US Politics

Rich

REVEALED: The Donors to Tucker Carlson’s News Org—and Their Ethical Conflicts

The non-profit that feeds the conservative Daily Caller website co-founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson has accepted tens of thousands of dollars from entities and individuals who have received favorable coverage, including some who authored opinion pieces, a new filing shows.

The document—the Daily Caller News Foundation’s fiscal year 2021 tax statement—includes for the first time a list of donors to the 501(c)(4) organization, a so-called “dark money” group that is not required by law to disclose donor information. The filing also reveals that Carlson, who in 2020 announced he was leaving the Daily Caller and selling his stake in the website, is still the foundation chairman, and has not cut back on his hours.

When Carlson announced his split with the Daily Caller in 2020, he cited work constraints. “I’m just too absorbed in what I’m doing,” the host told The Wall Street Journal at the time, explaining, “I wasn’t helping in any way, because I’ve got an hour to do every night” on his Fox News program. The tax filing, which covers the following year, shows he continued to hold the chairman position and put in the same hours as in all previous foundation filings—five hours a week.

Many of the foundation’s donors are tied to industries and issues that the Caller covers frequently. Most notable is the Ariel Corporation, which manufactures natural gas compressors and gave $135,000 to support the news organization—which has for years been criticized for its pro-carbon energy reporting and financial ties to the Koch brothers, the right-wing industrialists.

Other donors have an even closer relationship with the site, including some who have published pieces in their own names, without a disclosure of their financial ties. That, according to top journalism ethics expert Kelly McBride raises ethics questions.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donors-to-tucker-carlsons-daily-caller-news-foundation-revealed?ref=home

1 hour ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So.. Kari Lake's husband just got symbolically cucked by donald trump... can you ******* believe it?

Sadly, on second thought- this is not a surprise. AT. ALL.

It's a cult of grifters that need to stay together

Edited by bustamente

15 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So.. Kari Lake's husband just got symbolically cucked by donald trump... can you ******* believe it?

Whether you are left, right, middle, she should be hauled before the courts and threatened with serious jail time if she does not stop her craziness. Methinks Freedom of Speech is being abused.  

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Both sides guyz!

what should they charge Biden with?

You do understand that you can 100% be a giant piece of ****, be a morally corrupt individual and not break any laws right? That country being in the position it is now does not land on the feet of one party. Suggesting it does, is ignorant at best.

20 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Ted Cruz's wife has been there.  Trump called her ugly and also said that Cruz Sr. probably collaborated on the JFK assassination.

And yet on 1/6 Ted Cruz did his best trumpian footsoldiering in the Senate, trying to coup the creep into another term. I don't like seeing the world as alphas and betas but damn that was some accomplished beta work there.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

You do understand that you can 100% be a giant piece of ****, be a morally corrupt individual and not break any laws right? That country being in the position it is now does not land on the feet of one party. Suggesting it does, is ignorant at best.

Yeah only one party is out there trying to over turn elections... Don't give me the both sides ****. It's just creating a false equivalency and trying to downplay the utter crap that the republicans are trying to get away with. 

Are you also suggesting that Trump didn't break any laws? Because anyone else with as many classified documents in their private property as Trump had would have been locked away instantly never mind even getting a trial... and that's just the most blatant thing he's done. 

Does AG Garland have the stones to charge Trump, I'm not so sure, I also think that politically Trump is finished sure he will pretend that he is going to be President again but his the chances of him getting the Republican nomination is slim and none. Only the crazies are cuckoo for Trump the rest of the GOP knows he is damaged goods and a loser. Maybe he is dumb enough to run as an independent which will guarantee the Democrats four more years in the WH.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

So what do you charge Biden with?

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah only one party is out there trying to over turn elections... Don't give me the both sides ****. It's just creating a false equivalency and trying to downplay the utter crap that the republicans are trying to get away with. 

Are you also suggesting that Trump didn't break any laws? Because anyone else with as many classified documents in their private property as Trump had would have been locked away instantly never mind even getting a trial... and that's just the most blatant thing he's done. 

Hoping Trump is held accountable for his illegal behaviours requires one to say everyone’s corrupt?