TSN Panel (Randorf leaving TSN)

Rich

It has been announced today that Dave Randorf is moving to Sportsnet.  Apparently he has always wanted to be more involved with hockey and with Sportsnet getting the NHL TV rights, he will get that opportunity over there.

Any guesses on who will replace him on the CFL panel?   Anyone that you would like to see from your wish list?

Randorf is the first guy that ever did it long term. In the old days it was usually " the new guy". I seem to recall both Dutch and Duthie in that chair for one season each.

They could go all out and put Brian Williams in there but my guess is Mudryk.

1. Duthie

2. Rockin' Rod Smith

3. Rod Black (as long as they keep him away from play by play)

4. Mark Masters (best of the new guys but I suspect MM might bolt to S-net too)

5. Climie

I think Sara Orlesky would be the best candidate amongst women but she lives in Winnipeg now and would have to fly out to Toronto every weekend for 2 to 4 days.

I'd be happy with Black on the panel just to get him out of the booth to put us all out of our misery. That being said, I still hate the guy & I'd send him back to Canada AM & figure skating. Lalji would be a great choice. The best of all of them although that would probably mean relocating to Toronto during the season from Vancouver where he is heavily involved in coaching high school football out there. He may not want to do that.

Completely forgot about Rod Smith, he'd be my first choice, so I suppose my list would be.

1. - Rod Smith

2. - Farhan Lalji

3. - Mark Masters

4. - Matthew Scianitti

5. - Brian Williams

6. - Cory Woron

7. - Brent Wallace

8. - Vic Rauter

1,000,000 - Rod Black................... anyone recall how bad the draft was with him this season ?

I'd rather take Black for one game a week (with the chance he's working either the one in Winnipeg that I am at, or the Rider game that I am not watching ) rather than hearing Black before, during and after every game, four games a week.

Maybe someone like Gord Miller if he is staying works.

Personally, i agree with the Farhan Lalji opinion of a few on here but i'd rather see farhan actually become a play by play guy instead. Maybe replace Miller and give Farhan and Matt D some more games to call. Rob Black is terrible and i couldn't stand to watch the pregame if he was on it. Hate when he calls our games, which happens too much. Maybe we'd get cuthbert though on thursdays? it's highly possible but.. I'd honestly say anyone but Rod Black.

hmmmmm, I liked Duthie when he was on it, but I bet he goes to Sportsnet too. I think a lot of the TSN guys (the good ones anyway) will end up going there). I could see Blackie doing it (I hate him as much as the rest of you) but would prefer Natasha Staniszewski :)

I generally dislike most of the TSN and really most of the mainstream media talking heads, but I will miss Randorf.  The options to replace him are not likely to be upgrades.  I would love to see Lalji there, but really the problem is that he'll just be the set-up man while Schultz tells me "YOU WIN BY SCORING, Farhan, to WIN, you NEED TO SCORE MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM." *intense stare into camera*

I would rather see TSN move to a crew that really can do football and the CFL justice.  A full crew that understands the game and can actually analyze things.  Maybe this will be a turning point for them.