US Politics

Rich

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, I don't see how this falls under US politics- for all his failings as a politician and a human, this is not really... much of anything. If anything it serves to undermine the seriousness of his transgressions and failings as POTUS by making this a "News item".

Uhg... so that's what it feels like defending an Angry, cheeto-hued, thin-skinned, small-handed, Man-baby... time for a silkwood shower... 

Arent the medical conditions of Presidents open for public debate?  I mean, sure, many Presidents hid their issues (Kennedy was a wreck, Regan was suspected of dementia etc).  Its interesting because Trump is so braggadocios about himself.  ive heard him claim his hair is all real.  I guess it is but he's obviously losing it and taking drugs to combat that.  I dont begrudge him that.  But its still interesting for a man who openly brags about his physical condition...because you know he'd deny it if challenged.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Arent the medical conditions of Presidents open for public debate?  I mean, sure, many Presidents hid their issues (Kennedy was a wreck, Regan was suspected of dementia etc).  Its interesting because Trump is so braggadocios about himself.  ive heard him claim his hair is all real.  I guess it is but he's obviously losing it and taking drugs to combat that.  I dont begrudge him that.  But its still interesting for a man who openly brags about his physical condition...because you know he'd deny it if challenged.

That's a stretch... but I will concede your point. 

I just think it is dangerous to focus on his enlarged Prostate and hair when you have things like:

-Muslim Ban

-Threats to China over south china sea

-Contentious relationships with world powers

-Handling of Yemen Raid

-Alternative facts

-Muzzling of Scientists and government agencies

-Changing the Countering Violent Extremism (CSV) program to focus solely on Extremist Islam whilst cutting White Supremacy from that program.

- The clear and obvious attempt to undermine, de-legitimize and dismantle the 4th estate.

- Staffing Agencies with people that ideologically opposed to the very thing they are there to Protect and are there to explicitly dismantle and destroy the very thing the agency is meant to protect! 

And I could go on...

We should differentiate Trump news...

1) Celebutard type news

2) News that affects the world with potentially catastrophic consequences... 

'Cuz if we don't, I think we will run the risk of normalizing the gigantic blunders and aggrandizing the innocuous slights of the Trump

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dementia?  Relevant.  Hemorrhoids?  Irrelevant.  Cancer?  Relevant.  Hair loss?  Irrelevant.

People can report on whatever the hell they want, I just don't see the point in this particular case.

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Wasn't referring to it being posted here, referring to the report being made in the first place.

Ohhh ok.  Its tough because Trump is also a celebrity and that sort of news will be out there.  Think about this, if some starlet came forward to discuss the size of Trump's schlong, would that be fair game since he, during the election, discussed it? lol

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ohhh ok.  Its tough because Trump is also a celebrity and that sort of news will be out there.  Think about this, if some starlet came forward to discuss the size of Trump's schlong, would that be fair game since he, during the election, discussed it? lol

Yeah I guess everything is fair game really.  I may not understand it but some will find it interesting.  TMZ wouldn't exist if I was the target audience for everything :P

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah I guess everything is fair game really.  I may not understand it but some will find it interesting.  TMZ wouldn't exist if I was the target audience for everything :P

I was watching the OJ Made In America documentary the other night and the audio recording of the Las Vegas robbery was sold to TMZ for $150,000.  And when OJ was forced to sell his Brentwood home, he had his agent pretend to be a fan/paparazzi sneaking in with a cellphone to get video they could sell.  OJ "acted" mad towards the "fan" and threw him off the property.  Sneaky sneaky.

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was watching the OJ Made In America documentary the other night and the audio recording of the Las Vegas robbery was sold to TMZ for $150,000.  And when OJ was forced to sell his Brentwood home, he had his agent pretend to be a fan/paparazzi sneaking in with a cellphone to get video they could sell.  OJ "acted" mad towards the "fan" and threw him off the property.  Sneaky sneaky.

OJ is a scumbag but that's awesome.

Aaaaand Pow!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-immigration-executive-order-visas-muslim-countries-1.3966482

Judge temporarily blocks Trump immigration order nationwide

Washington state lawsuit says key sections of Trump's order are illegal and unconstitutional

The Associated Press Posted: Feb 03, 2017 4:25 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 03, 2017 8:00 PM ET

Muslims and Yemenis gather with their supporters Thursday in New York during a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban on citizens from seven predominantly Muslim countries. A U.S. judge has temporarily blocked the ban.

7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Aaaaand Pow!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-immigration-executive-order-visas-muslim-countries-1.3966482

Judge temporarily blocks Trump immigration order nationwide

Washington state lawsuit says key sections of Trump's order are illegal and unconstitutional

The Associated Press Posted: Feb 03, 2017 4:25 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 03, 2017 8:00 PM ET

Muslims and Yemenis gather with their supporters Thursday in New York during a protest against U.S. President Donald Trump's temporary travel ban on citizens from seven predominantly Muslim countries. A U.S. judge has temporarily blocked the ban.

The other component to this is I can well imagine the chaos and the toxicity this is causing amongst the people who are responsible for border crossing processes/guidelines/enforcements etc and the mixtures of attitudes/behaviours in how the will carry out their duties. Wow.

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

And another crazy GOP member is added to the list:

"Marquette County GOP secretary Dan Adamini" "is facing calls for his resignation after he said that “another Kent State” might be necessary for liberal protesters."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/michigan-republican-suggests-kent-state-protesters-article-1.2963902

“Violent protesters who shut down free speech? Time for another Kent State perhaps. One bullet stops a lot of thuggery,”

-Dan Adamini

Adamini had removed most of his posts by Friday, and said that his intent “was to try to stop the violence, not encourage more.”

Yeah, I don't think so.  #alternativefacts

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy