US Politics

Rich

35 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump’s Tax Returns Will Be Made Public On Friday Morning

Donald Trump's tax returns will be made public for the American people to see on Friday morning.

Will mean nothing to the American with questionable character waving their Trump flag around with pride mocking anyone who challenges them. This just emboldens them more believing he is being persecuted like Jesus parting with money they don’t have.

5 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Will mean nothing to the American with questionable character waving their Trump flag around with pride mocking anyone who challenges them. This just emboldens them more believing he is being persecuted like Jesus parting with money they don’t have.

With any luck, the soft-core Republicans who still have a functioning cerebral cortex will realize that Trump is a shameless grifter, serving only himself.

Judge Orders Another Long Prison Term In Whitmer Kidnap Plot

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A Delaware trucker described as a co-leader of the conspiracy to kidnap Michigan’s governor has been sentenced to more than 19 years in prison.

Barry Croft Jr. was the fourth and final federal defendant to learn his fate, a day after ally Adam Fox was sentenced to 16 years in prison. The two men were convicted in August of conspiracy charges at a second trial in Grand Rapids.

Mark Meadows Could Be Going To Prison For A Very Long Time

Former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows took classified documents home with him, made copies, and handed them out to other people.

From the 1/6 Committee report:

Oof — Devin Nunes – Mark Meadows, classified documents given to reporters, including Jon Solomon — here about page 142 https://t.co/jBIHnpVybA pic.twitter.com/Ypos5QFH2f

— Outspoken™️ (@Out5p0ken) December 27, 2022

Fox News places blame on Pete Buttigieg for 'stranded' Southwest customers

Department of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is being blamed by Fox News for the thousands of canceled Southwest flights that left millions stranded in airports, Huffpost reports.

During the busiest travel period of the year, multiple airlines suffered delays and cancellations due to a winter storm, but Southwest has and continues to suffer with the highest cancellation rate.

“Mayor Pete Leaves Southwest Customers Stranded” is the headline that appeared on-screen during a Fox News "Ingraham Angle" segment, fully blaming the former 2020 presidential candidate for Southwest's shortcomings.

https://www.alternet.org/fox-news-blames-pete-buttigieg/

19 hours ago, Tracker said:

With any luck, the soft-core Republicans who still have a functioning cerebral cortex will realize that Trump is a shameless grifter, serving only himself.

I’m thinking some or alot of these soft core republicans present themselves as such but really aren’t. To me they are more frustrating and embarrassing than the self-identified knuckle draggers.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I’m thinking some or alot of these soft core republicans present themselves as such but really aren’t. To me they are more frustrating and embarrassing than the self-identified knuckle draggers.

That may well be so, but hope dies hard.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-tax-returns-released-1.6700236

A Democratic-controlled U.S. House of Representatives committee on Friday released six years of former president Donald Trump's tax returns to the public in an extraordinary move, days before Republicans are due to take control of the chamber.

The release of Trump's redacted returns for 2015 through 2020 caps a multi-year battle between the Republican former president and Democratic lawmakers that was settled only last month by the U.S. Supreme Court.

It is the latest blow for Trump, 76, who was impeached twice by the Democratic-led House only to be acquitted both times by the U.S. Senate, and now faces multiple legal woes as he mounts a 2024 re-election bid.

Earlier this month, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol asked federal prosecutors to charge him with four crimes, including obstruction and insurrection.

Trump, who took office in 2017, was the first presidential candidate in decades not to release his taxes. He sued the committee to try to keep them private, but the U.S. high court ruled in the committee's favour.

29 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ginni Thomas says she regrets sending basically overturn a legitimate legal election texts to Meadows because she says it was an emotional time.

No she regrets it because it didn’t work.

And she got caught. She has a history of such agitation for right-wing groups. 

56 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yet nothing of consequence for her getting caught.

'It was an emotional time, I regret these texts'.

They just keep mocking away.

They correctly assume that their core group is so blindly mon-focused that they will believe and act on anything that is fed to them by their idols. On CNN yesterday, people were asked what they thought of Trump scamming tens of millions of dollars by claiming patently illegal deductions on his corporate and personal taxes. The overwhelming responses were "good for him" and "I wish I could do that".

No sense of civic responsibility. This sure sounds like the death-knell for American society.

