Is It Real?

Guest J5V

I think what's happened is somewhere out there the Cal Murphy curse has reversed itself, it took a few games for those (out there) to realize that the team was once again wearing their "winning" Royal Blue uni (both at home AND ON THE ROAD) and the rest they say, is history. Coincidently, the team's change in fortune has aligned itself with the Rider downfall to historically bad 1980's levels ;) We're in for good times Bomber fans! :D

Edited by IC Khari

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yes I found myself thinking that the other day too - Royal Blue = finally on the road to recovery after wandering in the wilderness since 1991.

Never mind thinking it, it's the truth, it's happening (if Riderfans can be delusional, so can we :P). 

Edited by IC Khari

2 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

Never mind thinking it, it's the truth, it's happening (if Riderfans can be delusional, so can we :P). 

yet the way we've been winning games lately I've been transported back to those glorious 1980's years.  Still waiting for a Ty Jones like star to arise on D, for now I am thinking Westerman is as close as we've got.

I wonder who on the staff will be the Mike Riley, to bring us back to the football glory some of us were fortunate enough to be alive to remember. Is it MOS himself? Very interesting and exciting times. I hope they continue ...

Edited by IC Khari

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

yet the way we've been winning games lately I've been transported back to those glorious 1980's years.  Still waiting for a Ty Jones like star to arise on D, for now I am thinking Westerman is as close as we've got.

I'm thinking that Fogg might just be that guy 

Edited by WBBFanWest

51 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We have Ian Wild. Can't expect any better than him.

11 minutes ago, tracker said:

We have Ian Wild. Can't expect any better than him.

I had to watch that hit on Shaw a few times that resulted in the first Fogg interception.  Quite the explosion - helmet, mouth guard flying everywhere.  Haven't seen that kind of Bomber football in a long time.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I had to watch that hit on Shaw a few times that resulted in the first Fogg interception.  Quite the explosion - helmet, mouth guard flying everywhere.  Haven't seen that kind of Bomber football in a long time.

Some Millennials never have :(

Just my two cents worth but I'm not sure Adams or Davis will be around when Smith and Drezzler come back. That would mean we would have them along with Denmark and Kohert and while they are all relatively small they can all get open and catch the ball. As I have mentioned in another thread I was amazed that they cut Denmark in the first place, money or otherwise, as he is a guy who will catch anything that is thrown remotely catchable. We know Smith and Drezzler can play and Kohert, while not as fast is reliable as well when called upon. Then you have Mayo who has proven, at least in my mind, he too can catch and run to boot so for those who cannot consistently hang onto the ball, well there is always the PR.

Further I think that MOS has to do some sole searching when he decides on his roster for the next game. I surely hope that he will look at performance and not blind loyalty to vets who frankly did not perform as perhaps they should. On that note I didn't think #17 played that well last game. He was getting beat continually except for 1 play. Not sure if he was told to play off his receiver or what but he seemed late almost all the time.

Anyway they have two weeks to figure it out and get ready for the next game. Here's hoping that they will play well regardless of the outcome. I just hope that LaPo doesn't revert to that dink and dunk he went to in the 1st quarter... I thought that was a Willy thing. Oh well time will tell.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:38 AM, J5V said:

If someone has touched on this already I apologize but I'm wondering if this is for real. When MOS and Willy first got here we went 5-1 and we were annointing them as the second coming, myself included. Then we went into a horrible stretch that we all suffered through. Now suddenly, after almost 3 years, we have won 3 in a row and we're all getting giddy again, myself included. I'm trying to temper that with the reality of the last 3 years so I ask you, is it real? Have we really turned the corner, or is this just another blip on the radar, a cruel hoax to suck us in for another 3 years of suffering? Are there really contract extensions sitting in Wade's desk? I can't help but wonder if it's real.

All I have to say is that we will find out. I am now cautiously optimistic that's it. They get a pat on the back but no parades, extensions, etc. yet. Three wins does not wipe out two and a half years of total suckage. No one's job is safe and no one has earned any more money or any more time (other MOS and Walters to the end of the season). There is still a little over half the season left if anyone wants to earn their way into more time with the organization they have to keep up the winning. Losing is not acceptable. there has been far too much of that in the last 26 years.