Canadian Politics

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So Stefanson wins with 51% of the vote... 363 votes difference when potentially 1000's of voters did not receive their ballot. 

I'd be willing to wager a good chunk of those ballots should have gone to new PC card holders who got signed up by Ken Lee.

Edited by bigg jay

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Over/under on Shelley running for Pallister's old seat? 

Will the party brass want her as their candidate after she nearly derailed their coronation of Stefanson?    There maybe some hurt feelings and that fight might not be over if Shelley tries to contest the  election over the missing ballots (not sure if she has any recourse there though).

On 2021-10-30 at 8:11 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Glover keeping the “fraudulent election” card from the Trump playbook in her back pocket at the moment. 

shelly-glover-rally-oct-31-2021.jpg

Shelly Glover supporters protest 'unfair' leadership race

escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I would have hated for Glover to win, but I could definitely see why her supporters would be upset. Stefanson was clearly the choice of the party, there was an issues of missing ballots and it was a very close result. Anti-vax whackos joined up on mass to have their say in the new premier. Anti-vax superstar Patrick Allard personally went around to collect ballots from his mob of idiots and deliver them because they didn't trust mailing them in. Is this a rerun of a show I've seen before?

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

I would have hated for Glover to win, but I could definitely see why her supporters would be upset. Stefanson was clearly the choice of the party, there was an issues of missing ballots and it was a very close result. Anti-vax whackos joined up on mass to have their say in the new premier. Anti-vax superstar Patrick Allard personally went around to collect ballots from his mob of idiots and deliver them because they didn't trust mailing them in. Is this a rerun of a show I've seen before?

Buncha brainwashed nutters who lost whatever limp grip on reality they had. Why are the dumbest people always the ******* loudest?

Those oxygen thieves are just exhausting anymore.

Oh, and **** Glover. What an opportunistic *****.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Buncha brainwashed nutters who lost whatever limp grip on reality they had. Why are the dumbest people always the ******* loudest?

Those oxygen thieves are just exhausting anymore.

Oh, and **** Glover. What an opportunistic *****.

Because its all they have in lieu of logic, legal precedent and decency. That is was close at all says something both sad and alarming about the state of the provincial (and probably federal) PCs.  Edging ever closer to fascism while pretending to be tolerant.

2 hours ago, the watcher said:

She has adopted Salinger's " if I can't have it , no one can " plan. Blowing up your party and immersing it in a internal war will put the opposition back in power. But that's not what she cares about. She cares about Shelly Glover. 

The PCs were pretty much guaranteed to lose the next election, which probably one of the reasons Pallister not only bailed but has also sold his house in Winnipeg.  With this internal blood-fuel so closely resembling Trump's hiss-fit debacle it will likely increase the magnitude of the pending loss. Landslide election wins rarely make for good government, though. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

The PCs were pretty much guaranteed to lose the next election, which probably one of the reasons Pallister not only bailed but has also sold his house in Winnipeg.  With this internal blood-fuel so closely resembling Trump's hiss-fit debacle it will likely increase the magnitude of the pending loss. Landslide election wins rarely make for good government, though. 

I kind of agree but the PCs do have a chance if Stefanson can come across as a more reasonable, less hardass leader. Having 2 years to " change the image " gives them a chance. But an internal squabble is a death sentence.

9 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I kind of agree but the PCs do have a chance if Stefanson can come across as a more reasonable, less hardass leader. Having 2 years to " change the image " gives them a chance. But an internal squabble is a death sentence.

Stefanson was, I believe, the minister of health who made all the major cuts there that led to the lack of capacity to respond to the COVID, not to mention increasing wait times on knee and hip replacements from 12-15 months to 2 1/2 years + where it is now. She is going to have to wear that.

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Stefanson was, I believe, the minister of health who made all the major cuts there that led to the lack of capacity to respond to the COVID, not to mention increasing wait times on knee and hip replacements from 12-15 months to 2 1/2 years + where it is now. She is going to have to wear that.

I'm not arguing her merits .I'm simply saying they will have a shot if she come across a little more central than Pallister. The general public will tend to blame him. But again if this becomes a shite show she doesn't stand a chance.

49 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Pretty sure that was Cameron Friesen or Kelvin Goertzen