Main Camp Day 4 (Reports and Discussion)

Mike

Went in, tried to sit in the end zone and watch the hogs do battle, "security" told me to go sit on the east side.  Moved over a few sections.  Not good enough.  As tempting as the full Gollum experience was, I spend enough time hidden from the sun in my office.  So I left.

Second coldest winter in history that went on for freaking ever and they won't let people sit in the sun.

I hope the Bombers on the field are different from last year.  The random, made up, accomplish nothing policy department hasn't changed a bit.

Went in, tried to sit in the end zone and watch the hogs do battle, "security" told me to go sit on the east side.  Moved over a few sections.  Not good enough.  As tempting as the full Gollum experience was, I spend enough time hidden from the sun in my office.  So I left.

Second coldest winter in history that went on for freaking ever and they won't let people sit in the sun.

I hope the Bombers on the field are different from last year.  The random, made up, accomplish nothing policy department hasn't changed a bit.

Strange.  I noticed everyone sitting on the East side when I went on Monday.  Not sure why.  Did they give an explanation?  The only thing I can think of is they don't want anyone sitting under or near the construction area going on in the West side suites and perss box area.

Yeah, for me personally, instead of having the negative first reaction of "everyone's a jerk", I'd probably assume that there's a fair and logical reason for why they wanted people in a certain area....

I wasn't trying to jump over the security sash.  Or sit anywhere I didn't sit two days ago.  Wasn't wandering around, off exploring.  Wanted sunlight.  No construction in the area.  Just stopping in for 20 minutes on a beautiful summer day, the only 20 minutes I'll spend outside until I get home from work.  Didn't want to sit in the cold shadows.  Sun on my face, feeling happy for 20 minutes.  That's all.  I get it, you're posting from 2 provinces away and aren't familiar with the setup at the new stadium.  I would have been sitting right by security.  If I caused any trouble they wouldn't even have to move to tackle me, just lean forward and let gravity do the work.

You can't just have people wondering around a facility that size for security and safety reason....pretty simple.

Which is exactly the opposite of what I was doing.  The exact opposite.

Someone please talk about football now.

Yeah, for me personally, instead of having the negative first reaction of "everyone's a jerk", I'd probably assume that there's a fair and logical reason for why they wanted people in a certain area....

I wasn't trying to jump over the security sash.  Or sit anywhere I didn't sit two days ago.  Wasn't wandering around, off exploring.  Wanted sunlight.  No construction in the area.  Just stopping in for 20 minutes on a beautiful summer day, the only 20 minutes I'll spend outside until I get home from work.  Didn't want to sit in the cold shadows.  Sun on my face, feeling happy for 20 minutes.  That's all.  I get it, you're posting from 2 provinces away and aren't familiar with the setup at the new stadium.  I would have been sitting right by security.  If I caused any trouble they wouldn't even have to move to tackle me, just lean forward and let gravity do the work.

Was there last summer...very familiar. Point is, instead of assuming the world is out to get you, why not assume that there's a fair and logical reason for their actions? 

Was there last summer...very familiar. Point is, instead of assuming the world is out to get you, why not assume that there's a fair and logical reason for their actions? 

I think what he's implying is that whatever their logical reason is for doing that doesn't seem to be all that logical.

If its me I'd say "oh Im just enjoying the sun for a few minutes, is there a reason I need to move" and if the reason was silly, then I'd be mad.  I was there last summer as part of my job and they didnt seem to care where people were sitting.  But I didnt try to sit in the end zones.  but now I sort of want to...

"But let the record show one of the most-impressive passes thrown through the early days of camp was an absolutely perfect spiral that covered 50 yards after simple a flick of a 48-year-old ex-quarterback's wrist." 

Author? it was Ed Tait

Who he was talking about?  it was Danny McMannus

"But let the record show one of the most-impressive passes thrown through the early days of camp was an absolutely perfect spiral that covered 50 yards after simple a flick of a 48-year-old ex-quarterback's wrist." 

Author? Ed Tait

Who he was talking about?  Danny McMannus

Well Danny is 48 so I guess so!  Wonder if his body could hold up for a whole season....