US Politics

Rich

18 minutes ago, do or die said:

No dice on the 5th ballot, either....unveiled a new strawman - Donalds, with 7 votes

I'm really surprised that there aren't at least 10 GOP who can tell Jeffries and Donalds apart.  Good thing they have to say the name and not point.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Looks like it's going to be strike 4 for McCarthy.

Would not this be a good time to test the hypothesis of all that chatter I hear about how there are indeed a large portion of sane Republican sitting members wanting to best serve all Americans? If there is such a large majority of them, where are they and why aren’t they putting an end to this? Oh I know because sanity and serving people left the building long ago as Trump and others have helped disease them all in varying ways.

20 minutes ago, johnzo said:

My favourite part of the McCarthy humiliation is that the dude moved all his stuff into the Speaker's office before the voting even started.  That is some stone cold hubris.

fy6joecd79581.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Would not this be a good time to test the hypothesis of all that chatter I hear about how there are indeed a large portion of sane Republican sitting members wanting to best serve all Americans? If there is such a large majority of them, where are they and why aren’t they putting an end to this? Oh I know because sanity and serving people left the building long ago as Trump and others have helped disease them all in varying ways.

Easy to identify the GOP members who have dedicated their careers to petulance.

At the end of this circus Republicans will line up on mass and try to tell the America public that they are all on the same page and it's time to get down to business to help all Americas. First up Hunter Bidens laptop, then impeach Biden, then build the Orange Gods wall, oh and lower taxes for the rich and raise them for the peasants. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

At the end of this circus Republicans will line up on mass and try to tell the America public that they are all on the same page and it's time to get down to business to help all Americas. First up Hunter Bidens laptop, then impeach Biden, then build the Orange Gods wall, oh and lower taxes for the rich and raise them for the peasants. 

Don't forget incarcerating Dr. Fauci for sciencing.  

House Republicans remove metal detectors from the Capitol

According to Axios, one of the first actions of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives was to remove metal detectors outside of the House chambers.  The move comes just days before the upcoming second anniversary of the Jan. 6 attacks.
The removal of the metal detectors has been widely seen as a political move to unite the Republican party, as they grapple with internal infighting from voting for Speaker of the House to the nomination process for the 2024 Presidential election.

The designated spokesperson for the Republican party members on the House of Representatives Rules Committee has not responded to media inquires requesting a further explanation.

Colorado Republican Lauren Boebert, a noted pro-gun enthusiast, said the move to remove the metal detectors helped turn the House back "into the peoples House."

https://www.alternet.org/republicans-remove-metal-detectors-capitol/

58 minutes ago, Tracker said:

House Republicans remove metal detectors from the Capitol

According to Axios, one of the first actions of the new Republican-controlled House of Representatives was to remove metal detectors outside of the House chambers.  The move comes just days before the upcoming second anniversary of the Jan. 6 attacks.
The removal of the metal detectors has been widely seen as a political move to unite the Republican party, as they grapple with internal infighting from voting for Speaker of the House to the nomination process for the 2024 Presidential election.

The designated spokesperson for the Republican party members on the House of Representatives Rules Committee has not responded to media inquires requesting a further explanation.

Colorado Republican Lauren Boebert, a noted pro-gun enthusiast, said the move to remove the metal detectors helped turn the House back "into the peoples House."

https://www.alternet.org/republicans-remove-metal-detectors-capitol/

What does that even mean?

I tell what it means. It means nothing. It's just a bunch of words put together with limited thought and understanding. It's nonsensical, absurd moronic drivel that makes no sense but it gets the knuckle dragging mouth breathers going.

Morons getting other morons jacked up, frothing like Neanderthals. But hey it's just another way at looking at things, another viewpoint. 

ffs 

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What does that even mean?

I tell what it means. It means nothing. It's just a bunch of words put together with limited thought and understanding. It's nonsensical, absurd moronic drivel that makes no sense but it gets the knuckle dragging mouth breathers going.

Morons getting other morons jacked up, frothing like Neanderthals. But hey it's just another way at looking at things, another viewpoint. 

ffs 

You think THAT was stupid? The GOP hasn't begun to hit bottom yet, but they are working hard on it....

'House Karen': GOP lawmaker lampooned for blaming Republican infighting on Democrats and their snacks

United States Congresswoman Kat Cammack (R-Florida) reprimanded Democratic lawmakers on Wednesday for enjoying the spectacle of Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-California) failing to secure enough votes to be elected speaker of the House.

McCarthy spent his political career wheeling and dealing for the moment in which former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) would have to relinquish the symbolic wooden hammer wielded by the leader of the lower chamber.
“I want you to watch Nancy Pelosi hand me that gavel," McCarthy wisecracked in July 2021. "It will be hard not to hit her with it."

Yet McCarthy's ambitions have all but evaporated despite six rounds of ballots cast since Tuesday when the 118th Congress commenced. This is because the right-wing House Freedom Caucus is refusing to support him. Conversely, Democrats are united behind their choice for speaker – Congressman and House Democratic Caucus Chair Hakeem Jeffries of Brooklyn, New York – and are relishing the chaos within the fractured GOP conference. Cammack, who backs McCarthy, was clearly quite bothered by this.

"Diversity of thought is a good thing. It's one of the things that sets us apart from our friends on the other side of the aisle. Yes, diversity of thought is a good thing. But they want us divided. They want us to fight each other. That much has been made clear by the popcorn and blankets and alcohol that is coming over there," she said.

https://www.alternet.org/house-karen-republican-infighting-democrats/

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Has The Perfect Response To Claims That Democrats Are Drinking While Kevin McCarthy Crashes And Burns

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) pointed out that if Democrats took a shot every time Kevin McCarthy lost a Republican vote, they’d all be unconscious by now.

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responded to a claim that House Democrats are drinking as McCarthy is losing:

"If Dems took a shot every time McCarthy lost a Republican, we'd all be unconscious by now"