US Politics

Rich

There is a provision in the American constitution to remove a president who has become unfit to hold the office. It was intended to be invoked should a president become comatose or demented, but apparently Republican officials are discussing the option to apply it to Trump.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

and yet, can anyone say Hillary's approval rating would have been much higher?  America is very fractured right now.

Hillary is irrelevant tho. Very Alt right to bring her up tho when she has nothing to do with any of it 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hillary is irrelevant tho. Very Alt right to bring her up tho when she has nothing to do with any of it 

Come on man.  Alt right.  I still don't know what that means.  All I know is that both candidates were extremely unpopular with half the US.  You can deny it all you want, but it's true.  The US is in a bad way.  Calling people names like "alt right" doesn't really deal with the source or cause of the issues.

20 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

and yet, can anyone say Hillary's approval rating would have been much higher?  America is very fractured right now.

1. We will never really know so why even bring it up?   What does that even have to do with the fact that this is what Trumps rating is?
  2. I don't think it would have happened this quickly for Hillary.  The honeymoon would have been longer. Trump is moving fast in a world it seems he and his advisors don't fully understand.  This is what has caused it to plummet.  Every day it is something new.  They are making rash decisions without vetting it or talking to the people who really understand the impacts of those decisions.
  3. America IS very fractured, and Trump does not seem to be doing anything to heal those fractures.  It seems to me he is taking a nail and hammering it deep into those fractures.

1 minute ago, Rich said:
  1. America IS very fractured, and Trump does not seem to be doing anything to heal those fractures.  It seems to me he is taking a nail and hammering it deep into those fractures.

This is all I was saying.  And I don't believe for a second that Hillary wouldn't have hammered those fractures just as hard, just from another direction.  Deny it all you want, but this is what people in the US have been telling me.  If you don't want to listen, that's fine, but I am still going to say it.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

This is all I was saying.  And I don't believe for a second that Hillary wouldn't have hammered those fractures just as hard, just from another direction.  Deny it all you want, but this is what people in the US have been telling me.  If you don't want to listen, that's fine, but I am still going to say it.

Why is having a discussion me not wanting to listen?

Fires AG. Has spicer say anyone who doesn't like it should leave.  Apparently even Mad Dog was incensed. 

Someone mentioned the 25th amendment. And it's the best way to remove Trump. Because an impeachment takes too long and requires 2/3 of senate. But the 25th only requires the VP and majority of cabinet. 

So if it ever gets to the point that the writing is on the wall, enough cabinet might back Pence. Especially with insane Bannon pulling the strings. It's one thing to dislike the duly elected President but Bannon?  

Now imagine a scenario where the vP invokes the 25th and Trump refuses to go.... 

VP would need certain cabinet on board like the Sec of defence to ensure military support. It's crazy to even think about. 

But this is what happens when a nut like Bannon thinks he can do whatever he wants. And he has a mentally ill narssacist like Trump at his disposal. At some point the family will have to step in and save Trump from himself like they did during the election 

1 minute ago, Jacquie said:

No. Amazingly enough this is actually consistent with what he said during the campaign.

I agree.  However sources have indicated he had a draft EO prepared to repeal Obama's policies.  Remember Bannon is definitely anti-LGBTQ.  So the pressure aspect is that Trump allegedly scrapped the EO because of the push back on the Muslim Ban.

My best friend is gay and during the election he made a remark about Trump hating gays and I did correct him by saying Trump's position seemed to be that it didnt bother him at all.  But if you care about an issue, you dont surround yourself with people who are bigots, like Trump has done.  This issue will come back when the heat is off...likely re-dressed as a First Amendment issue.

10 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

But what's the point in saying it? It sounds a bit like what I've posted before when people use the 'but that person is/would be just as worse' argument. It serves no purpose. We are dealing with the here and now.  It works all ways. If HRC was elected, I wouldn't accept the 'yea but at least she's not Donald Trump' argument either.

22 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

But what's the point in saying it? It sounds a bit like what I've posted before when people use the 'but that person is/would be just as worse' argument. It serves no purpose. We are dealing with the here and now.  It works all ways. If HRC was elected, I wouldn't accept the 'yea but at least she's not Donald Trump' argument either.

People in the states are telling me the moon landing never happened and there's an alien base under the Lincoln Memorial.  I agree with you.  This "yeah but Hilary would have been worse" is such deflective nonsense.  Its the sad cries of sheepish passive Trump supporters.  And "people in the US are telling me..." come on.  Is that a poll?

Its much more likely that a President Hilary would not be nearly as derisive as Trump has been.  She might not have been at 80% approval, but she wouldnt be at 36% in Week ONE either.  She did get nearly 3 million more votes than Trump.