Mic'D Up - Weston Dressler

O2L

Apologies if this is buried in another thread somewhere, but I thought everyone should check this out. I enjoyed watching this so much. It really felt like I was on the sideline with the team during the game (once you get past the intro/travel). I hope that the Bombers plan on doing this every week, one of the best pieces of football content I've seen in forever!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2017/07/05/micd-up-weston-dressler/

Also, so happy we have Dressler!!

Edited by O2L

Just now, Mr Dee said:

?‍? What I'm only beginning to realize, after watching him now for a year and a bit, is how good and complete a player Weston Dressler really is..

For the 'W'

yea I was very excited when we signed him in the off-season last year. Hes just so talented and usually very durable for his size.  Watching him light us (and other teams) up for all those years in Saskabush shoulda soured me on him but hes just too good a player to not root for and now seeing the other side of the equation (how good a teammate he is, how well he works on the teams and whatnot)  just solidifies how good of a pickup  he has been..

I loved how he told Washington that a big play was coming his way and just to be ready when it does, then boom, touchdown. 

His support of and belief in his teammates was great, and not just with the O. Seeing Loffler giving him props, or Dressler cheering Legget on after the BS no-fumble call, or even Medlock thanking him for reigning in the snap on a field goal. Just such a solid teammate.

Also, two TDs in 25 seconds, and then he's running back to be the holder for both! Talk about a blue collar kind of guy!

12 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

That was a great video.  They did a great job with that.  Dressler is the man.  You can tell someone is a good man when even after they move teams, the other team and even fans go up and hug and high five him.

There's a pretty good chance that was family. He is married to a Regina girl and there's bound to be inlaw's and/or cousins and interconnected family.

27 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Just curious on those FG kicks Dressler doesn't call for the snap and I don't hear anything from Medlock either.  How does the C. know when to snap the ball?

You don't know how a silent count works? It's practiced religiously and the players count off in their head.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

You don't know how a silent count works? It's practiced religiously and the players count off in their head.

No, I don't know anything about a silent count, never played organized football.  I thought maybe the signal to snap was when Dressler puts up his hand to receive the ball.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Anyone notice one of the guys he goes up to at the end in the stands is Chris Getzlaf?

Awesome piece. I truly want nothing more than to see Dressler's time with the Riders be the early stages of his career and for him to go in the CFHOF as a Bomber. Would love to see him resigned after this season.

Fun fact: that TD vs SSK was the longest play of his career.

32 minutes ago, Mike said:

Anyone notice one of the guys he goes up to at the end in the stands is Chris Getzlaf?

Awesome piece. I truly want nothing more than to see Dressler's time with the Riders be the early stages of his career and for him to go in the CFHOF as a Bomber. Would love to see him resigned after this season.

Fun fact: that TD vs SSK was the longest play of his career.

All of that, maybe after another contract if he decides to retire, having Weston as a coach would be amazing. The Conversations between he and Nichols were great, just seems like the most likable guy and I really hope he stays a part of this organization for a long time.

31 minutes ago, do or die said:

We specifically targeted Dressler as a FA....and considering his savvy, production, leadership etc.......he is worth every single cent.

QFT. Weve hit and miss with some FAs, but man did we ever hit with dressler. I wish he had come over sooner.