Looking Ahead: Toronto Vs Winnipeg

12 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

"OMG he lined up offside!" kind of excitement.

I cringe when players get beat on passing plays, whether through assignment or poor tackling, but I absolutely abhor simple plays like lining up offside in obvious situations. This is just beyond ignorant, and it really cost us. It is the simplest thing to set 1 yard off the line and check others who are in the same situation.

KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS IN CHECK!   It's not that hard. This should have been drilled in to every player's heads early and often all TC and preseason. 

I do not want to see another D-Line offside again this year or else, I'll really be mad ? Really, I will..

31 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

"OMG he lined up offside!" kind of excitement.

i nearly puked when I heard that call.. that would have been one of the most epic goal line stances.. ever.  as it was its pretty amazing how well they held the fort until that end around.

14 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I cringe when players get beat on passing plays, whether through assignment or poor tackling, but I absolutely abhor simple plays like lining up offside in obvious situations. This is just beyond ignorant, and it really cost us. It is the simplest thing to set 1 yard off the line and check others who are in the same situation.

KEEP YOURSELF AND OTHERS IN CHECK!   It's not that hard. This should have been drilled in to every player's heads early and often all TC and preseason. 

I do not want to see another D-Line offside again this year or else, I'll really be mad ? Really, I will..

Get ready to be mad then, because the refs absolutely LOVE to make that call.

6 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think our poor tackling last game pissed me off more then anything

it really only got bad in the second half after the defense had been on the field the entire time.. first half we were tackling well, wrapping up and limiting gains (minus a few overshoots if memory serves)

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Pass defence, like last season, appears to still be a problem for the Bombers so I suspect Ray and company will be licking their chops at that prospect.

Knox or whoever replaces Wilde is going to be picked on .... hope Leggett and Carmichael swap spots

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'm thinking the offense is going to have to come to play because I'm not loving our defense this week, especially against Ricky Ray. 

I am not certain we have the horses to get into a footrace with the Argos. We had better hope that Ray doesn't find his rhythm or our defence finds another gear.

I'm not concerned about Ray at all to be honest. His weakness this season is...zone. That's it. Play zone and double up SJ. Their Defence is way more of a concern to me, butler has 7 damn sacks already. And they have some decent ball hawks behind him. Will be a real test for our Oline and Nichols.

13 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Because Roc has shown well at SAM and Leggett is a fine pass defender

I don't know why so many people think playing Leggett at HB is the answer to all our defensive problems... he has ONLY played safety and SAM in his time here and has excelled at both spots... would he be a good HB? maybe... but we have absolutely no evidence of that...

Edited by bearpants

27 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm not concerned about Ray at all to be honest. His weakness this season is...zone. That's it. Play zone and double up SJ. Their Defence is way more of a concern to me, butler has 7 damn sacks already. And they have some decent ball hawks behind him. Will be a real test for our Oline and Nichols.

Interesting (kind of) stat; of the seven sacks we've given up, only one has been by a de.

that's all he played in pre-season so slotting in there would not be as foreign as him dropped in the HB spot.

That being said you don't move anyone else anywhere and disrupt several areas of a defense. Start him there if you have to, but first sign of same ol same ol he gets pulled for whomever the extra DB is on game day roster, or I would flip Randle in there and and allow Jones to play boundary corner...that would give us the best in game backfield tweek

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@KMooreCJOB

#Bombers move Ian Wild and Tristan Okpalaugo to 6 game injured list #CFL

Interesting that Ogopogo is on the 6-Game......

Looked like he hurt his shoulder during the last game. I was hoping it was nothing.