Free Agency Frenzy

BigBlue

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

scianitti saying were going after NI DB Matt Black (formerly with the argos) #'s are world beater 44 defensive tackles, 10 ST tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF  but could be nice depth

Backup safety with good sp tms ability 

I'm other news redblacks release Damaso Munoz 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bombers in on DB safety backup Matt black and I thought I saw they are in on Cory Greenwood also 

unless were going NI at one of the linebacker positions, I dont see the need for Greenwood,   he put up decent numbers in 2016 for 12 games,  70 defensive tackles 2 sacks,  but with hurl and Briggs re-signing and waggoner, it'll be pretty crowded for NI LB's if we go all import

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

40 minutes ago, Mike said:

Ottawa LOVES receivers. I don't get it though. They have Juron Criner who could really use an elevated role in this offense and they still go out and get Shaw/Spencer to replace Williams/Jackson?

So weird.

whats weirder than re-signing Hurl? ?

Edited by M.O.A.B.

2 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

What?

We signed an experienced Free Agent NI, probably for less money than before and people are bitching? How about we look at it like we got an experienced NI, at a good price, and appreciate that depth?

I'm not bitching.  Hurl was fantastic on special teams last year - him and Waggoner were a big part of the excellent downfield coverage we had.  And the reality is almost every import starter on the roster is backed up during games by a NI.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There's an assumption that he's better than Jake Thomas, and I don't know that's 100% accurate. The key will be finding an Import to play beside him. I guess you could find a NI to rotate with JT, but it has to be cost-effective...it's really not worth spending big bucks on...

Did you miss that we signed drake Nevis this morning?  He's the import that will play beside him.

4 minutes ago, rex said:

Did you miss that we signed drake Nevis this morning?  He's the import that will play beside him.

Completely slipped my mind in the midst of all the craziness....yes, Nevis is the IMP to play next to Thomas. What we need now is a NI to rotate with JT...whether that's Butcher or whoever....we're good. No need for a big money NI just to rotate with JT...

Just now, Brandon said:

I'm not sure if this makes me a bad person or not... but I'm more so excited about the Riders missing out on potential free agents then us signing any more new guys?

I feel the same way with all things riders, but gotta give credit where its due, Dennis is a big signing for them in an area they desperately needed help.  I'd settle for them missing out on deane tho at this point lol

Just now, Noeller said:

Completely slipped my mind in the midst of all the craziness....yes, Nevis is the IMP to play next to Thomas. What we need now is a NI to rotate with JT...whether that's Butcher or whoever....we're good. No need for a big money NI just to rotate with JT...

I don't necessarily agree. He rotated with big money last year and we all thought it was no big deal. JT is a great player, but he's not an every down kind of guy. Butcher is not going to fill that role, if anything, Butcher is the kind of guy who comes in for Nevis. He's a nose tackle.

We need a guy in that role. If it's Westerman, great. If not, we still have a question there.