Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Slow down... Med school is still 4 years and, depending on her area of practice, that's another 4++ years for residency. 9 years before this becomes an issue (assuming she starts med school next year).

Though, just because Trouba makes $5+M per year, that does not mean she does. We don't know what she wants to do or where she can go to school.

I dont disagree.  It was Lawless who said it was a "consideration".  We dont know how much.  It could be his gf said "hey baby, playing in Boston would be great because I want to go to Harvard but UofM is a good school".  Or she could say "well, if you stay in Winnipeg that's fine but Im out of here".  It could be she is perfectly fine going to med school here but can't get in and Trouba is the one saying 'well, that sucks, Ill try to go back to the US'.

Its most likely just all the reasons together make him more desirous of playing in the US.  We cant really know other than the strong rumours that he wont sign anywhere in Canada. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Yeah, I'm not sure where the gf "excuse" came from. Seems convenient. But, we don't know.

I'm not sure that having to live in Columbus is worth the premium that CBJ is paying Risto over Lindholm. Similar taxes, I think. But, for a lot of people, LA/Anaheim would be a better place to live.

It came from Lawless who sort of mentioned it in passing and then when Hustler scoffed, Lawless pushed back and said "well, it IS a consideration to the Trouba camp, I can tell you that". 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Does anyone even remotely believes that crap... I still will go with that his parents need him close by to keep an eye on him... to keep him out of trouble.

Thats speculation.  Based on what we know, seems more likely you're half right.  Parents want him close but because his dad is a hustler and wants to make a fortune off of Trouba as a "brand".

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If she went into med school then she did so right out of high school and shes in her 3rd year. Not too sure many people take a couple of years off before entering med school.

Assuming same age as Trouba.

All speculation.

Yeah, not many people take time off before going to med school but ALL complete and undergrad before going to med school.

She wouldn't be in med school out of high school.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Does anyone think Myers' play of late is because of the Trouba situation or is it just healing from surgeries or both? He was playing like garbage but has picked up his game. I still don't like him on the PP but he is much improved the last 2-3 games.

I think he plays better when he's more offensive minded, I dunno how he could not play the PP. Outside of Buff he's the only other offensive dman.

I'm leaving out Postma cause he's a bigger liability then Chairot.

31 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think he plays better when he's more offensive minded, I dunno how he could not play the PP. Outside of Buff he's the only other offensive dman.

I'm leaving out Postma cause he's a bigger liability then Chairot.

The 2PP gets very limited time so why not give the time Morrissey, the heir apparent?

On Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 0:43 PM, Goalie said:

Couple strong rumors out there that daddy wants him in the USA because of daddy's criminal activity. Daddy has a hard time getting in to Canada is the rumor and can't watch him play.  

Trouba BTW moved out after living with bogo for 1 year. 

Send him to Buffalo... Mwahaha

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/trouba-really-only-has-two-choices-1.596587

Bob McKenzie

Snips:

There's no doubt in my mind the Jets have made it known to Trouba that the welcome mat remains out. They don't call it Friendly Manitoba for nothing, you know. And as my TSN colleague Darren Dreger speculated last week, it could friendly to the tune of a six-year, $5.5 million per year contract offer from the Jets if Trouba wishes to put aside whatever feelings are driving his trade request. That would be more than either Hampus Lindholm or Rasmus Ristolainen got from Anaheim and Buffalo, respectively; more than Toronto gave Morgan Reilly or Columbus gave Seth Jones.

If I'm Trouba, or any player who's been on the sidelines for three weeks, I would be thinking about a lot of things, not the least of which include:

- On a $5.5 million salary, each day missed is approximately a $30,000 hit, or about $600,000 to date.

As I suggested on the TSN Hockey Bobcast on Friday — shameless plug to listen to my podcast on this no-game day in the NHL and you can do so here — it's Trouba time, and the talented young defenceman really only has two choices.

One, he doubles down on what he started. Reinforce to one and all that he's fully committed to not playing in Winnipeg, that his reasons for wanting out are valid and dear to him, and then hope like hell the Jets hit the skids over the next four weeks so the Dec. 1 deadline poses at least as much threat to the club as the player.

Or, two, recognize the deck is mostly stacked against a 22-year-old RFA coming out of entry-level, that potentially losing a full season hockey to back his demands isn't worth whatever principles spurred the trade request in the first place and negotiating a favourably structured contract so that missing the first few weeks of this season results in a minimum loss of wages (as Lindholm did with the Ducks with a $3 million salary in the first year) and get the Jets to pick you up on Friday when they're in Detroit.

It's entirely Trouba's call, but I do believe as October gives way to November, we'll soon find out whether it's ending or it escalating.

Edited by The Unknown Poster