BOMBERS -Playoffs - ESKIMOS Out

Mr Dee

2na7694.jpg...........No kidding June, we all feel like that..

The last few games for the Bombers and for the Lions.

At stake - the crossover for playoffs...and a few jobs.

Remaining games for both teams and possible outcomes: (my best guesses)

BC Lions 6-6

At Hamilton - loss 6-7

Toronto - win 7-7

At Calgary- loss 7-8

Edmonton- win 8-8

At Saskatchewan- loss 8-9

Calgary- loss 8-10

👁‍🗨 A lot depends on the play of Jennings. He played very well in a loss-turned-win in the last game.

Wpg. Blue Bombers 6-7

At Edmonton - win 7-7 we have to beat Edmonton once, might as well be the 1st game

At Ottawa- loss 7-8 although it depends on which Trevor Harris shows up.

Saskatchewan- win 8-8

Calgary - loss 8-9

At Edmonton- loss 8-10 

👁‍🗨 Injuries recently sustained may determine our final positioning and the fate of out Coaching staff...

Edmonton holds the key for both the Lions and Bombers..

Edited by Mr Dee

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

Queue the injury excuses. Here. We. Go.

You’re denying that possible injuries wouldn’t affect future games? 

It’s not excuses by the way. It’s just the way it is.

Why would you deny that?

What about the play of Jennings and Harris? Would their up or down play not affect their team’s outcomes?

Its all relevant.

* By the way...let’s see your picks.

Edited by Mr Dee

18 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

You’re denying that possible injuries wouldn’t affect future games? 

It’s not excuses by the way. It’s just the way it is.

Why would you deny that?

What about the play of Jennings and Harris? Would their up or down play not affect their team’s outcomes?

Its all relevant.

* By the way...let’s see your picks.

37 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨 Injuries recently sustained may determine our final positioning and the fate of our coaching staff

38 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

👁‍🗨 Injuries recently sustained may determine our final positioning and the fate of out Coaching staff...

Injuries ... may determine ... the fate of our coaching staff. Not their performance, but injuries. Got it. 

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

2na7694.jpg...........No kidding June, we all feel like that..

The last few games for the Bombers and for the Lions.

At stake - the crossover for playoffs...and a few jobs.

Remaining games for both teams and possible outcomes: (my best guesses)

BC Lions 6-6

At Hamilton - loss 6-7

Toronto - win 7-7

At Calgary- loss 7-8

Edmonton- win 8-8

At Saskatchewan- loss 8-9

Calgary- loss 8-10

👁‍🗨 A lot depends on the play of Jennings. He played very well in a loss-turned-win in the last game.

Wpg. Blue Bombers 6-7

At Edmonton - win 7-7 we have to beat Edmonton once, might as well be the 1st game

At Ottawa- loss 7-8 although it depends on which Trevor Harris shows up.

Saskatchewan- win 8-8

Calgary - loss 8-9

At Edmonton- loss 8-10 

Edmonton holds the key for both the Lions and Bombers..

Despite the win against the hapless Larks, I cannot see the Bombers winning more than one, at most two, of the remaining games even if Harris and Demski are back in the lineup. After nearly 50 years of watching, wishing and hoping, I've seen enough to be realistically pessimistic about this year's edition. Our NI talent is very good and the whole team is better than it has shown, but the whole is less than the sum of its parts and its not all Nichols.

Edited by Tracker

21 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Hey, if that’s the way you want to interpret it, then have at ‘er.

The thing about injuries are how they're handled and point to a team's depth. We're supposed to have good depth. Maybe a jewel will be revealed.

50 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Injuries directly impact the product on the field - which directly affects the outcome of the game... I don't understand what is flawed with this logic.

All teams deal with injuries. That's the issue. Last season the Eskimos basically played with 4th and 5th stringers for the lions share of their team and still managed to make the playoffs then bounce us. 

2 hours ago, White Out said:

Does anyone here really believe our coaching staff should return if we miss the playoffs this season? 5 full years zero playoff wins and regressing? 

Playoffs or bust as far as I'm concerned. No excuses.  

Bombers have to actually win a playoff game this year or else. I am not sure if even that is justification for retaining this sad lot of coaches.

Injuries are not the focus of this thread. It’s the race between BC and Winnipeg for the crossover spot. Who gets the wins that earn that spot?

All the rest of the talk (firing Coaches etc.) will be dealt with later. Besides, we’ve already covered that shyte. 

Deal with whom BC and the Bombers can beat to get there.

18 minutes ago, White Out said:

All teams deal with injuries. That's the issue. Last season the Eskimos basically played with 4th and 5th stringers for the lions share of their team and still managed to make the playoffs then bounce us. 

They also went on a 6 game losing streak...it wasnt like their season was all sunshine and lolly pops.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Injuries are not the focus of this thread. It’s the race between BC and Winnipeg for the crossover spot. Who gets the wins that earn that spot?

All the rest of the talk (firing Coaches etc.) will be dealt with later. Besides, we’ve already covered that shyte. 

