Is It Real?

Guest J5V

12 minutes ago, J5V said:

Travis Bond. Where did we find this guy and are there more like him or did we just get lucky? 

The much beleaguered scouting staff delivered in spades this year, and should be congratulated,  Bond, Foketi, Fogg, Frederick, a slew of talented receivers and DE prospects and all accomplished without employing 200 scouts.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

The much beleaguered scouting staff delivered in spades this year, and should be congratulated,  Bond, Foketi, Fogg, Frederick, a slew of talented receivers and DE prospects and all accomplished without employing 200 scouts.

It's not just this year some of the guys they have been trying to get up here since they took over (neg listers) and have finally decided to play in CFL. This is 3 years of hard work do coming to.

4 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Okay, so why has it taken 3 years to suddenly produce this wealth of talent? What happened at the start of this year and in 2015 and 2014 when poor Willy was getting his head kicked in behind that sorryful Oline game after game?

47 minutes ago, J5V said:

Travis Bond. Where did we find this guy and are there more like him or did we just get lucky? 

imagine another Bond on the other side between Goosen and Foketi/Hardrick.  Andrew Harris would get 250 yards of rushing every game.  The only issue would be having to start another NI at WR or at LB/DB.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

imagine another Bond on the other side between Goosen and Foketi/Hardrick.  Andrew Harris would get 250 yards of rushing every game.

OMG! Heart be still!

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious how many of these "new" guys were being recruited 3 years ago and just came north this year. Sometimes it takes awhile to get guys to want to come up. 

March 9, 2016

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed International offensive lineman Travis Bond.

Bond (6-6, 329, North Carolina, December 10, 1990 in Windsor, NC) was drafted by Minnesota in the 7thround of the 2013 NFL Draft. After spending time on their practice roster, Bond also was with Carolina and St Louis from 2013-2015.

He played in 51 career games for North Carolina over four seasons, starting 29.

Looks like we couldn't have gotten Bond up here any quicker.  He had to make sure his NFL career was over.  Kind of like Mulumba and Bilikudi.

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There's a lotta guys... I believe Foketi is one.... They started working on 2 years ago... 

I remember someone saying that Kris Adams is a guy they've been working on for two - three years as well.  So far, I'm not seeing what the scouts are seeing.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

Lost in the new comers to the Oline is Stanley Bryant has refound his form. He can be the best in the league when he is at the top of his game.

Helps to have Bond beside you.  That's for sure.

22 hours ago, wbbfan said:

have to be cautiously optimistic. Weve been playing banged up against banged up squads. When/if teams are healthier things could change. It could be for the better or worse. We certainly cant keep up the turn overs like we have. But we could be a ball hawking group. 

We're quite banged up ourselves (Rec, OL, DB, S).  Just means our backups are doing a better job than the other teams we've played.  Kudos to the coaches and scouting department (and of course the players themselves).

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I remember someone saying that Kris Adams is a guy they've been working on for two - three years as well.  So far, I'm not seeing what the scouts are seeing.

Is Adams 100% in terms of conditioning? I recall reading he was gassed badly in his first game and he drew into the lineup way faster than the team wanted because of crazy receiver injury spree.

26 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Is Adams 100% in terms of conditioning? I recall reading he was gassed badly in his first game and he drew into the lineup way faster than the team wanted because of crazy receiver injury spree.

It would also help if Nichols could hit him in stride. He hasn't had one easy catch yet. I totally get the whole if you can touch it you can catch it. But he's not dropping uncontested easy catches.

59 minutes ago, Brandon Blue&Gold said:

We're quite banged up ourselves (Rec, OL, DB, S).  Just means our backups are doing a better job than the other teams we've played.  Kudos to the coaches and scouting department (and of course the players themselves).

thats right, thats why i said we've been playing banged up. against other banged up teams. In the pre season our depth guys beat up other teams pretty good too. Didnt work well for us early in the season when it was starters vs starters though. 

Cautiously optimistic.