GDT: Winnipeg @ Ottawa

Rich

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is that on MOS or lapo?

Lapo. Harris was ripping off 6 yards a carry and had a good 1st quarter. Then it seemed Lapo stopped letting him rush the ball. I just don't understand this and have found myself wondering this several times this season. That 1st half was poor offensively. Coincidence? To me, Harris sets up everything on this offence. Why stop using him?

Edited by J5V

3 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

I would have to think that if Harris had some sort of bonus to kick in at 1k, they would likely give it to him, considering the circumstances. 

I agree, if he has a bonus coming he earned it even if he missed the 1k mark the guy did everything the Bombers asked of him this year.

27 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Is that on MOS or lapo?

Both but mainly on lapo. We criminally under used harris all year. He was running well all game and we just stopped handing him the ball for almost a half of football. Cant blame mos too much for not wanting harris to get banged up more. He was allready a lil bit banged up and was hurt earlier this year.

I'm not convinced O'Shea is the right guy to lead this team for the next 3 or 4 years after the questionable judgement I saw tonight about playing Nichols the way he did. We all know that a new contract for Mike is just a formality. That Wade Miller will give him a new long term deal & quite frankly who knows what the Bombers will do next season under O'Shea. I don't have that warm & fuzzy feeling that he can have continued long term success.

His judgement as a head coach at times just leaves a lot to be desired. Last night game just showed his stubbornness & that lack of good judgement as he almost sacrificed Nichols for the win. I'm sure Kevin Glenn could have gone in & did a fine job carrying the lead midway thru the third quarter to a win. Yet until Nichols got hut that didn't seem to be the plan.  I just wonder why that would be? I get the will to win but when Ottawa is going for Nichols knees then he has to come out. We were lucky we didn't lose Nichols in that game.

One last thing: We sure need Bond & Chungh back in there next game that's for sure.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

17 minutes ago, sportmentary2012 said:

Nice to see the Blue get the win when it didn't really matter and against The RB's 3rd string team.

I'm at a loss as to why they basically benched Harris unless he was banged up? I'm also confused as to why he was in for the final play of the game?? 

think he was banged up but wanted to keep playing. Using your star rb to run out the clock in meaningless minutes to pad his stats can be dangerous. Ever see the Wilis mcgahee injury? 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm not convinced O'Shea is the right guy to lead this team for the next 3 or 4 years after the questionable judgement I saw tonight about playing Nichols the way he did. We all know that a new contract is just a formalityl. That Wade Miller will give him a new long term deal & quite frankly who knows what the Bombers will do next season under O'Shea. I don't have that warm & fuzzy feeling that he can have continued long term success.

His judgement as a head coach at times just leaves a lot to be desired. Last night games just showed his stubbornness as he almost sacrificed Nichols to win. I'm sure Kevin Glenn could have gone in & did a fine job carrying the lead midway thru the third quarter to a win. Yet until Nichols got hut that didn't seem to be the plan.  I just wonder why that would be the game plan? I get the will to win but when the other team is going for Nichols knees he has to come out. He showed really bad judgement. We were lucky we didn't lose Nichols in that game.

One last thing: We sure need Bond & Chungh back in there next game that's for sure.

Hes gonna get the extension. Unless some crazy fringe situation like TO fires milano and offers him the job. 

Despite the win streak ive been concerned with his decision making for a while. He continually makes poor roster choices. Seldom putting the best roster on the field. Falls in love with "His" guys despite poor play. weve seen multiple co-ordinators and the same passive systems. We see DI's miss managed, we see poor starts, poor focus, and poor effort on a regular basis. We didnt have 1 game where we played start to finish. Idk if we even played 3/4 of a game. Tons of penalties, and the same ones over and over. We see players dramatically under perform from previous situations. He makes excuses and passes pure BS like they are pro's of course they play hard the whole time.

But hes a part of our turn around. we fell back arsewards into 11-7. This team could have easily been a 13+ win team. Weve stuck with him through all the thin now we are going into the play offs, and next year will be going into the season with the expectation of repeating and improving. Thats gonna show how good of a coach he is. Hes earned the chance to improve. This is the best case scenario when you scoop a CORD with limited coaching experience. Especially never having been a HC at any level. Next years TC will really give a great view of how he is. hes going to have tons of talent. All these young guys being a year older. Additions we make, especially with our draft position. I hope he takes the next step and develops into an elite coach. Id be liying if i said i wasnt worried about it though. Plus im not sure any elite coach will be available. Short of that it wouldnt be worth making a move.

Thats for sure. The OL wasnt horrible, but it sure wasnt as good as it was with chungh and bond.  

Bunch of bullshirt to be calling down the play of a QB who was 10-3 as a starter.

More of the same to question how we got to be a 11-7 team...playing in the West division, especially when you consider the Eastern 1st place team HAD A LOSING RECORD - the 1st time in CFL history.

Just what does a Coach have to do to prove his worth?

Edited by Mr Dee

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

think he was banged up but wanted to keep playing. Using your star rb to run out the clock in meaningless minutes to pad his stats can be dangerous. Ever see the Wilis mcgahee injury? 

Hes gonna get the extension. Unless some crazy fringe situation like TO fires milano and offers him the job. 

