US Politics

Rich

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/03/03/pence-used-private-email-account-as-governor-ac360-sot.cnn

Yeah... I don't think a trump rally is going to break out in:

"LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

Too freakin' funny.

Know what else is funny:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/has-trump-tweeted-yet-trnd/index.html

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

7 hours ago, Wideleft said:

If you have no time for long form journalism, you will forever be asking questions and discounting news reports as fake news if they don't fit your narrative.  This article will take a minimum of 30 minutes to read and possibly more to comprehend.  It is an informative and balanced essay on the Trump/Russia problem.  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/06/trump-putin-and-the-new-cold-war

Thanks for sharing that article- very good read. 

9 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thanks for sharing that article- very good read. 

I read part of the article. Tries to appear be even handed, but actually isn't.

Crediting Bill Clinton with protecting  the Balkans from Russia for instance. That's wrong. That wasn't even the (fake) justification at the time.

And the Balkans are in ruins.

article says

"WikiLeaks released nearly twenty thousand e-mails, the most damaging of which suggested that the D.N.C., though formally impartial, was trying to undermine Bernie Sanders’s campaign. "

Suggested?

There isn't much doubt that the DNC had decided in advance who the winner was going to be.  "On May 21, DNC national press secretary Mark Pautenbach suggested pushing a narrative that Sanders "never ever had his act together, that his campaign was a mess."    on and on with these examples of the bias.

It's never been proved that the wikileaks releases came from Russia. Wikileaks said that's not where they got that stuff. But the author assumes it was from Russia. As a result, attention was diverted from the contents of the emails. The emails were very revealing about the nature of how upper level politics is run. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

Article says "Bruno Kahl, the head of Germany’s foreign-intelligence agency, has expressed concern that Russian hackers are also trying to disrupt the German political scene," which is correct, (that he said that, not that it happened)

Yeah, but also...

"After a multi-month, politically charged investigation, German intelligence agencies could find no good evidence of Moscow-directed cyber-attacks or a disinformation campaign aimed at subverting the democratic process in Germany."

I would say basically when you read through, it seems like a clinton/Democratic party establishment  follower's work.

Edited by Mark F
edited

40 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Chuck Schumer having a doughnut with Putin?  Just what were the Democrats up to??? Feeding Putin doughnuts and buying his love? 

Context, as always, is important.

The photograph was taken during Putin's 2003 visit to New York City, Schumer's office confirmed. Schumer, then in his first Senate term, and Putin were at the opening of a Lukoil gas station in Manhattan. Per Getty Images, which had photos from its archives of that day, the senator spoke about U.S.-Russia relations.

-

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

FBI Official:     "Here is the updated Top Ten Most Wanted List, Mr President"

Trump:  "About time!  Have you screened the list the way I wanted?"

FBI Official:  "Yes sir.   Much more focus on our Southern border, now."

Trump:   "Awesome! About time you guys did something instead of leaks."  "You've been bad....bad."

Trump reads the list.......

1.  Gustavo Fring

2.  Ron L. Mexico

3.  Tony Montoya

4. Hector "Tuco" Salamanga

5.  Carlito Brigante

6.  Sasso aka Ron for Renaldo

7.  Pancho Villa

8.  Un-named Bill Clinton love child

9.  Ricardo Montelban

10.  Cheech Marin

Trump:   "Great!   Looks just right.  Anyone can tell there are a bunch of real bad hombres, there.   Number 8 is great - nobody can call me a racist.  I even left off Geraldo Rivera, so the media couldn't cry.   Nobody is smarter than me!"

Another Democrat caught out-right lying, this time Nanci Pelosi.  No surprise there.  As another poster said, context is important.  Russians and Americans meet all of the time.  If Sessions was lying under oath and he was actually meeting with Russians on behalf of Trump instead of on behalf of his job, then he should resign.  But for Democrats to say that there is no interaction/they never meet with these same Russian people they are screaming about Trump's team meeting is just ridiculous.  They once again have gone too far, and because of that, those that may be legitimately guilty may just wriggle off the hook.

lavrov_medvedev_pelosi_a_1160.jpg

Who is that Nanci???

