Pre-Season Week 2

Noeller

Thought I'd start a thread for the week leading up to this week's game...

Couple notes outta Edm (via Dave @ CHED Radio) that I've seen:

Mike Reilly not playing this week...Franklin starts with others getting some time after. Most vets not playing for Edm this week...starting OL likely to get significant time, but that's about it. Still a battle for the WIL spot in Edm, which will continue this week vs Wpg.

Franklin looked damn good running their offence against Calgary.  I thought EDM might have some trouble in their receiving corps this season but it looks like they have a couple studs in Zylstra and D'haquille Williams.  This will be a good test for our secondary.

Kinda surprised that Reilly won't be playing, though.

I still have my doubts about Edmonton.  I'm not sold on their OL, running game, or secondary.

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Thought I'd start a thread for the week leading up to this week's game...

Couple notes outta Edm (via Dave @ CHED Radio) that I've seen:

Mike Reilly not playing this week...Franklin starts with others getting some time after. Most vets not playing for Edm this week...starting OL likely to get significant time, but that's about it. Still a battle for the WIL spot in Edm, which will continue this week vs Wpg.

Reilly must have an injury concern, I can't see any other reason he wouldn't be playing.  Good test for the Bombers to show how their pass D has improved and get after Franklin.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

29 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Reilly must have an injury concern, I can't see any other reason he wouldn't be playing.  Good test for the Bombers to show how their pass D has improved and get after Franklin.

Or they are already trying to showcase Franklin... 

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

thats a lot of offensive power missing from esks offense. Would have liked to have seen starters vs starters for a better gauge of our team 

Sorensen, O'Donnell, Howard, Sewell, Willis, Sherritt, Thompson, Young (inj), and Hightower (inj). Very young lineup. #Eskimos #CFLTC

And on D.....missing a lot of bodies....

I don't know what to make of that depth chart.

I get everyone is going to get reps and there's no ratio, but I'm curious about the defensive ratio.

I'm also curious as to why Kyle Knox is still around, I think. He just seems to be *there*, never seems to make any strides in improving.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so Greenwood in Fredericks spot. Don't think i've heard his name mentioned much in camp previous, or I've been asleep at the wheel...

Check Monday's TC Report from Tait....it's got a lot of really good info about him. Dude is a big man who can cover (apparently) and plays all ST and doesn't get tired. MOS says "he's got an all-day motor"...

Just now, Noeller said:

Check Monday's TC Report from Tait....it's got a lot of really good info about him. Dude is a big man who can cover (apparently) and plays all ST and doesn't get tired. MOS says "he's got an all-day motor"...

thanks I must have missed that since our TC thread only really talks about TC very seldomly lol.  Will be interesting to watch tomorrow, definitely someone who should get most peoples attention seeing as we kinda know what everyone else can do.  CB and MLB will be to focal points for me

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Chris Greenwood actually arrived last year and spent most of the year on the practice roster.  He has some NFL experience (2012 5th round pick).  Good size, 6'1" 200 lbs.

in all seriousness, do you have a photographic memory?

Edited by Mark F