Despite the win streak ive been concerned with his decision making for a while. He continually makes poor roster choices. Seldom putting the best roster on the field. Falls in love with "His" guys despite poor play. weve seen multiple co-ordinators and the same passive systems. We see DI's miss managed, we see poor starts, poor focus, and poor effort on a regular basis. We didnt have 1 game where we played start to finish. Idk if we even played 3/4 of a game. Tons of penalties, and the same ones over and over. We see players dramatically under perform from previous situations. He makes excuses and passes pure BS like they are pro's of course they play hard the whole time.

But hes a part of our turn around. we fell back arsewards into 11-7. This team could have easily been a 13+ win team. Weve stuck with him through all the thin now we are going into the play offs, and next year will be going into the season with the expectation of repeating and improving. Thats gonna show how good of a coach he is. Hes earned the chance to improve. This is the best case scenario when you scoop a CORD with limited coaching experience. Especially never having been a HC at any level. Next years TC will really give a great view of how he is. hes going to have tons of talent. All these young guys being a year older. Additions we make, especially with our draft position. I hope he takes the next step and develops into an elite coach. Id be liying if i said i wasnt worried about it though. Plus im not sure any elite coach will be available. Short of that it wouldnt be worth making a move.

Thats for sure. The OL wasnt horrible, but it sure wasnt as good as it was with chungh and bond.  

I said this on chat when the game was playing. This could easily be a 5-13 team next year. Did we win with luck & smoke & mirrors this season? Our defense scares me. We lead the league in takeaways yet we are the worst against the pass & the run. Yet despite that we kept winning.  All the luck we had with takeaways could turn sour. If our overall defensive play on pass coverage & defending the run doesn't improve next season to at least middle of the pack stats wise it could get bad. So, I'm happy with this 11 win season but really unsure about next year as well as our head coach.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I said this on chat when the game was playing. This could easily be a 5-13 team next year. Did we win with luck & smoke & mirrors this season? Our defense scares me. We lead the league in takeaways yet we are the worst against the pass & the run. Yet despite that we kept winning.  All the luck we had with takeaways could turn sour. If our overall defensive play on pass coverage & defending the run doesn't improve next season to at least middle of the pack stats wise it could get bad. So, I'm happy with this 11 win season but really unsure about next year as well as our head coach.

If the turn overs dried up, and we dont improve red zone offense yes we could.

This D has out performed the traditional bend but dont break. Some teams have maintained that style. Namely TO. Im not a fan of it. But it can do the job. I do expect our turn overs to drop off next year. But we have some STUD imp wr talent, and a beast of an OL. Next year we will need the O to be a driving force in our wins. Cant play to not lose the game. 

Its not pure luck, all the turn overs. We have tons of play makers. Guys who are adept at baiting and gambling. Thats not going to disappear, but it very likely wont continue at the same pace. 

Yeah, untill this franchise is a consistent winner its gonna have that question looming. No matter what happens now expectations will be very high next year. Im not sure mos will get it done. And think plop is ripe for a return to TSN. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

At one point after Harris long catch and run he hobbled off the field. The dude is not 100%...

he was to some extent nicked up. Its tough to tell how hurt he is at any point. He kept playing earlier this year when he could hardly walk, and they had to pull him off the field. No question he needed to be off the field. If any thing he could have come off earlier. I look at some of the poor usage of him earlier in the game and especially in the season and see his missing yards. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Bunch of bullshirt to be calling down the play of a QB who was 10-3 as a starter.

More of the same to question how we got to be a 11-7 team...playing in the West division, especially when you consider the Eastern 1st place team HAD A LOSING RECORD - the 1st time in CFL history.

Just what does a Coach have to do to prove his worth?

I think he hasn't learned to manage his players yet. The Nichols situation in Friday's game. Not pulling him when he probably should have. That really concerns me. Glenn could have come in yet he didn't until Nichols leg was almost broken. Ottawa's offense was going nowhere. They really weren't a threat to come back 10 points down playing a bunch of rookies. 

MOS yet again proved his inability to think not only for his players but also the team long term. I say that for a few reasons; 1. he kept Nichols in far too long. If he is to the person who will take us to the Grey Cup he should have been out of there end of the 3rd quarter. Glen is a very capable back up.

2. He takes out Dressler and Harris within what was it 6 yards and 26 yards of 1000yd seasons and then re inserts Dressler after he has gone through concussion protocol to get his 6 yard catch; yet keep Harris out, a Winnipeg boy to boot, even though he is running well. Some here say he may have been nicked OK let's say he was then please explain to me why he put him in on the last play of the game! That is simply throwing dirt in Harris' face no wonder he looked p...... on the sidelines.

We had three players looking for milestones in this game; Medlock, an non Canadian, Dressler a non Canadian and Harris not only a Canadian but a Winnipeg boy and who gets it..... not the Canadian Winnipeg boy.

Now some will say that its on Lapo and they may very well be correct but unfortunately the buck stops with the head coach and if he is worth anything he would have known about these milestones and when to opportunities arose I believe he should have suggested to Lapo that they try to get it for Harris. What was it 10 all game????? Give me a break!

Oh well we will see what happens now and what other great coaching moves this guys makes. I must admit even at 11-8 I'm still not a fan.

I would of been pissed if O'Shea had harris running at the end of the game when we had pretty much sealed the deal.  

It takes only one play to f the play offs for us ... ask Kevin about that.  

The Dressler 6 yard pass is super easy to run and incredibly low % chance of injury.   

My bigger concerns would be the mental errors and Nicholls forcing the ball earlier on...