Pre-Season Week 2

Noeller

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How is Bass mediocre?

as a MLB he left something to be desired. It was often a criticism about him about playing out of position. He was a good WIL, but with Wild already there Bass got pushed over to the middle where his play was pretty much the definition of mediocre.  

I'm a little concerned about our LB crew to have edm's rb run with ease on us in the first half.  Hopefully the next 2 weeks we focus on correcting some of the things we did wrong tonight

6 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

as a MLB he left something to be desired. It was often a criticism about him about playing out of position. He was a good WIL, but with Wild already there Bass got pushed over to the middle where his play was pretty much the definition of mediocre.  

I'm a little concerned about our LB crew to have edm's rb run with ease on us in the first half.  Hopefully the next 2 weeks we focus on correcting some of the things we did wrong tonight

Bass was very good as a WIL but he didn't seem to be able to grasp the duties of a middle linebacker and was often behind the play.

Went to the game last night..got there a little late and could hear all the penalties being called. It seemed like it was every play by the time we got to our seats, and Edmonton was up 7. The penalties gotta stop, from both the refs and the players.

My thoughts: Andrew Harris was Mr. Everything in the first half, strong and determined as always. Nice catch on a deep ball.

Nichols looked quite rusty to begin, but settled in very nicely. Chungh had one sweet block to open up a lane. TJ Thorpe looked good till he got hurt, not sure how bad it was but he seemed pissed off.

Denmark does what he does, catch the ball.

Loved the size of our back up D Line, Poop and Butcher are a load. Didn't see much of Faith. Corney is bigger and still fast.

Dom Davis....love how he throws the ball with such little effort. One really bad pass which got picked but a penalty saved it. And then the bomb...60 yards IN THE AIR . A thing of beauty.

Glad the Rifles kids got to play.

13 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Yes.

When on earth did he play? I literally did not see him go in once. I saw Butcher, Nevis, Scott and Thomas all over the place getting playing time, but I didn't see big 93 go in and I was specifically looking for him.

I didn't even see him on the bench when I looked, to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just watched the Global highlights, very first play they show, he's in there pressuring Franklin. :lol:

I did miss the first 8 minutes of the first quarter, but I swear I didn't see him on the field. Weird.

He played the first few series on D and then was in street clothes on the sidelines the rest of the game. I assumed he was hurt when I saw him but nothing was ever announced. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just watched the Global highlights, very first play they show, he's in there pressuring Franklin. :lol:

I did miss the first 8 minutes of the first quarter, but I swear I didn't see him on the field. Weird.

He was in for a few plays in Q1. Pointed him out to my seatmate. "There's Poop." But you're right. They didn't use him much. He got slight pressure on Franklin once or twice stuffing up the middle and snagged the RB on one run.

Why is it that this club get's off to such a slow start and then have to play catch up most of the time....Do we like coming from back in the pack and get whipped to the finish line...Last night we did that but came up lame at the finish line...I'd sure like to build a lead and hold it right off the bat for a change....Maybe in Regina....I hope.

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hit that Like button bro

Edited by Atomic

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

God, for as much as people want to hate on Hurl ... and point to that Perkins run TD as a reason why ..

Just watched the highlights and that was entirely Jake Thomas' fault.

I see things differently on the replay. Thomas for sure got pushed back and he was partly double-teamed. Then he was illegally held, but no call on the hold. Perkins release through the gap couldn't be blamed entirely on Thomas though. Hurl got boxed out because his reaction time was too slow. And Bruce Johnson had the wrong angle for his lateral pursuit - also because he was too slow to react.

31 minutes ago, Mike said:

When on earth did he play? I literally did not see him go in once. I saw Butcher, Nevis, Scott and Thomas all over the place getting playing time, but I didn't see big 93 go in and I was specifically looking for him.

I didn't even see him on the bench when I looked, to be honest.

That's funny because I was wondering the same thing. I never saw him once.