Everything posted by bearpants
-
Depth Chart
Except that when Suber tackles a guy it's in the open field, how good a tackler would he be if he had to shed blocks from very large angry men to make those tackles? You could easily argue that open field tackling is harder... but I'm not going to.... I'll take more stock in the depth chart once the roster is announced... You can't really compare the two Shedding blocks to make a gap tackle vs. Open field tackle Sure open field tackling probably takes more technical skill... shedding blocks requires size and strength (when you are trying to shed a 300lb Olineman) Suber is a great open field tackler... I wouldn't ask him to bull rush an OL I'm not trying to start an argument here, just food for thought.... if you compare apples-to-apples when it comes to tackling would it be easier for Suber bullrush a 5'10 190lb O-linemen or Anderson to tackle a 6'2 260lb runner in the open field? Probably the former... I personally think sure open field tacklers are far more rare in the CFL
-
Bob Wylie & OL coaching staff
I remember pointing that out when he was hired (possibly on another site) and asked if anyone knew why... perhaps this explains a little bit.... I wonder if this Paul Charbonneau fellow will be listed as coach on the website.... he currently is not...
-
Depth Chart
Except that when Suber tackles a guy it's in the open field, how good a tackler would he be if he had to shed blocks from very large angry men to make those tackles? You could easily argue that open field tackling is harder... but I'm not going to.... I'll take more stock in the depth chart once the roster is announced...
-
Ted Laurent expected to sign with Ticats
I wasn't really expecting us to sign Laurent but it still hurt to hear he signed with Hammy.... Hamilton could start Laurent, Bulke, and Butler on D and not miss a beat... they have some of the best NI talent in the league right now.... I suspect there wasn't really a bidding war but he named the teams he wanted which probably included Montreal and Edmonton
-
Bob Wylie & OL coaching staff
I have zero issue with this arrangement... I was actually quite relieved to hear that's why he was missing... after hearing reports about his size I was concerned it could be a health issue...
-
[MERGED] Bombers sign RB Kevin Smith
Anyone who knows who he is also knew he came with the "if he stays healthy" caveat.... it's unfortunate for him and the team.... I was looking forward to seeing what he could do in the CFL...
-
Main Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
Oh, and I agree with MOBomber Fan about Max Hall.... he looked good, definitely coming out strong as the back up or even pushing Willy
-
Main Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
I showed up for the 11:05 session.... I was kinda trying to watch a little of everything so I didn't pick up on too much specifically.... The crowd was pretty thin.... I recall much bigger numbers in previous years.... a few observations: -Drew Willy looks strong and accurate -Jordan Yantz can throw as well as anyone, didn't look too out of place -A lot of big, athletic D-linemen should hopefully make life tough for opposing QBs -Turner, Anderson, Vega look great. I believe I saw Ryan Lucas in street clothes not practicing, but there's been no injury reports that I know of -Aaron Kelly looked to be running nice routes and catching everything -Bucknor looks like he belongs in the secondary (from only seeing him in a couple plays) Overall pretty positive...which is the usual for the first day of TC... probably just the euphoria of being around football again!
-
Bomber Training Camp Schedule
I was at the fan fest getting my tickets today and it was a great atmosphere... does anyone know if there will be an actual training camp tomorrow?? It felt amazing to be at the stadium under the sun and I'm getting amped for football season to start! I'm only about a 30 minute walk from the stadium so I may go either way... but I'd hate to walk there and see there's nothing happening
-
Rookie Camp Day 2 (Reports and Discussion)
I remember when he started on CKND, man I feel old. Me too I remember when you watched CKND on channel 12 and the dial on the TV only went up to 13. I don't think you have to be that old to remember that... I remember those days and I'm still a safe distance from 30...
-
Rookie Camp Day 2 (Reports and Discussion)
Penton is good, but I really don't like reading the Sun... that would be nice if he jumped ship to the freep...
-
Johnny Sears at Safety
I wouldn't hold my breath on Mulumba... perhaps Mr Perfect knows a thing or 2 about Mulumba's status... I'd think Muamba would be more likely (not counting on it though).... as for this idea of bringing back Hefney.... never, ever, ever should that thought even be entertained.... if every DB currently on our roster suffers season ending in camp I'd rather sign a bunch of new rookies....
-
Depth Chart
There are guys in this camp who are likely to be just as good as Matthews Maybe but if Matthews becomes available I still want the Bombers to do their best to resign him. The Bombers should learn from the past... I don't want Matthews to be the next Geroy Simon. Bombers found him goes to the NFL then back to the CFL and made a HOF career for different team. In fairness we did make a healthy offer to Geroy when he came back to the CFL but BC offered more... so it was simple economics for him not lack of effort by us...
-
Rookie Camp Day 2 (Reports and Discussion)
A strong-arm QB is fun to watch.... we haven't had a QB that combines strong arm with an actual ability to play since Khari so it's nice to see a guy with potential.... when we see him play on June 9 his role will start to become more clear...
-
Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
If I could 'like' this 100 times I would!!
-
Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
This is based on one practice. How many times we see a guy look solid in practice only to stink in game time. They have a lot more time looking at Brohm and if they didn't like him they wouldn't of traded for him. Marve only makes third string if he plays fantastic in the pre season games and Brohm shits the bed. No way Hall loses backup to Marve unless he gets hurt. The team isn't going to go with zero experience at back up. I'm willing to put money on that. Marve is the project guy who will only see the field in the reg season if we get injuries or we are killing a team or being hammered. I don't disagree with you but I was just supporting the other poster who said guys will earn time based solely on play, not past credentials.... especially at QB... I also think Marve would have to be beyond fantastic to beat out Hall.... but if he consistently plays better than Brohm over the next 3 weeks, he may be in line for the 3rd string spot...
-
Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
the point is you can have all the credentials in the world but if you don't show up on the field it means nothing.... If Marve shows much better than Hall and Brohm then I'd have no objection to him being #2
-
Depth Chart
I don't put too much stock in the depth chart in May.... guys like Ian Wild and Zach Anderson are too good to be back-ups.... I think the one thing that sticks out to me is Neufeld at RT, I think that's where he'll be day one....
-
Rookie Camp Day 1 (Reports and Discussion)
Wylie's put on a ton? I wouldn't have thought that was possible... unless you're talking about an addition to his legendary moustache!
-
Pool tracker pick the winners.
I'm denied access from my work computer.... I'll join, eventually
-
Drew Willy to Organize Practice if Players Strike
I don't think there's much harm in running some routes and tossing the ball around... I realize there's injury potential just making cuts and such, but I don't think these guys are gonna push it to the limit... just get to know each other and build some chemistry, have some fun
-
MorningBigBlue.com Turns 1 Year Old Today
Congratulations... looking forward to the contests!
-
Argos' Future In Limbo
It seems to me MLSE owning the Argos is probably the best-case scenario... but in the long-run would an owner who cares about the team be more beneficial?... Maybe Rob Ford can take some photos of himself on the pipe, sell those photos to some tabloid magazine, and buy the team himself...
-
Bombers Official Site Gets Facelift
The old version was embarrassingly out of date... I'm no techie but I can tell the difference between a bad website and a good one... this is much improved...
-
Kris Robertson Signs
I hope you're right but we're still thin at Rec and O-line is obviously a big question mark.... On the defensive side we definitely have a lot of talented DBs coming to camp but no real NI upgrades in the front 7... hopefully I'm proved wrong!