Looking Ahead: Toronto Vs Winnipeg

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

@KMooreCJOB

#Bombers move Ian Wild and Tristan Okpalaugo to 6 game injured list #CFL

Interesting that Ogopogo is on the 6-Game......

O'Shea said just yesterday that he was a maybe for this game.....weird.  Looks like Foketi and Flanders are the 2 man reserve once again, very consistent roster so far.

Yeah just roster shuffling.

I see Posy and Fuller out for Argo's so hopefully we mix some zones in to help in coverage with Roc and focus on eliminating Green as it leaves the Argo's a little thin receiver wise and we should be able to stiffle Ray and limit a lot of the over the top throws

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yeah just roster shuffling.

I see Posy and Fuller out for Argo's so hopefully we mix some zones in to help in coverage with Roc and focus on eliminating Green as it leaves the Argo's a little thin receiver wise and we should be able to stiffle Ray and limit a lot of the over the top throws

If they don't play the majority of defensive plays zone coverage I'll be very concerned about Halls ability to call defence moving forward. Ray has struggled against zone this year.

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I don't know why so many people thing playing Leggett at HB is the answer to all our defensive problems... he has ONLY played safety and SAM in his time here and has excelled at both spots... would he be a good HB? maybe... but we have absolutely no evidence of that...

eggzackary.  its not a given that because he is an exceptional SAM, that he will be a very good or even good DB.   its a different animal all together and often the slower and less talented DBs end up being bumped to SAM.

lets just not assume hes capable of being a DB and also not mess with how our linebackers are.. its going thru an upheaval already with Wild out.. no need to complicate it worse.

2 hours ago, AKAChip said:

I hate Lankford so much. 

Hate is a strong word ;)...

I commented after game 1... and still feel this way... I really wish the team would dress Flanders and find a way to get him involved in the game... IMO, the kind of difference he would make to our offense greatly outweighs the minimal impact Lankford has on teams...

29 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

eggzackary.  its not a given that because he is an exceptional SAM, that he will be a very good or even good DB.   its a different animal all together and often the slower and less talented DBs end up being bumped to SAM.

lets just not assume hes capable of being a DB and also not mess with how our linebackers are.. its going thru an upheaval already with Wild out.. no need to complicate it worse.

Carmichael made the team basically playing SAM in Leggett's place. Like you said less talented DBs end up as SAM,  which is likely where Carmichael should be and should have stayed.  Leggett at least has experience in the secondary (albeit at S) but I would think he could also play HB, or at least should be given an opportunity given the results we've gotten from the Roc so far

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Carmichael made the team basically playing SAM in Leggett's place. Like you said less talented DBs end up as SAM,  which is likely where Carmichael should be and should have stayed.  Leggett at least has experience in the secondary (albeit at S) but I would think he could also play HB, or at least should be given an opportunity given the results we've gotten from the Roc so far

yea but don't we have depth DB's that could be used in place of Roc before messing up our current defense more so then needed?   I mean if O'shea still believes in Roc... ok keep him in there and lets hope for the best BUT i sure don't and hope that hes considering letting someone else take a crack at the job..

Maybe its been nerves and he has been out-thinking himself.. If he gets one more game to prove himself, I'd be ok with it as long as it doesn't cost us a game again.

4 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Hate is a strong word ;)...

I commented after game 1... and still feel this way... I really wish the team would dress Flanders and find a way to get him involved in the game... IMO, the kind of difference he would make to our offense greatly outweighs the minimal impact Lankford has on teams...

If they could keep 4 Natls. on the field D side, it would allow them the flexibility to play Flanders in place of JFG, then they could go with two RB sets or rotate in Lankford or Harris at the receiver spot, I like the dynamic possibilities. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Littlest Ralph brother is starting. Nik Lewis says he might be the most talented of the three.

Been hearing that since he was playing high school ball...curious to see if true.

Okpalaugo has not been his old self since joining us, that's for sure...Maybe he's been nic'd for longer than we know and this latest one has put him on the shelf for awhile...Also want to see what Jeffcoat can do...We need guys like him to step up...