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/nancy-pelosi-sergey-kislyak-meeting-235653

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

^ photo is fourteen years old ^

As far as I know, Schumer has not exhibited a pattern of Russian collusion since 2003, when this photo was taken.

Exactly.  Who has demonstrated a pattern of "Russian collusion", and why does meeting with Russians now have to sound so nefarious?  That's the part I don't get.  Meetings between Americans and Russians happen all of the time.  They even have doughnuts and lunch together.  Why is this suddenly so bad?

3 hours ago, do or die said:

FBI Official:     "Here is the updated Top Ten Most Wanted List, Mr President"

Trump:  "About time!  Have you screened the list the way I wanted?"

FBI Official:  "Yes sir.   Much more focus on our Southern border, now."

Trump:   "Awesome! About time you guys did something instead of leaks."  "You've been bad....bad."

Trump reads the list.......

1.  Gustavo Fring

2.  Ron L. Mexico

3.  Tony Montoya

4. Hector "Tuco" Salamanga

5.  Carlito Brigante

6.  Sasso aka Ron for Renaldo

7.  Pancho Villa

8.  Un-named Bill Clinton love ch

9.  Ricardo Montelban

10.  Cheech Marin

Trump:   "Great!   Looks just right.  Anyone can tell there are a bunch of real bad hombres, there.   Number 8 is great - nobody can call me a racist.  I even left off Geraldo Rivera, so the media couldn't cry.   Nobody is smarter than me!"

They forgot....

11. Machete (Danny Trejo)

12. Juan Valdez.

I'm outraged by this omission.

Trump and friends lying about meeting Russians... won't be charged, nobody gets charged for lying in American politics.

Clapper lied to Congress, and admitted it..... crickets.

Three or so people lied to congress, while  being interviewed for Trump cabinet jobs. and got caught out....... crickets. All got their job.

Meeting with Russians? Maybe, or maybe not a big deal depending on what they were doing together.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were discussing the election, and subverting it, but I doubt that we'll ever know. Unless somebody taped the conversations.

That would be very interesting.

For me, bottom line, the whole bunch of them, both main parties, are underhanded and untrustworthy. They don't give a rats azz about the people of the United States. Anyone that does, gets sidelined.

Edited by Mark F

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Exactly.  Who has demonstrated a pattern of "Russian collusion", and why does meeting with Russians now have to sound so nefarious?  That's the part I don't get.  Meetings between Americans and Russians happen all of the time.  They even have doughnuts and lunch together.  Why is this suddenly so bad?

Yes, of course it is okay to have meetings with people.

It is not okay to meet with them so you can conspire to break the law.

I don't know whether the law was broken, but I think that there is ample grounds for suspicion.

I've laid out a bunch of the specific oddities that have raised questions, and they go far beyond "a guy met with a guy." 

Like, for instance, how did Roger Stone know in September about the Podesta email drops in October? What was up with that? Why did Manafort lie about his Ukranian millions? Why did Sessions immediately deny meeting with the Russians when that wasn't even the question that Franken asked?  What in hell is Carter Page's deal and why was he trying so hard to get himself subpoena'd on MSNBC last night?  Why are intelligence committee Republicans calling for special prosecutors?  Why are Republicans now calling for Trump to open up his tax returns?

It's probably not super useful to reiterate all this, because you've got your worldview and your team and your dank talking points, but whatever.

