Bombers @ Lions: Game Day Thread (07/21/17)

Noeller

Just now, Atomic said:

Yeah he beat us by 3 points.  And since you seem to be so fixated on how far into the Walters/Miller regime we are, Buono has had 15 years.  And he can only beat us by 3 points!  Pretty sad, really.

lol great call.. 15 years and only 3 points ahead of us in a big game, and in a playoff game too.. my stars.. imagine how dominant we will be if we give Walters and co another 10 years!

16 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

lol great call.. 15 years and only 3 points ahead of us in a big game, and in a playoff game too.. my stars.. imagine how dominant we will be if we give Walters and co another 10 years!

How many of those 15 years did BC make the playoffs? How many GC appearances? GC wins?

I'd take Buono as the coach and GM any day over OShea and Walters, It's not that OShea and Walters are terrible, but Buono has a track record of making winners.

Just now, TheSource said:

How many of those 15 years did BC make the playoffs? How many GC appearances? GC wins?

I'd take Buono as the coach and GM any day over OShea and Walters, It's not that OShea and Walters are terrible, but Buono has a track record of making winners.

im saying if they are that far ahead of oshea and walters now, imagine oshea and walters in 10 years.  Id take Wally too if we could make a straight trade.. not going to happen clearly.

10 minutes ago, TheSource said:

I don't think he's available.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey if we got Wally as GM we'd be able to finally find a qb, he's supplied most of the league with qbs for years. 

He and Barker have done amazingly well at finding QBs.

Hell, what's Barker up to these days? He and O'Shea worked together back in Toronto. Get him here in some kind of a player personnel role.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Hey if we got Wally as GM we'd be able to finally find a qb, he's supplied most of the league with qbs for years. 

its crazy how well he can find QB talent and then recruit them to come play in the CFL.. I can't think of anyone else who has had his success.

2 hours ago, SPuDS said:

its crazy how well he can find QB talent and then recruit them to come play in the CFL.. I can't think of anyone else who has had his success.

The real amazing thing is that Wally is not a QB whisperer, not an XandO guy, and as a player was a LB. He does give his backup QB more starting team reps in practice than most, about a 60/40 starter to backup, I think. He also puts performance pressure on a second year backup to show marked improvement or you are let go.

6 minutes ago, DanoT said:

The real amazing thing is that Wally is not a QB whisperer, not an XandO guy, and as a player was a LB. He does give his backup QB more starting team reps in practice than most, about a 60/40 starter to backup, I think. He also puts performance pressure on a second year backup to show marked improvement or you are let go.

Yes... there's something else going on.  It's not just identification of talent.  Jonathan Jennings was in Rider camp before he was ever a Lion and by all accounts looked pretty pedestrian.  Then Wally brings him in for a look, he earns the #3 job, and as a result of injuries to Lulay and John Beck, is suddenly the starter in his rookie year and lighting it up.  Why?

Just now, Atomic said:

Yes... there's something else going on.  It's not just identification of talent.  Jonathan Jennings was in Rider camp before he was ever a Lion and by all accounts looked pretty pedestrian.  Then Wally brings him in for a look, he earns the #3 job, and as a result of injuries to Lulay and John Beck, is suddenly the starter in his rookie year and lighting it up.  Why?

I dont think all that highly of Jennings.  too streaky and inconsistent.   I think he was more so a product of the offense and lack of exposure.   he sure looked pedestrian again to me before his injury.. forcing things and making bad decisions..

I had no idea he was in the Rider camp tho, lol.. thats funny.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

I'd take Jim Barker, if only to scout QBs and receivers.

me three.. whomever we have doing it now, hasn't been lighting the world on fire so to speak.. Danny Mac, who I thought would be a very good bird dog for talent, has left us wanting.. him or whoever he has for scouts..

Goviea is out doing NFL camp look-sees now tho so who knows, maybe we have 2-3 new guys on the PR who will wow us... (aint holding my breath tho)