Trump hints he may split from GOP, dooming their 2024 election chances

Former President Donald Trump has shared an article suggesting that he should run as a third-party candidate if the Republican Party doesn’t choose him as its nominee for the 2024 presidential election.

Trump shared the article, entitled “The Coming Split,” on his Truth Social page. The article asked, “What should we do when a majority of Republicans want Trump, but the Republican Party says we can’t have him?”

“The Republican machine has no intention of letting us choose Trump again,” the article stated. “He is not a uniparty team player. They’d rather lose an election to the Democrats, their brothers in crime, than win with Trump.”

https://www.alternet.org/trump-2024-2659052456/

6 hours ago, Tracker said:

They correctly assume that their core group is so blindly mon-focused that they will believe and act on anything that is fed to them by their idols. On CNN yesterday, people were asked what they thought of Trump scamming tens of millions of dollars by claiming patently illegal deductions on his corporate and personal taxes. The overwhelming responses were "good for him" and "I wish I could do that".

No sense of civic responsibility. This sure sounds like the death-knell for American society.

Trump hints he may split from GOP, dooming their 2024 election chances

Former President Donald Trump has shared an article suggesting that he should run as a third-party candidate if the Republican Party doesn’t choose him as its nominee for the 2024 presidential election.

Trump shared the article, entitled “The Coming Split,” on his Truth Social page. The article asked, “What should we do when a majority of Republicans want Trump, but the Republican Party says we can’t have him?”

“The Republican machine has no intention of letting us choose Trump again,” the article stated. “He is not a uniparty team player. They’d rather lose an election to the Democrats, their brothers in crime, than win with Trump.”

https://www.alternet.org/trump-2024-2659052456/

And yet people who demonstrate limited  to no civic responsibility with their hardened beliefs that it’s okay and encouraged in getting away with whatever they can regardless of who it impacts are, according to some here, just offering another side, another perspective. Thanks, way to normalize knuckle dragging jerkhood.

Oh and Happy New Year my favourite online community. 2023 is there for the taking. :)

Trump’s New Year’s Message Shows That It Is Killing Him That America Has Moved On

Trump posted his New Year’s message from his little isolated social media corner and showed a jilted ex-president who can’t move on.

Trump posted on Truth Social, “HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of the Radical Left Democrats, Marxist Lunatics, China loving Coco Chow and her Obedient Husband, Mitch, and Clueless RINOS, who are working so hard to DESTROY our once great Country. More importantly, HAPPY NEW YEAR to the Incredible, Brave, and Strong American Patriots who Built, Love, and Cherish America. The REAL leaders of our Country will always remain FAITHFUL and LOYAL to you. The USA will be back, Bigger & Better & Stronger than ever before. GOD BLESS YOU ALL"

(Trump could not resist mixing some good old-fashioned racism in attacking Mitch McConnell's wife Elaine Chao again. He knows his base)

Trump is finished both politically and in business, he is neutered and can only grift from rubes now, eventually they will start taking properties from him starting with his golf courses, Trump signage will come off hotels, and finally someone will but Mar A Lago for pennies on the dollar and bulldoze it. Anyways that's my New Years Wish.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Trump is finished both politically and in business, he is neutered and can only grift from rubes now, eventually they will start taking properties from him starting with his golf courses, Trump signage will come off hotels, and finally someone will but Mar A Lago for pennies on the dollar and bulldoze it. Anyways that's my New Years Wish.

If it all goes away that quietly I'd be surprised.  Trump's election was a symptom of a diseased society. The disease isn't being treated. It will resurface. It's like a nasty STD. If you don't treat the root causes it will always come back. Next time they might get a smarter " Trump  like leader ".

20 minutes ago, the watcher said:

If it all goes away that quietly I'd be surprised.  Trump's election was a symptom of a diseased society. The disease isn't being treated. It will resurface. It's like a nasty STD. If you don't treat the root causes it will always come back. Next time they might get a smarter " Trump  like leader ".

Agreed. The general public reactions to Trump's cheating on his taxes and not being audited was admiration, not anger, and that shows the mindset of much of American society. Its called economic cannibalism where one or more members of a society enrich themselves by feeding on others. That will ultimately doom them as it did in Rome and many other civilizations. It is not sustainable, but for those enjoying the short term gains, it is worth sacrificing the future in order to feast on the present to the point of gluttony.

Edited by Tracker

20 minutes ago, the watcher said:

Wish there was a reluctantly agree emoticon to this.