Everything posted by bearpants
-
ESF: Lions @ Cats
seriously though... what was the deal with the Ric Flair stuff... is he just some sort of sport motivational speaker for hire now??
- Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
Wow, that's six day-1 starters... the only exceptions being Nichols, Masoli, and whoever Mtl trotted out (was it Drew Willy??)
-
It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls
I think about the only thing going against Ottawa... when is the last time a team beat another team 4 times in one season??
-
Regular Season Bomber News & Discussion
good news would be an understatement... I honestly think Adam Bighill could be the difference between winning and losing...
-
Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018
Honestly... I hope it stays that way... this team always seems to perform better when they're doubted... I hope they're 7 points dogs against Calagry... I hope TSN says we won't be able to score on Cgy... I hope everyone at CFL.ca has Calgary winning... tell this group of guys they can't do it... that's when they're at their best...
-
Heart Attack City....
LOL... @DougR is starting to remind me of Jon Hamm from this commercial... and I love it!
-
3 stars plus hh saskacrushed
Even @Ripper admitted it was well overthrown... hitting the goal post is just another convenient excuse for the ones looking for excuses... but the reasonable ones understand what happened in that game...
-
Around the League: 2018 Season
I know the die-hard, old-schoolers hate this idea... but if there's a 10th team, the ratio needs to be adjusted...
-
Heart Attack City....
not quite... the clock starts running once the play is whistled in unless a timeout is taken then the clock starts at the snap (like the NFL)... for example: in an NFL game, after a running play, the game clock and play clock start to tick immediately... in the CFL there will be about a 10 second (give or take) delay while the officials are placing the ball, etc... then the play is whistled in and the play and game clock start to run...
-
It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls
I agree that he should've challenged the PI call... and yes they did ask him about that one... O'Shea said from his perspective (watching it live) he didn't think it would be overturned... I guess he didn't get any different intel from the booth...
-
Congratulations Bombers
is Google not available in Sask yet?? seriously, who uses bing?!?
- Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018
- Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018
-
Congratulations Bombers
yeah... that was kind of the caveat at the end of my post...
-
Congratulations Bombers
Crazy thought... I actually think the Riders offense might have been better with Bridge in at QB... his 86 yards of scrambling accounted for a third of their overall yardage... and it was very hard to defend at times... but then again, Collaros is actually capable of throwing the ball to a receiver...
-
It's Official, We're Headed To Regina For The WSF: Show No Mercy On Rider Trolls
I would be curious to know how they feel about the "pass interference" call against Brandon Alexander that set up their only offensive TD of the game...
-
Self Proclaimed Worlds Greatest Fans can't sell out a playoff game...
what was the final attendance tally?... I did notice a whole group of seats empty at one point in the game... maybe it was 30 friends all going for a drink at the same time...
-
Congratulations Bombers
I agree with you that Bridge was out and I think any reasonable person was concerned about his health... I just don't believe the hit was intentionally dirty... I think it was extremely unfortunate that their helmets made contact and caused the injury... I fully expect Jeffcoat to be fined based on precedent.... Last thought on Bridge... I would love to see him switch to receiver... he's not a QB... that was evident yesterday... he could be a dynamic play maker as a receiver (assuming he can catch)...
-
Game Day Thread- Week Twenty Two, Western Semi-Final: Winnipeg Blue Bombers @ Saskatchewan Riders November 11th, 2018
Is he alive?... he'll play... I agree but you are missing another important point... the rule is supposed to be that both the defender and receiver have equal rights to make a play on the ball... Alexander was watching the ball and trying to make a play on it... if he was not looking back and just thew his arms in the air, then I agree, it's completely PI... but in this case both guys are making a play on the ball, there is minor incidental contact and one players flies to the ground... does anyone think there would've been an offensive PI call if it was Alexander throwing his arms in the arm and flailing to the ground like he had been shot?
-
Congratulations Bombers
Apparently this is an unpopular opinion... but I didn't think that Jeffcoat hit was that bad... it is very unfortunate that Bridge got hurt... I never want to see any player get a head injury, even on a hated rival... but when you watch the replay, Jeffcoat leads with his shoulder, the hit is not late, the first contact is shoulder-to-shoulder, and the head contact was incidental... I do agree that based on precedent he should have got 15 yards for it... but that is about it... the Odell Willis hit was 10x worse as head clearly launches himself leading with the head...
-
3 stars plus hh saskacrushed
1. Harris - unstoppable when we needed to be 2. Bighill - didn't put up massive stats... but we all know he's the straw that stirs the drink... and that knock down should've been a loss of about 20 if the refs called it properly.... 3. Wolitarsky - great route on the TD... very impressive contested catch against Edem (I think)... somewhat of a national coming out party for him... we already know how good he is... HH - the coaching staff... well planned game and well executed... putting Streveler for the final minutes was brilliant... it kept the defense off guard not knowing who would run on any given play...
-
ESF: Lions @ Cats
That “almost” 109 yard defensive TD return was poetic justice... that PI against Hamilton was absolute garbage... basically they’re saying only the receiver has rights to the ball... it was perfectly defended...
-
Game Notes - WINNIPEG @ REGINA
So you’re saying if we’re up by 139 at half time we have a pretty good shot at winning...
-
ESF: Lions @ Cats
Holy ****... it took til 4 mins left in the half before rod black mentions Steve Tasker... that has to be a new “black calling a ti-cats game” record...