Sounds like Chungh might not be a free agent

Mike

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Westerman did not have a good year compared to last, the entire d-line was very average. According to Doug Brown, we did not run many stunts or twists for some reason, getting pressure with the front 4 didn't seem like a Hall priority.

That's not entirely true... he didn't get the sack stats like he did last year... but he was equally as disruptive in the backfield and had many QB hits (probably too many penalties though)...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

That's not entirely true... he didn't get the sack stats like he did last year... but he was equally as disruptive in the backfield and had many QB hits (probably too many penalties though)...

I've been wanting to make this exact point for awhile now. People keep talking about how so-and-so "wasn't as good as last year" but what they really mean is "he didn't have the same stats as last year". We don't know if they didn't play as well, or if they just didn't get the stats because their schemes changed or their role within the defense changed.....could be any number of things.

16 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I've been wanting to make this exact point for awhile now. People keep talking about how so-and-so "wasn't as good as last year" but what they really mean is "he didn't have the same stats as last year". We don't know if they didn't play as well, or if they just didn't get the stats because their schemes changed or their role within the defense changed.....could be any number of things.

Do you think this was true of Ian Wild?

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

2015 CFL & Division All-Star; Named the Bombers Most Outstanding Player, Most Outstanding Defensive Player and Most Outstanding Canadian in 2015. Ranked second in the league in sacks with a club-leading 17 in 18 starts. Had at least one sack in 13 of 18 games and four with two each. Ranked first among all CFL defensive linemen with 61 tackles and led the team with eight tackles for loss.

There is no argument to be made for what you say.

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Trestman isn't in the NFL. He was fired. He never would have become the Bears head coach had he not have had the success in Montreal that he had. Okay, stupid was the wrong word. I guess puzzling may have been the better term as the Argos would have opened the vaults to sign him.

I believe he was fired with term remaining though. Unless he accepted a buy out already he cannot take a CFL job until after the Super Bowl.

40 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

I believe he was fired with term remaining though. Unless he accepted a buy out already he cannot take a CFL job until after the Super Bowl.

I really like Marc Trestman. It may have sounded like I didn't but I really do. The CFL needs more guys like him & less of Jason Maas & Chris jones & their shenanigans. I was hoping he'd be back in some capacity with a CFL team like the Argos or the Als. The man is just a class act all around.

Edited by SpeedFlex27
Spelling

15 hours ago, pigseye said:

2015 CFL & Division All-Star; Named the Bombers Most Outstanding Player, Most Outstanding Defensive Player and Most Outstanding Canadian in 2015. Ranked second in the league in sacks with a club-leading 17 in 18 starts. Had at least one sack in 13 of 18 games and four with two each. Ranked first among all CFL defensive linemen with 61 tackles and led the team with eight tackles for loss.

There is no argument to be made for what you say.

None of this disproves my argument... I agreed his stats were not as good and admitted he took too many penalties... you're not going to get all-star nods based on QB hurries and O-line holding penalties (which he should have got WAY more called in his favour, some games he was held every play)... my point was simply that his play has not dropped as much as his stats suggest...

Also, if Westerman put up the same stats this year, everything else being equal... do you still think he gets nominated for 3 team awards?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Well then - I stand corrected. But that is not good for us.

he also says he is very very confident they will both be resigned before FA starts. they renegotiated contracts to save money. Sounds like we are gonna be tight next year. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

he said due to un expected expenses from injuries and players brought in along with running closer to the cap then any previous year they had to re work those 2 deals to save some cap space. 

That's interesting. I'm glad both sides agreed to it.

I would like to be a fly on the wall of those talks. Well, any talks, actually.

Just now, JCon said:

That's interesting. I'm glad both sides agreed to it.

I would like to be a fly on the wall of those talks. Well, any talks, actually.

Yeah he said both bryant and medlock happily obliged. It certainly would be interesting. The cfl contracts are pretty mysterious. We see through out the year and pre season that chung is a pending FA turns out he isnt. These guys re work their deals and they end this year and no one hears a peep about it. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

because this is what Kyle Walters did in free agency:

70Vg_f-maxage-0.gif

and when guys started to get hurt they needed to bring in replacements and it probably got them too close to the cap. 

:lol: 2 years in a row no less. Can you imagine how F%^#&ED we would be if the 6 game wasnt revocable/salary cap immune?

Doesnt seem to expect any thing nearly as flashy this year. but anticipates being able to bring back our guys and maybe look at a key fa or 2.  Which at this point with our core is more then fair.