BC has the gimme game against the Argos. No easy ones for us left. Equally tough after that. I think BC is playing better than us and have the game in hand. BC has better players and better coaches. Edge BC.

24 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Let the chips fall where they may. 

21 minutes ago, J5V said:

BC has the gimme game against the Argos. No easy ones for us left. Equally tough after that. I think BC is playing better than us and have the game in hand. BC has better players and better coaches. Edge BC.

We just had a gimmee against the Alouettes so it all evens out. Wally a better head coach? Maybe in 2005 but not now. He's disengaged on the sidelines. The game is constantly evolving & he looks like it's already left him behind. At times he just looks like he's going thru the motions. Don't for one minute think it was Wally who rallied the troops.  As far as assistant coaches go for the Lions, there really isn't one coach there that I'd want here. Except perhaps for Reinebold as he is a good STC. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Winnipeg:

Edmonton - We lost to them by 3 with Streveler at the helm, they're also in free-fall lately (lost 3 of 4) ... no reason we can't take advantage here. (W)
Ottawa - This is the Jekyl/Hyde team this year - sometimes they look stellar, other times... not so much. Likely a loss though. (L)
Saskatchewan - These bums barely beat Toronto last night, and their offense is nonexistent... can't see us losing 3 to them, especially since it is at home. (W)
Calgary - Realistically Calgary will probably have locked up 1st in the West at this point, so we might luck out and play a game against their scrubs like last year. (W)
Edmonton - If this game has any meaning, hopefully our team can step up. (W)
Record: 10-8

B.C.
Hamilton - They'll be ticked about blowing that late lead yesterday, also the Tabbies are at home. (L)
Toronto - BC probably has the edge here, realistically. Toronto's been pretty bad this year. (W)
Calgary - Calgary's is just too good, and they'll likely still be playing for something here. (L)
Edmonton - Spanked the Lions earlier in the year, though this is in BC and is the tiebreaker. (W)
Saskatchewan - This game is in Saskatchewan, and the Lions have been atrocious on the road. (L)
Calgary - Similar to our game against them, could be playing at home against Calgary's second stringers (W)
Record: 9-9

I fully expect an incoming storm of anger and disgust relating to how this post is unrealistic and optimistic and how I have no idea what I'm talking about. As a fan, I welcome it and would like to point out that this is my casual, slightly-home-biased opinion. I would also like to point out I am entitled to it, just as much as the doom-and-gloomers on this site are entitled to theirs.

Edited by Eternal optimist
Mistake

That game in hand over us by the Leos could be the dif. maker....even though we hold the season series...That game on the coast when we folded in the second half like a cheap suit , I think was the start of our coming 'undone' (que the Guess Who)… Now look where they are and our position in the basement ..The only game we have a chance at closing the gap is the one at home against the riders, and we also have to hope they start losing...Depending on how important Edm. views the last game we have with them, that could open the door for 2 pts....IF they need it ..it will be very tough sledding...Calgary might cough one up if they're coasting resting players...That's it...Ottawa will want to keep their first place edge on Ham.....The way we're playing...doubtful there....Methinks we're in trouble...…...BUT paste together our walking wounded... study the film hard....stick to the plan....play hard every game and have sing a longs with the head coach....hey any things possible

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

Winnipeg:

Edmonton - We lost to them by 3 with Streveler at the helm, they're also in free-fall lately (lost 3 of 4) ... no reason we can't take advantage here. (W)
Ottawa - This is the Jekyl/Hyde team this year - sometimes they look stellar, other times... not so much. Likely a loss though. (L)
Saskatchewan - These bums barely beat Toronto last night, and their offense is nonexistent... can't see us losing 3 to them, especially since it is at home. (W)
Calgary - Realistically Calgary will probably have locked up 1st in the West at this point, so we might luck out and play a game against their scrubs like last year. (W)
Edmonton - I like our chances at home, and if this game has any meaning, the fans will help keep the D amped up. (W)
Record: 10-8

B.C.
Hamilton - They'll be ticked about blowing that late lead yesterday, also the Tabbies are at home. (L)
Toronto - BC probably has the edge here, realistically. Toronto's been pretty bad this year. (W)
Calgary - Calgary's is just too good, and they'll likely still be playing for something here. (L)
Edmonton - Spanked the Lions earlier in the year, though this is in BC and is the tiebreaker. (W)
Saskatchewan - This game is in Saskatchewan, and the Lions have been atrocious on the road. (L)
Calgary - Similar to our game against them, could be playing at home against Calgary's second stringers (W)
Record: 9-9

I fully expect an incoming storm of anger and disgust relating to how this post is unrealistic and optimistic and how I have no idea what I'm talking about. As a fan, I welcome it and would like to point out that this is my casual, slightly-home-biased opinion. I would also like to point out I am entitled to it, just as much as the doom-and-gloomers on this site are entitled to theirs.

I am in awe of your optimism.

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Winnipeg:

Edmonton - I like our chances at home, and if this game has any meaning, the fans will help keep the D amped up. (W)

Don't want to throw cold water on your take but the two games against the schmoes are in their backyard ..IF they need them we're in trouble UNLESS Riley goes on vacation