This is what Trump and Putin are up to:
Exxon Mobil, under Rex Tillerson, brokered a deal with Russia in 2013 to lease over 60 million acres of Russian land to pump oil out of (which is five times as much land as they lease in the US), but all that Russian oil would go through pipelines in the Ukraine, who heavily tax the proceeds, and Ukraine was applying for admission into NATO at the time.
Putin subsequently invaded Ukraine in 2014, secured the routes to export the oil tax-free by sea, and took control of the port where their Black Sea Naval Fleet is based, by taking the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine by force. This was Hitler style imperialism that broke every international law in the free world.
After Obama sanctioned Russia for the invasion, Exxon Mobil could only pump oil from approximately 3 of those 60+ million acres. But now that Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State,  there’s information circulating that Donald Trump will likely unilaterally remove all sanctions against Russia in the coming days or weeks.
The Russian government’s oil company, Rosneft, will make half a trillion (500 Billion) dollars from that much untapped oil, all pumped tax-free through Crimea, stolen from Ukraine, now owned by Russia. Putin may have subverted the US government just for this deal to go through.
19.5% or $20 Billion worth of Russian Oil shares was transferred to new owners in December. The identities of the new owners is unknown. The corporate shell is a Cayman islands registered corporate ditch designed for anonymous ownership. In the end its always about money.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2016/12/15/trump-russia-exxon-tillerson/amp/
http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16912
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/carter-page-trump-russia-igor-sechin-dossier-2017-1

Very interesting goldkobra.

Makes perfect sense and explains everything about this mess..

In the end its always about money.

Yes. And The Russian kleptocrats make all the others seem like preschoolers.

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

This is what Trump and Putin are up to:
Exxon Mobil, under Rex Tillerson, brokered a deal with Russia in 2013 to lease over 60 million acres of Russian land to pump oil out of (which is five times as much land as they lease in the US), but all that Russian oil would go through pipelines in the Ukraine, who heavily tax the proceeds, and Ukraine was applying for admission into NATO at the time.
Putin subsequently invaded Ukraine in 2014, secured the routes to export the oil tax-free by sea, and took control of the port where their Black Sea Naval Fleet is based, by taking the Crimean peninsula from Ukraine by force. This was Hitler style imperialism that broke every international law in the free world.
After Obama sanctioned Russia for the invasion, Exxon Mobil could only pump oil from approximately 3 of those 60+ million acres. But now that Rex Tillerson is Secretary of State,  there’s information circulating that Donald Trump will likely unilaterally remove all sanctions against Russia in the coming days or weeks.
The Russian government’s oil company, Rosneft, will make half a trillion (500 Billion) dollars from that much untapped oil, all pumped tax-free through Crimea, stolen from Ukraine, now owned by Russia. Putin may have subverted the US government just for this deal to go through.
19.5% or $20 Billion worth of Russian Oil shares was transferred to new owners in December. The identities of the new owners is unknown. The corporate shell is a Cayman islands registered corporate ditch designed for anonymous ownership. In the end its always about money.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2016/12/15/trump-russia-exxon-tillerson/amp/
http://m.democracynow.org/stories/16912
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/carter-page-trump-russia-igor-sechin-dossier-2017-1

This would make a blockbuster of a movie

18 hours ago, Mark F said:

They forgot....

11. Machete (Danny Trejo)

12. Juan Valdez.

I'm outraged by this omission.

Trump and friends lying about meeting Russians... won't be charged, nobody gets charged for lying in American politics.

Clapper lied to Congress, and admitted it..... crickets.

Three or so people lied to congress, while  being interviewed for Trump cabinet jobs. and got caught out....... crickets. All got their job.

Meeting with Russians? Maybe, or maybe not a big deal depending on what they were doing together.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were discussing the election, and subverting it, but I doubt that we'll ever know. Unless somebody taped the conversations.

That would be very interesting.

For me, bottom line, the whole bunch of them, both main parties, are underhanded and untrustworthy. They don't give a rats azz about the people of the United States. Anyone that does, gets sidelined.

You've just summed up in five words that there are still good sincere people in politics regardless of stripes, ideology and beliefs.

These are the people 'we' need to get behind, trying to get them back in and/or ensure they remain on the playing field.

"We' can be a mix of public citizens from all walks of life and perspectives, politicians from all stripes and colors, influential business and entertainment gurus etc etc. That's where real change happens.