Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The important thing in all of this is what Trouba says to the media. If he says he's here to be traded and nothing has changed then we know what to look forward to.

The important part will be what he says and asks for behind closed doors. 

It is unlikely he tells the media he is here to be traded even if he really is. 

Four years needed for salary arbitration. If I'm Chevy and can't sign him  to a contract long term, providing his is playing well, then I trade him. Guaranteed that he asks for arbitration if he isn't re-signed by the end of this contract.

In the long run, this bridge deal might work out best for the Jets. I welcome him back and I am glad he is a Jet.

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

Does anyone think that Chevy has been holding out for a bridge deal and Trouba finally agreed?

No, way. He wanted a 6 to 8 year deal. The market was set. He had the cap space.

Bridge deal only helps Chevy move Trouba now, which he never wanted to do.

I think it's the compromise.  Bridge isn't good for anyone really. Even a trade. He's cheap now but any team trading for him has to resign him.  

If ahytbing he's a great pick up for a team going all in. Problem is teams going all in aren't giving up what the jets want. 

Bridge deal was the only way to avoid the nuclear option. If there was no dec 1 deadline this wouldn't have happened. This deal gives them time and space and figure out the next step. 

Trouba didn't want to lose a year and Chevy wasn't signing only a year. The money is relatively low. Buys time and gets a good player back cheaply. 

Trouba should be motivated to play his ass off. 

It's a different situation and time tho. 

Will some guys have hard feelings towards him? Sure. Will most welcome him back tho? You bet. It's a business and every player understands this. The Jets are a young tight group... a family if you will... Trouba is now a part of that family again. I'm not worried about the players not welcoming him back because 95 percent of them when interviewed all said they want him back. Perreault and little didn't but wheeler scheif and others did.  Those players know the situation better than anyone of us and anyone in the media or ex players or players on other teams. Trust me when I say... they all know what was actually going on. 

Edited by Goalie

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

All jacob has to do is go out there and bust his ass and maybe stick up for a teammate and there you go. Don't be surprised to see jacob involved in a fight his first game back to show his family he's happy to be back and he's got their backs 

Too bad they don't play Toronto again until February as I'd pay to see Trouba beat the snot out of that cheap-shot artist Kadri.

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Too bad they don't play Toronto again until February as I'd pay to see Trouba beat the snot out of that cheap-shot artist Kadri.

Who apparently, much to the glee of some Toronto scribes, has no regrets with his actions of late.

He was absolutely mugging McDavid all night when they played the Oilers. I don't agree with a lot of what Don Cherry says, but here I do. Someone on the Oilers needed to send a message to Kadri that if he does that type of thing to a player of theirs, he will be in for a very very long night. The Toronto media even went on the suggest Toronto (i.e. Kadri) had provided a blueprint to other teams in how to defend McDavid. Gag.

4 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Who apparently, much to the glee of some Toronto scribes, has no regrets with his actions of late.

He was absolutely mugging McDavid all night when they played the Oilers. I don't agree with a lot of what Don Cherry says, but here I do. Someone on the Oilers needed to send a message to Kadri that if he does that type of thing to a player of theirs, he will be in for a very very long night. The Toronto media even went on the suggest Toronto (i.e. Kadri) had provided a blueprint to other teams in how to defend McDavid. Gag.

Isn't this why Edmonton overpaid for Lucic? Someone to help protect McDavid? If he's not doing it, why is he there?

It was like last week when Sheif got tripped in the pregame. Why didn't Thorburn step up? What's the point of him dressing if other player's are still able to take shots on the stars? May as well replace him with a skilled player.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Isn't this why Edmonton overpaid for Lucic? Someone to help protect McDavid? If he's not doing it, why is he there?

It was like last week when Sheif got tripped in the pregame. Why didn't Thorburn step up? What's the point of him dressing if other player's are still able to take shots on the stars? May as well replace him with a skilled player.

Yup I agree that's why they are there.

However, I could care less who it is, someone needs to get aggressive with sh*ts like Kadri, constantly. If that's his game then he'll pay for that type of game. You can ignore the trash talking, chirping that's easy if you're a disciplined athlete but can't ignore the constant mugging and cheap shots. Fight fire with fire. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

wait Scheif got tripped and no one did anything?  WHAT?

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I not see game but what ever it takes to stop McDavid. Do we want to go back to the 80s where Wayner was never hit?