US Politics

Rich

I watched the Stormy interview and if what she says is true and if what she and her lawyer claim to have is true, it's going to put Trump in a tough spot.  Her story of being threatened while with her baby daughter was particularly loathsome. 

On the show (and I've seen this elsewhere) this discussed how this would be an issue for Trump.  Its not really the sex or the affair since Trump's base wouldnt care and the so called moral majority have shown a willingness to ignore the things they hate as long as its their man doing it.  But the hush money could be a campaign finance violation.  The end result would be a fine so its not a huge deal but if Mueller decided to investigate and ever gets Trump under oath and he lies, thats impeachment. 

The best part is, the GOP cant really call it a witch hunt since its the same thing that happened to Democrat John Edwards (he was acquitted). 

While I do think character is a reasonable point to consider in politics, personally I dont *really* care who sleeps with whom.  But the stories of Trump's penchant for affairs feeds the larger narrative of his potential blackmail and the Steel Dossier.  Not to mention the enormous amount of women who have accused him of inappropriate behavior. 

Stormy is well spoken.  She's good with the media.  Between her and McDougal Trump's been painted as a liar and (careless) cheater.  Although oddly, while Trump attacks everyone who every opposes him, he's been awfully quiet about these women (save for the official responses by his people). 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Just when you think they can’t stoop any lower they do. 

hes not the only one I’ve seen attack Emma either. I wonder what it is about her that makes her the knee jerk target for right wing attacks. Hmmmmm

Here's the start of a thread about a Teen Vogue photoshoot that the alt-right has photoshopped in another attack.

It didn’t get lower than attacking a child victim of violence to further a political cause especially when that cause is utter bunk. They should be absolutely ashamed. And where is the leadership from the White House and nra and gop to demand their supporters stop this?

are they that afraid of this young woman?

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It didn’t get lower than attacking a child victim of violence to further a political cause especially when that cause is utter bunk. They should be absolutely ashamed. And where is the leadership from the White House and nra and gop to demand their supporters stop this?

Given how the leadership of the NRA and members of the GOP are doing some of the attacking, it's a safe bet to say they are afraid of her and the other young people involved.

14 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Seems appropriate.

Its also interesting that when Judge whatshisname was being criticised for his harassment/assault/interest in teenage girls, the GOP was happy to point out they were old enough to make their own decisions and who cared anyway but now 17 year olds are too young and stupid to have an opinion about being shot in school. 

similar to when athletes are told to "just shut up and play" when they talk about something that's unpleasant to some people.

The greatest most revered athlete in modern history did not keep quiet.

Every country has hatred and bigotry, but in America, it seems to be deeper and wider than in any other western world country.

It is very unsettling.

There are huge problems to deal with in this world. 

Edited by Mark F

Also, Steve King is a US rep.  He IS the government.  Is he saying he wants the populace armed to prevent him and his buddies from turning the US into a giant prison camp?  He's literally saying arm the public to stop me.  What a nut.  Not to mention the "armed populace to keep the government honest" argument is likely the worst one to make in the US in 2018.  We're going to over throw the government with some AR-15s.  yeah right.

Being young, being a woman, being Cuban...oh and looking and dressing the way she does...these people attacking were probably fully erect at the prospect of going after her.  She checked all the boxes.  Too bad for them she's an intelligent, articulate person as are many of these young people.  I hope their efforts continue full throttle and I hope they can gather enough like-minded young people to vote (likely for the first time) and make a difference.

Funny how "we need to engage young people in the democratic process" has become "What do they know, they're stupid kids".    But many of them now and many shortly will be old enough to buy these weapons.  Will they be young dumb kids then?  or responsible gun owners?