Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Montreal, yeah

Ottawa? Not sure I see it. They traded Jackson + Williams for Shaw + Spencer, Kanneh for Jefferson and ... added some Canadian depth pieces?

I don't love our day either. But meh.

If Williams comes back healthy and not missing a step, he will be the biggest thing ottawa lost today IMO.  Jackson+ Williams > Shaw+Spencer all day every day  (Kanneh and Jefferson are a wash)  it might come down to $. Listening to Desjardin before FA opened he said,  most players look for a big pay day after a GC win. I can see this being the case here

So I guess the question is;   Do you over pay for the extra production,  or keep yourself cap friendly while dropping off a bit talent wise

You also can factor in Oko as a big free agent piece. With him, Westerman and Nevis alone our D line is going to be huge upgrade. Rotating Corney in to keep em fresh and they will be lethal.

Heck I would even consider 3-4ing them and get Corney doing a lil rush end ala ty Jones back in the day coming from all kinds of spots on the edge or even from 3-4 yards in depth ..lotsa possibilities now. 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

You also can factor in Oko as a big free agent piece. With him, Westerman and Nevis alone our D line is going to be huge upgrade. Rotating Corney in to keep em fresh and they will be lethal.

Heck I would even consider 3-4ing them and get Corney doing a lil rush end ala ty Jones back in the day coming from all kinds of spots on the edge or even from 3-4 yards in depth ..lotsa possibilities now. 

That's a huge factor... if you thrown him into today's free agent signings... I believe we immediately become on of the FA winners again...

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I think today has been a very good day, sure we lost some pieces but we gained some and extended a big piece , days not over yet and some nice players are still unemployed.

Well we went into the day without a lot of holes to fill.  So exciting splashy signings were just not likely.  There are still a few things that can be done to make this team better.  We'll see what happens.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Richie+Hall+vqsU_YVVI-Wm.jpg

Just now, Atomic said:

I'd still like to see LaFrance and Denmark sign here but otherwise pretty pleased with how the day has gone.  Very happy about Nevis and the Chungh extension.

We've got enough import receivers on the roster but there was so much natural chemistry between Denmark and Nichols last year that I hope they find room for one more.

Just now, bearpants said:

That's a huge factor... if you thrown him into today's free agent signings... I believe we immediately become on of the FA winners again...

Im definitely excited of our Dline potential right now,  Okpalaugo and Nevis are pretty damn good signings, but I was equally as excited last year when we signed Sholo and Cummings, so I'm holding out on a total fan boi rager at this time lol

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nevis. Coates.  Hurl. In on a couple other depth pieces. 

I thought we did alright 

Walters said he'd look at DL CDN Rec and depth... that's what we have seemed to done. I'd guess we go DL 1st overall on may 7th 

Sounds like Ankou isn't getting the NFL looks he thought he would...  probably a safe bet