Trouba wants out (Trouba has signed)

FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Did you say the same when Hamonic rescinded his trade request?  

Hamonic was very different.  He didn't dislike New York and want to leave there.  I think you know the difference.

Trouba is being very careful with his words.  He's basically saying "what can I do, I signed a contract".  That's not the same as "I love Winnipeg and love the Jets and just wanted the best deal" because he didnt sign the best deal.  He signed a deal that allows him, in two years, to say "Im not under contract anymore, trade me."

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

wait Scheif got tripped and no one did anything?  WHAT?

Yes, pregame in Dallas. He skated near centre and was playing with the puck. He put the puck over the line (which is no-no) and Roussel tripped him.

Nothing happened to Roussel.

Rich posted it in here:

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hamonic was very different.  He didn't dislike New York and want to leave there.  I think you know the difference.

Trouba is being very careful with his words.  He's basically saying "what can I do, I signed a contract".  That's not the same as "I love Winnipeg and love the Jets and just wanted the best deal" because he didnt sign the best deal.  He signed a deal that allows him, in two years, to say "Im not under contract anymore, trade me."

I keep on hearing players say they support one another regardless because it's a business. Okay but what some (not all) players aren't sharing is I support you if you're likeable. Another example where sometimes separating out what you think of the person with what you think of the issue can be a difficult process.    

Trouba never did say anything awful about Winnipeg. He never said he hates it here.  He's actually said the opposite and happy he's back. 

Perhaps the issue really was about usage and everything else was just made up fan or media speculation cuz winnipeg has small **** syndrome so it has to be he wants out... 

What if it was about usage or about a family issue?  

Why is it different for Hamonic who asked for a trade and for Trouba?  In the end both rescinded their request 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Trouba never did say anything awful about Winnipeg. He never said he hates it here.  He's actually said the opposite and happy he's back. 

Perhaps the issue really was about usage and everything else was just made up fan or media speculation cuz winnipeg has small **** syndrome so it has to be he wants out... 

What if it was about usage or about a family issue?  

Why is it different for Hamonic who asked for a trade and for Trouba?  In the end both rescinded their request 

Its very different for very obvious reasons.  Hamonic was under contract and explained the matter to his team mates.  The reasons are out there.

Trouba was not under contract.  if he wanted to play for the Jets, he had signed a long term deal.  All the comps are out there.  This isnt like the Jets are low balling him and they're millions of dollars apart.  Unless Trouba had a change of heart, this deal made no sense.  It was all about Trouba not being willing to lose an entire season to try and go somewhere else.

He can say it's not about Winnipeg but it is.  He might mean its not about the people of Winnipeg but for whatever reason, he did not want to play here.  And usage is asinine.  If it was usage and he lost a month and a half, then Trouba is dumb.  Players dont dictate usage.  Especially at his level. 

Listen to the interview with the agent a few weeks back and you'll see.

I believe Trouba when he says he's now a Jet because he signed the deal.  But that's him speaking the obvious.  Perhaps he and Chevy have a deal to play the two years and re-visit it so in his mind, he wont ask for a trade under this contract.  But if he wanted to be here, he wouldnt have signed two years.  Its two years so he has an out clause to try and leverage his way to a trade later.

And if he signs long term July 1st when he can? The point everyone misses in all this and it's been said by ppl with more knowledge about this situation than all of us combined is The jets Don't want to trade him. They won't unless they get their price. 

Once again small **** syndrome from ppl who live here. Who gives a **** if he likes it here or not... he's a Jet and will be until the Jets decide the best thing to do is trade him. That won't be happening anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

And if he signs long term July 1st when he can? The point everyone misses in all this and it's been said by ppl with more knowledge about this situation than all of us combined is The jets Don't want to trade him. They won't unless they get their price. 

Once again small **** syndrome from ppl who live here. Who gives a **** if he likes it here or not... he's a Jet and will be until the Jets decide the best thing to do is trade him. That won't be happening anytime soon. 

Dude, if you have a small ****, so be it.  Dont project your feelings.  This isnt about how "Winnipeg feels".  Its common sense.  And the discussion wasn't about how the Jets feel either because we know how they feel.  Dont argue a different perspective and pretend it's the same thing.  It isnt.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It has nothing to do with any small syndrome.  Imagine the **** storm if a Toronto player had held out for the reasons Trouba stated.  It would be the same **** storm if not bigger.

No one is missing anything.  This was Trouba's fall back plan all along, he wasn't going to miss a full year of play.  They were playing chicken to see if Chevy would blink.  He didn't, they moved on to part B of the plan.  Part C of the plan will be to keep going to arbitration or re-sign for 2 years to get to UFA as quickly as possible.

It would be nice if he suddenly decides to sign long term in Winnipeg, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.  Chevy now has 4 years to decide if he wants to move an asset who won't sign long term and will probably walk for nothing.

I'll take Trouba at his word per rescinding his trade request and having nothing against Winnipeg or Canada for that matter. He is signed for 2 years, does he see that contract to the end in this city i have no idea all i know is Chevy can do whatever he wants to make this team better and Trouba makes this team better.

Its possible to not want to play in Winnipeg and also not have a personal vendetta against the city.  He clearly wanted to NOT be a Winnipeg Jet.  For whatever reason.  His dad, his gf, the nightlife, who knows.  We've heard a lot about outside influences on him.  Maybe he is perfectly content here but others with influence want him somewhere else.  Thats still the same thing - he doesn't want to be here.  But he wasnt going to lose a year over it.

No way was Chevy signing a one year deal.  So this is a compromise.  And much like they hoped Kane would magically love to be here, they hope Trouba signs long term in a year or two.  He probably wont and we will be in this position in two years.

Odds are though, Trouba plays his ass off.  Both because it means the Jets have to pay him more in two years and hoping another team offers more for him.

Pretty obvious from what I read in the media he does not want to play in Canada. I understand the Jets were offering him a longer term deal (6 to 8 years) at significantly more money than what he signed for (5.5 AAV or thereabouts) and he signed for two years, 6 million. As for his rescinding his trade request, that pretty obvious too. One thing I love about watching Jet hockey in Wpg is how they pick on the best player of the opposition. No way, no how, does young Mr. Trouba want to be treated like that every home game. If he was truly 'rescinding', he would have signed a 6 year deal like Gaudreau did at least. Signing a cheap two year is as good as saying 'trade me right now' but he's still making money 

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I guess the rumors about Trouba not keeping in shape in the off season is just that ... rumors.

He did play in the World Cup in September.

I would say that the criticism of Trouba has not been that he doesn't keep in shape but that he doesn't push himself the same way Sheif does. That's not really fair criticism for a variety of reasons, including, that we don't know what he does because he keeps that private and Sheif reportedly pushes himself harder than anyone.

17 hours ago, Ducky said:

I guess the rumors about Trouba not keeping in shape in the off season is just that ... rumors.

Who said that? 

On TSN and in the local media they said that he was keeping in shape and skating with a local team and was making sure he would be ready to go if a deal was signed. 

The only rumours they had I thought were of 2 years ago when he didn't want to go do the Gary Roberts workout thing.