In Case You Missed It -

Mr Dee

31 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I hope we look at starting an All-American receiving corps if possible, because our Canadian receivers are... not good.

There's only one football, if we had an all american cast someone would be left over and we'd be sitting here complaining that he's no good we should just use a canadian if we're never going to throw to them anyway. I got no problems with Kohlert and JFG, they can do the job that's asked of them. 

56 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There's only one football, if we had an all american cast someone would be left over and we'd be sitting here complaining that he's no good we should just use a canadian if we're never going to throw to them anyway. I got no problems with Kohlert and JFG, they can do the job that's asked of them. 

I had no problem with them until Kohlert started dropping the ball every time they throw to him.  His best quality was his hands and it seems like he's lost that, so what exactly is he in the lineup for?  Certainly not speed or blocking.  And JFG simply isn't good enough to be an every-week starter, we all know that.

Our Canadian receivers are not good.  The fact that we don't use them much does not excuse that... it highlights it.  We need to improve there.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What?  We're going back 2 years now to make a point?  Stoddard was good too.

??? Did you not see his play last game? Or his catch agaisnt the riders? He's made several clutch plays THIS year.

I'm not trying to say he's a game breaking. But you don't have to go back 2 years to see that he can get the job done when needed.

Edited by Bigblue204

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

??? Did you not see his play last game? Or his catch agaisnt the riders? He's made several clutch plays THIS year.

The catch against the Riders was nice, for sure.  Can he do it again?  There's a reason he's been stapled to the bench most of his career.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

The catch against the Riders was nice, for sure.  Can he do it again?  There's a reason he's been stapled to the bench most of his career.

I think it's mostly due to the position he plays. Hard to beat out Americans as a slot receiver. And can he do it again? You mean Again...again? Cause those types of catches is all he's done while being in WPG. Remember the game winner against MTL where he took a huge hit? OR the game winner against the riders where he ran across the field, broke a few (shitty) tackles for the TD. Last week against CGY...when it comes to clutch Rec on our team, I'd rank only Dressler and Denmark ahead of him at this point. Maybe Smith too.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think it's mostly due to the position he plays. Hard to beat out Americans as a slot receiver. And can he do it again? You mean Again...again? Cause those types of catches is all he's done while being in WPG. Remember the game winner against MTL where he took a huge hit? OR the game winner against the riders where he ran across the field, broke a few (shitty) tackles for the TD. Last week against CGY...when it comes to clutch Rec on our team, I'd rank only Dressler and Denmark ahead of him at this point. Maybe Smith too.

I do remember all that!  I also remember the other 80% of the time when he totally disappears.  I don't mean to disrespect JFG, I like the guy.... but if he's our best... I'll take Gore, Coehoorn, Durant, Bagg, Sinopoli, or Fantuz over him which represents the majority of the league having at least one better Canadian receiver than we do.  That's not a good thing guys.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Yeesh. I'm just alluding to the fact he made two clutch catches. Yes we lost that game but he wasn't on the field with 27 seconds to go that lost us the game.. 

I never said he doesn't make clutch catches, I was responding to a post that referenced game-winners and the only ones I could recall by JFG were 2 years ago.

30 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I do remember all that!  I also remember the other 80% of the time when he totally disappears.  I don't mean to disrespect JFG, I like the guy.... but if he's our best... I'll take Gore, Coehoorn, Durant, Bagg, Sinopoli, or Fantuz over him which represents the majority of the league having at least one better Canadian receiver than we do.  That's not a good thing guys.

I'm not saying it's good enough. I'm just saying he's made plays as long as he's been here and been put in the position to do so. You don't need to look back 2 years to see that. You don't even need to look back 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I hope we look at starting an All-American receiving corps if possible, because our Canadian receivers are... not good.

would be nice, but not really viable. Not while starting 2 imps on the OL. We just have to do a better job finding NI wrs and fitting them into our system. 

Jfg has shown hes better then his last year and a bit, he just doesnt fit into what we do. same with kohlert.

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

would be nice, but not really viable. Not while starting 2 imps on the OL. We just have to do a better job finding NI wrs and fitting them into our system. 

Jfg has shown hes better then his last year and a bit, he just doesnt fit into what we do. same with kohlert.

It would be viable if we signed Henoc Muamba

16 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It would be viable if we signed Henoc Muamba

Considering our system isnt set up to funnel to a guy like him, taking him out of the line up for wild or bass and paying him a fortune to be here one year at a time is a waste. That money could be much better spent other places. Even then we dont have the ni depth at lber for that. And thats one spot. Even at that point we'd need an extra DI free'd up to have the back up. we have zero qbs under contract for next year, suhk chung is a fa and we have a bunch of money tied up in other vets. 

We be taking wild/bass out and paying a ton of money for a year to year guy whose hardly played since he was here to what? move kohlert for mcduffie starting or sheppard? 

Edited by wbbfan

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

JFG is what he is a depth guy who you don't mind having him start a couple games a year but don't want to have to start for 18 games. Valuable guy to have a around.

I'd argue that JFG is a better player than Kohlert right now. Kohlert has regressed significantly from his break out 2014 season.

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Considering our system isnt set up to funnel to a guy like him, taking him out of the line up for wild or bass and paying him a fortune to be here one year at a time is a waste. That money could be much better spent other places. Even then we dont have the ni depth at lber for that. And thats one spot. Even at that point we'd need an extra DI free'd up to have the back up. we have zero qbs under contract for next year, suhk chung is a fa and we have a bunch of money tied up in other vets. 

We be taking wild/bass out and paying a ton of money for a year to year guy whose hardly played since he was here to what? move kohlert for mcduffie starting or sheppard? 

I'm just saying, there are options.  If we can't draft or sign a competent Canadian receiver.  Tough to win games when you have guys that are just spot-fillers.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

I'm just saying, there are options.  If we can't draft or sign a competent Canadian receiver.  Tough to win games when you have guys that are just spot-fillers.

Ralph Brock was a spot filler. Kohlert and JFG are not at that level. Room for improvement? Yes. One way to compensate with our current roster is to get Harris more involved in the pass game. Hopefully he gets back soon.