Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

Just now, Goalie said:

Chevy actually met one on one with Jacob while in Detroit. That's probably when he convinced him to sign. 

Don't be surprised if Myers is traded. 

I think Trouba's chances of getting traded might have gone up now that interested teams know what it's going to cost them.

I don't see Chevy trading away Myers. What kind of message would that send? Ship away a guy who wants to be here to accommodate a guy who wanted out.

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Wait a second. 3m/yr? That can't be right. That's less then Maatta.

Trouba is only 2 years and both are RFA years, that is why it is less.  Maata is over 6 years and includes UFA years in there.

If it was a longer term deal, Trouba would have got more because you would be buying UFA years.  What this basically means, is after this contract, if Trouba keeps on his current trajectory, you won't be getting him in the $5M range, it will be $6 - $8M range, depending on how he does.

14 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Chevy actually met one on one with Jacob while in Detroit. That's probably when he convinced him to sign. 

Don't be surprised if Myers is traded. 

I would be shocked (but I have been before).

This bridge deal is a trade friendly package that helps get a move done.

Trouba's time here is very limited.

Edited by JCon

9 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think Trouba's chances of getting traded might have gone up now that interested teams know what it's going to cost them.

I don't see Chevy trading away Myers. What kind of message would that send? Ship away a guy who wants to be here to accommodate a guy who wanted out.

and at least Myers scores once in awhile right?

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Chycrun and Domi for Trouba and name just about any player on the Jets who is not ESWLa or Li.

I think you forgot Buff in your list.  No way Chevy trades Buff, that would cause a sucking sound in the Winnipeg fan base not heard since the Selanne trade.

No way the punk kid running the Yotes gives up Domi.  But yeah if we threw in one of our spare parts (or even two) we might get a first rounder as well as those two dudes.  It would be great to package up Burmi in there somewhere, along with Stafford if possible into a Trouba deal.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

This deal doesn't mean Trouba is going to stay here, it simply means he's an easier asset to get rid of (and for a better return)

Yep. I'd even go a step further and say this deal increases the chances he's traded by Dec.1

This has felt like the Turris scenario in PHO since the beginning, even moreso now. 

Turris held out until Nov.22, 2011 and was traded on Dec.17

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think you forgot Buff in your list.  No way Chevy trades Buff, that would cause a sucking sound in the Winnipeg fan base not heard since the Selanne trade.

No way the punk kid running the Yotes gives up Domi.  But yeah if we threw in one of our spare parts (or even two) we might get a first rounder as well as those two dudes.  It would be great to package up Burmi in there somewhere, along with Stafford if possible into a Trouba deal.

Well I didnt consider another D in this fantasy trade. To get Domi u better give up a forward with potential.

How many D can be protected for the expansion?