Everything posted by bearpants
-
Tiger Cats @ Larks
I think it goes to show you how much the talent surrounding him can affect he play of the raw QB...
-
Rate Ritchie Hall's Defense
this is saying the exact same thing two different ways...
-
Blue Bomber Attendance
This is exactly what I do... it's about a 15 minute walk from my friend's place... and a season's worth of parking only costs me a case of beer or a nice bottle of something...
- Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
- Saskatchewan @ Edmonton
- Ottawa @ Toronto
-
Blue Bomber Attendance
This is exactly it... people who don't like the U of M location suddenly forget the traffic jams and waiting it took to get out of Canad Inns...
- Ottawa @ Toronto
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
just to clarify... I'm assuming D'haquille is Duke??
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
I'm certainly no Hurl apologist... but appears they are used in completely different ways,,, Hurl was given an "assignment" that seemed to attempt to hide or mask his inadequacies... where as Bighill seems to be given free range to do what he feels is best (for the most part)... the difference is Bighill can do it and is great at it... Hurl.... well.... not so much...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
sounds like this interview was in English (obviously)... then translated to French for La Presse... only to be translated back using google translate for this article... why not just use the original transcript??
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
Sounds like Johnny Manzeil will be starting this week... per CFL, TSN, basically every sports outlet in the country...
-
Calgary @ Sask
lucky or intentionally scouted??
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I donāt know know much about Ryan Bomben but even if heās a fringe starter or 6th man.... as a Cdn o-lineman heās worth far more than an import DB.... just further proof kavis has no idea what heās doing doing...
-
Calgary @ Sask
Edmonton already runs that offense...
-
Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018
Sorry, my mistake.... I thought you were disputing the ā15 TDs by Canadiansā claim...
-
Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018
Youāre missing 4 from Drew Wolitarsky... sure heās a Ben Cahoon-style āCanadianā.... but they still count!
-
Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018
Iām sure Trestman knows the rules just fine... he was just reaching cuz his team was getting pumped...
-
Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos
you're 100% right... I actually notice Bennett playing teams in the second BC game (he had a tackle in that one too) and I said to my buddy... he's out there so that when we need to run a trick play with a QB it won't look suspicious... also helps that he can actually play teams... reminds me of what Edm was doing a few years ago...
- Edmonton @ Montreal
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
To be honest... I think this play is the reason they kept him over Ruben Randle... I thought they were fairly even in TC and PS... but Thompkins showed hustle and willingness to do everything... not just catch the ball... I'm sure he learned his lesson and understands that's a penalty now...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I agree that the AAAAAAAAAAAAAAF might be the first "alternate football league" to pose a legitimate threat to CFL... in regards to attracting players... hopefully not, but we shall see...
-
TO - Argos - What to do about attendance
I don't really think this qualifies as a legitimate excuse... I am a huge NFL fan and try to watch as much on Sundays as possible... but I'm also a life long bombers fan and 15 year season ticket holder... and being an NFL fan would never kill my passion for the Bombers and the CFL.. however, looking down on the league because it's "small time" is just the Toronto way (and Vancouver to a lesser extent)...
-
3 stars +hh argblows
I agree that the entertainment value of a great offense is awesome... but "defense wins championships" is the oldest cliche in the book... and it's still true today...
-
Game Day Thread - Bombers @ Argos
it's probably because the casual fan doesn't really want to hear in-depth football analysis (or at least that's the theory)... they just want to hear a little bit about the game and have a few laughs...