Game 43 : Catching Fire @ The Fault In Our Stars

Just now, Ducky said:

If we won 2 and lost 1 for the rest of the season, we make the playoffs.

Yup. 

Sucks they lost today but... it's not the end of the world.  It Sucks how they lost more than the fact that they lost.  3 1 lead. Dominating for 2 periods. 30 20 shots on goal... crap the bed. 36 35 buffalo shots on goal final.  

Up 3 - 1 and out shooting them something like 26 - 10.... against a crap team like Buffalo.....  this is the type of game that really shows that this team right now is no where near play off caliber.     

The talent is there....  the motivation/coaching is super questionable.   I wonder if we had more of a hard ass like Torts if the guys would perform better. 

We weren't motivated when we walked all over them in the first period and then to start the 2nd? We were freaking dominating them as well as any team we have played this year. Oh, that was Maurice turning the puck over and letting in goals.

Let me guess, the haters can't blame the PK because they didn't let one in today. They can't blame the PP because they potted one today, Jeez Louise what can we blame Maurice for? I know, no motivation... getting pathetic already...

I don't question Staf moving up mid-game, he actually wasn't playing that bad. I would have double shifted Armia and Wheeler into Laine's spot but that's me. Staf playing on the 2nd or 4th for half a period doesn't change the outcome.

Tanev getting the call up?

It's the same problems every game. That's what you ignore. You call people haters like youre some teenage girl but it's not hating... it's reality. 

You and Maurice are running out of excuses now. 

I thought you said injuries played a role... now it's something else. Next loss when we make the same stupid mistakes and the same stupid penalties and same stupid line combinations... what's it gonna be? Your go to one is to blame the goalies isn't it?  

Buffalo called their timeout and since that moment OWNED our ASS. 

That is what you call being out coached. Maurice had no answer. 

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

4-3 since healthy and i notice u didn't say anything about coaching after the last two wins.

But hey, let's play Thorbs...

4-3 with a healthy lineup isn't good enough.  We lost to the worst road team in the league and lost a 2 goal lead to another crappy team. 

Wow. A game above 500 when healthy.  

If you seriously don't  think coaching is an issue... I don't know what to say anymore. 

Stafford was put with scheif and Ehlers today. Do you get that? 

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

4-3 with a healthy lineup isn't good enough.  We lost to the worst road team in the league and lost a 2 goal lead to another crappy team. 

Wow. A game above 500 when healthy.  

If you seriously don't  think coaching is an issue... I don't know what to say anymore. 

Stafford was put with scheif and Ehlers today. Do you get that? 

Let me do the math for you because I know it isn't your strong point....4/7 x 164 = 94 points. Good enough for the playoffs so ANOTHER point of yours wrong. Staf playing with Ehlers  and Scheif is the reason we lost???? Wrong again.

Last week Buff was a B+ on your report card but this week he is playing poorly?

Last week Copp was a B but this week send him down?

Last week Tanev was a "perfect 4th liner" but this week let him develop on the farm?

What is your opinion going to be tomorrow?

Maurice took a very young team decimated by injuries with the worst schedule in the history of the NHL and below average goaltending with the poorest 3rd pairing D in the league and has them around .500....not bad if you ask me.

Tired of hearing your crying about firing Maurice, he isn't getting fired...face it....move on....it isn't happening no matter how much you whine.

Edited by Ducky

right now we are three points out of a playoff spot

still better than last year when we were four point out of a playoff spot, and we could easily get one if Vancouver and Toronto keep losing but even so we'll be tied with Ottawa and Calgary

Edited by iHeart