US Politics

Rich

3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Dumb as rocks.  A bit harsh no?  These are our neighbours we're talking about.  Some of whom make a living in our fair city playing their hearts out on our football field for our entertainment.

They are the smart ones.

Reading from several sources, that Sarah Palin may be the next US Ambassador to Canada.    In which case, the current big top sideshow,  will be coming right to our door.....

Her knowledge of parkas, moose stew,  snowmobiling etc.....and Alaska's proximity to Canada..... may prove invaluable to the Trump administration. 

Reports indicate she has rejected the idea of learning French.....but is toying with the idea..... of learning English.

Travel ban, anyone?

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Nevertheless, She persisted.  Boneheaded Republicans handed the Dems their next hero and she's a woman!  Good for her.

It's unfortunate that it took a GOP gaff to elevate her status- frankly she would have been my second choice after Sanders. I have always thought she would have been an awesome prez, just look at her consumer protection stances, she is always fighting for fairness.

I saw this tweet a few days back

and had no clue what it was about... then I hit gold:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-steve-bannon-nsc-national-security-council-order-a7565191.html

Donald Trump 'didn't realise he promoted Steve Bannon to National Security Council when he signed order'

Mr Trump has asserted on social media that 'he is the real boss'

Amid signs that Donald Trump began his presidency with the same chaotic operation that marked his campaign, a report has claimed he was not even aware he was elevating Steve Bannon to a senior security post when he signed one of several executive orders.

Since Mr Trump’s inauguration on January 20, reports have emerged of a White House West Wing marked by confusion and unpreparedness - alongside intense turf battles being fought by his top officials.

One of the results of this has been a number of leaks from the White House, about the various maneuverings of such top officials, and their varying ascendance and descent.

This seems so appropriate now..:

cartoon.png?w=856&h=800&crop=1

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It's unfortunate that it took a GOP gaff to elevate her status- frankly she would have been my second choice after Sanders. I have always thought she would have been an awesome prez, just look at her consumer protection stances, she is always fighting for fairness.

I know there were some small whispers about her as Hilary's running mate but probably felt two women wasnt a good idea.  I would have done it though.  Or Sanders as VP.  Kane was not very inspiring.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I know there were some small whispers about her as Hilary's running mate but probably felt two women wasnt a good idea.  I would have done it though.  Or Sanders as VP.  Kane was not very inspiring.

I disagree with Sanders as VP- he literally was the antithesis of HRC. And yeah- I don't think USAns were ready for two women (sad to say, but probably true). 

Yeah- Kane is a decent politician, but yes... VERY uninspiring. 

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I could see Trump firing Bannon at some point.  Bannon is trying to make it difficult.  Sounds like the COS is trying to make things better.  Good luck.

I think SPicer goes first. 

As for Bannon, I doubt it... he made his one power-play (a monumental one at that), now I think he lies low and strokes Trumps ego. He's a very intelligent and politically astute animal that one- it's almost awe-inspiring, if it weren't so... frightening and bereft of humanity. 

Mind you... it depends on how successful O'donnel's spoof on Bannon is. if it's as good as Melissa McCarthy's, he'll be looking for a job.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

I didn't know much about Warren before but since she's been mentioned a few times I've done some research.  She seems to definitely be cultivating the personality of someone who is fair and wants to take on the establishment.  I would hope that she comes out with some less radical more electable policies than Sanders.  Every time I tried to do the math on Bernie's spending policies I couldn't make the calculations work.  Especially since the US is already $20 trillion in debt.  You can't dramatically increase taxation rates and expect the tax base to stay static.  This is always mistake number one when preparing these models.  The tax base erodes or just moves their capital structures elsewhere.  Actually Canada would have been a huge beneficiary of a Sanders government.  Trillions would have flowed over the border, though I do think Sanders vs. the Republicans controlled houses would have just ended in one big stalemate.  

21 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I realize that you guys are having a hard time with Bannon, but most of the US people I talk to don't know who is and care even less.

Tell them to pick up the new issue of Time magazine... hell, they don't even have to buy it- just check it out while standing in line at the supermarket:

steve-bannon-cover-time.jpg?w=560

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I didn't know much about Warren before but since she's been mentioned a few times I've done some research.  She seems to definitely be cultivating the personality of someone who is fair and wants to take on the establishment.  I would hope that she comes out with some less radical more electable policies than Sanders.  Every time I tried to do the math on Bernie's spending policies I couldn't make the calculations work.  Especially since the US is already $20 trillion in debt.  You can't dramatically increase taxation rates and expect the tax base to stay static.

Forgive me if I've already posted this, but Sanders' campaign was like a kid in junior high running for class president who promises longer recesses if he's elected. Everybody cheers b/c who doesn't love recess, but there's really no chance it would ever happen.

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Forgive me if I've already posted this, but Sanders' campaign was like a kid in junior high running for class president who promises longer recesses if he's elected. Everybody cheers b/c who doesn't love recess, but there's really no chance it would ever happen.

Or running for PM and promising no more FPtP?

19 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

yeah, that sanders. campaigning on impossible to achieve things like installing Universal Healthcare