even Arceneaux just said "they let their foot off the gas." 

Play to win the damn game.

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

That final drive was designed to get a 50 yard field goal attempt. The lack of killer instinct is going to harm this team. 

You know that with the game hanging in the balance this team is going to use its full arsenal of checkdowns. 

3 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

That final drive was designed to get a 50 yard field goal attempt. The lack of killer instinct is going to harm this team. 

250 yard QB in a league where 300 yards is average.  Only reason we are in these games with good teams is because our D and special teams can score and put the O in the redzone.  Can't move the ball reliably.  Can't even get first downs for long stretches.  O is not improving even with continuity from last season.  Lapo better figure out how to move it with what he's got and better utilize the whole roster.  An all-star QB isn't going to appear to save his bacon.

6 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

What a disappointing way to lose. 

That 15 point lead evaporated so quickly you could tell this team wasn't ready for the pressure. I've been a big Osh fan but that fake punt call was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while. Similarly, I've been a strong supporter of LaPolice but his offense went super conservative once we had the lead. Even Arceneaux just said "they let their foot off the gas." 

Play to win the damn game.

The fake was inexcusable but to me it looked like Medlock either misheard the call or went rogue. 

Why did you take your foot off our throat?  We were dead. The Medlock throw was risky, but I get it. 

Why the Lions didn't keep Harris upright with 1 second to go is as bad a O'Sheas gamble. Lucky Medlock missed.

Thoroughly entertaining.  Lapo needs to put the hammer down. 

Kudos to Lulay. 

Edited by lyin' guy

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

250 yard QB in a league where 300 yards is average.  Only reason we are in these games with good teams is because our D and special teams can score and put the O in the redzone.  Can't move the ball reliably.  Can't even get first downs for long stretches.  O is not improving even with continuity from last season.  Lapo better figure out how to move it with what he's got and better utilize the whole roster.  An all-star QB isn't going to appear to save his bacon.

My biggest fear is that a 9-9 season will be enough for this team to be satisfied with Nichols enough to not pursue Franklin in the offseason. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

My biggest fear is that a 9-9 season will be enough for this team to be satisfied with Nichols enough to not pursue Franklin in the offseason. 

Meh its Winnipeg, if this team doesn't win fans will move past Nichols pretty quickly and the pressure will build.

Good game. Nichols wasnt good tho. Really poor decision there on the killee INT.. Dressler double covered. .

Lapo annoys me tho. The O is the achilles heal. We were only in this because our D and SP Teams were solid. 

O does things for 5 drives in a row but nothing the rest of the game really. Really not a fan of our O play calling and QB play. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Good game. Nichols wasnt good tho. Really poor decision there on the killee INT.. Dressler double covered. .

Lapo annoys me tho. The O is the achilles heal. We were only in this because our D and SP Teams were solid. 

Lapo could live to be a thousand years old and would still never learn that a two touchdown lead is not the time to take the foot off the gas. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

I think the flashes he shows, the 2-3 drives a game where he's on fire, might do that regardless of record.

I think there are a lot of issues with playcalling.  Things work, then disappear.  Misdirection works amazingly, but is only good for the 2nd and 3rd quarters, no commitment to a run game even with an overpowering OL crew and some great backs, one who can't get on the roster.

Nichols doesn't have a quick enough release to run a very diverse passing game, but they sure as hell can help him out with a run game.

Just now, Goalie said:

The defense that allowed 45 points??! I'm not entirely sure what game you're watching.