Canadian Politics

Johnson resigned. The first ever “special rapporteur” failed. Less than a week ago he said he would continue, before he was questioned by MP’s. After the questioning, he’s done, his choice. He decided to make a new plan Stan, Hop on the bus Gus. 

12 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I love how all opposition parties blame JT for destroying Johnston's rep... 

don't really understand why they didn't just let him do his job

Your must be joking. 
https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris-selley-happy-retirement-david-johnston

Edited by Rod Black

Can't seem to insert this tweet cleanly as twitter is a bit of a mess, but it contains a video of PP earnestly defending Harper's appointment of David Johnston to chair the inquiry into the Mulroney-Schreiber affair at the time.

After 6,915 days as an MP, I’ve changed my mind. Extremism will catapult me into being elected Prime Minister. I will say anything and attack anyone, about whatever, if I think it will make Canadians angry. Disinformed voters win me elections.

He Seemed like such a fine young man with an ultra-brite future!

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you are trying to say here... all you did was link a opinion piece from fox entertainment of the north...

Why is Johnston considered so controversial a choice? If there has been no contact for 40years...  

19 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Interesting take on old buddy old pal...

"Johnston has said that while he was friends with Pierre Trudeau and skied with the Trudeau family back when Justin Trudeau and his brothers were children, he hasn't had any meetings, dinners or personal contacts with Trudeau in the past 40 years."

I love how all opposition parties blame JT for destroying Johnston's rep... when it was all the opponents shitting themselves and flinging as much **** all over the place that led to this... 

its funny really. And a bit sad.  don't really understand why they didn't just let him do his job

Its called "political theater" to impress voters, and destroying the credibility and reputation of a good man is par for the course.

28 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Its called "political theater" to impress voters, and destroying the credibility and reputation of a good man is par for the course.

But listening to pp... you'd think it was all Justin's fault.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other parties shitting themselves senseless and hurling accusations of conflicts of interests like monkeys fling **** all over the place. 

Seriously, **** these guys. 

Not a JT fan at all... but C'mon- at this point its going to be "thanks Obama" meme all over again.

"My wife cheated on me, thanks alot Justin!"

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

Perfect example of forgetting all the **** flinging by all opposition parties to make this an issue and piling it all on JTs lap.

The political climate of today is hyper-partisan, Thanks Trudeau.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-chong-1.6874498

The head of the RCMP says his organization has opened an investigation into allegations that China attempted to target and intimidate Conservative MP Michael Chong and his family.

Commissioner Mike Duheme told the procedure and House affairs committee Tuesday morning that the investigation is one of more than 100 current RCMP probes looking into foreign interference. His comments come as the committee studies an alleged 2021 Beijing plot to amass information on Chong's family in retaliation for his efforts to recognize the persecution of Uyghurs as genocide.

Duheme and Deputy Commissioner Mark Flynn said the RCMP also offered to assist the commissioner of Canada Elections with other allegations coming from Conservative MP Erin O'Toole and NDP MP Jenny Kwan.

Duheme and Flynn said the force only learned about the Chong matter recently, when The Globe and Mail broke the story. 

"I'm aware of that type of threat being present but I was not aware of the specifics," said Flynn.

"The news that individuals, parliamentarians, and the general public in Canada are subjected to threats and intimidation is not news."

"The reality is we do have distinct organizations with distinct mandates involved in the national security space to combat this threat," Flynn responded. "There is at times an appropriate withholding of specific information."

CSIS Director David Vigneault is scheduled to testify later Tuesday night. 

On 2023-06-11 at 11:45 AM, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you are trying to say here... all you did was link a opinion piece from fox entertainment of the north...

Why is Johnston considered so controversial a choice? If there has been no contact for 40years...  

Seriously? You are forgetting he sits on the board of directors of the Trudeau Foundation? The same Trudeau foundation that accepted money from the Chinese government. This had conflict of interest screaming from the rooftops. I can't even believe anyone would be so biased politically as to maintain that this shouldn't have at the very least raised eyebrows significantly. Holy crap....some of you guys hate for the CPC is totally blinding your sense of right and wrong when it comes to what this government is doing.  What I am hearing out of the Liberal camp is just gross.

Did Poilievre turn this into political theatre. Absolutely. If there ever was a time for justifying that this is the time. It is an assault to all political decency to try and pass off David Johnston as a proper choice for this matter. 

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Seriously? You are forgetting he sits on the board of directors of the Trudeau Foundation? The same Trudeau foundation that accepted money from the Chinese government. This had conflict of interest screaming from the rooftops. I can't even believe anyone would be so biased politically as to maintain that this shouldn't have at the very least raised eyebrows significantly. Holy crap....some of you guys hate for the CPC is totally blinding your sense of right and wrong when it comes to what this government is doing.  What I am hearing out of the Liberal camp is just gross.

Did Poilievre turn this into political theatre. Absolutely. If there ever was a time for justifying that this is the time. It is an assault to all political decency to try and pass off David Johnston as a proper choice for this matter. 

And yet PP and his crew have yet to come up with even one part of the report that could have been slanted to favour the Liberal government or Trudeau. Josef Goebbels said that if you repeat an accusation or lie loud enough and often enough, it becomes believable.

Edited by Tracker

48 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Pausing my "ignore you" function just long enough to correct you - David Johnston has never been on the Board of Directors of the Trudeau Foundation. 

Not all of us believe PeePee's lies.

Mudslinging is all he's done since assuming the role of "leader" of the Contrarian Pissbabies of Canada last September.

He has served no other purpose - much like the rest of that party the last few years.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Seriously? You are forgetting he sits on the board of directors of the Trudeau Foundation? 

Seriously? Where are you are pulling this **** from? You scream "Liar" so much- yet you spread so much misinformation- it's mind blowing.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I can't even believe anyone would be so biased politically as to maintain that this shouldn't have at the very least raised eyebrows significantly. Holy crap....some of you guys hate for the CPC is totally blinding your sense of right and wrong when it comes to what this government is doing.  

7plpyf.jpg

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Did Poilievre turn this into political theatre. Absolutely. If there ever was a time for justifying that this is the time.

It's never the time to emulate the republican political playbook. 

Never.

18 hours ago, Wideleft said:

PeePee never heard about the boy who cried wolf.  The constant bitching and moaning tunes reasonable people out and will dilute any salient point (big if) he'll try to make in the future.

That's the idea. More people voting is bad for unpopular parties, but if you have a diehard base that always votes then you turn other folks off you can maybe win.

Cynicism favours the extremist parts of the political spectrum. Conscientious voters who follow the events will simply not vote if they believe their votes will not improve things, whereas the lunatic fringe will, if anything, double down on their support. I suspect that the Cons know this and try to foster apathy.

21 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Seriously? Where are you are pulling this **** from? You scream "Liar" so much- yet you spread so much misinformation- it's mind blowing.

7plpyf.jpg

It's never the time to emulate the republican political playbook. 

Never.

Minor correction. Trump playbook. There are sane republicans that can’t be brushed with this grossness.