Everything posted by HardCoreBlue
-
Getting involved with Police Incidents / Shootings...
Therein lies the issue.
-
Game 15: Flyers @ Jets
He was seeing the puck brilliantly last night. We need Drew Stafford's game back. He's not as dominant thus far as we saw last year. Just an observation from the games I've seen.
-
Let the firings begin
I could be wrong, but I think O'Shea is in the "these are professional athletes, it's their job to motivate themselves" group. I have no idea about whether that works or not. Fear of losing your job is the best motivator. Works in pro sports or in business. Did you get the feeling MOS looked like a guy worried about this coming week? Maybe a bit in pro sports, but the fear of losing one's job does not motivate one to perform better in business. If anything it creates a very toxic environment of individuals not operating as a team.
-
Last game day thread of the season
I actually had this game when I was a kid. It was awesome.
-
Game 13 : Jets @ Leafs
Could you hear the disapointment in Mike Johnson's voice as he repeatedly indicated how close Burmi was to only having one skate on the ice coming out of the box as he took the puck. The puck at times really seemed to be jumping off the Jets stick this game, a bit frustrating but what I really enjoyed watching was the Jets taking it to the leafs the last seven minutes or so of the game and Leafs just trying to hang on for overtime. A big part of that is influenced by our coaching. I like it. We're playing to win, not to lose.
-
Connor McDavid out Long Term
Mr. Perfect, perfectly said.
-
Buff's Hit
More than likely it was influenced by the media coverage of it coupled with Buff's history. Imo it's precedent setting. From now on every clean hit requires a meeting to let that player know he's lucky it was a clean hit. Ridiculous. My new favorite 'I hate team' that replaces the Leafs . . . Montreal.
-
Game 12: Jets @ Habs
I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why it was even a penalty. Other than Gallagher selling it with the pinwheel.... Solid hit, comes up with his elbow after the hit which doesn't matter. Maybe that influenced the ref. Buff didn't play well, but what I like is knowing that when Buff, Trouba and Stewart on the ice, the middle of the ice isn't a happy place for opposing players.
-
Now that our season is toast ...
Scary thing is that before Willy was permanently knocked out for the season he suffered two other serious injuries that took him out of games. His ratio of complete games vs. incomplete for this year wasn't even 2:1. Bombers are now walking in Sask's shoes, living and dying with a QB that can not be properly protected or kept healthy enough to contribute to a winning record. It's imperative that Willy's future replacement be present and productive at next years TC. Edm, BC and Mtl all found replacement QB's in first year players this season, next year the Bombers have to do exactly the same. No time left for a 2-3 year development period, the demand is now, now, now. I'm curious to see who is available come Free agency. As I don't have much hope in our Scouts to find what I think we really need. As in another Starting CDN lineman either side of the ball I don't care. And at least one stud big ******* WR. Enough of the small speedsters. I want a 6'3 monster who is going to run over DBs. Also wondering what is up with Anderson (RB), I think we released him right? Wonder if he comes back next year? I was chatting with Ed Hervey a couple of years ago as he was at my son's football event and that's the route he takes both with receivers and DB's. He said he doesn't look at anyone smaller unless of course their an extraordinary talent.
-
Around the NHL
In hearing Maurice's interviews, it's not just for fighting. It's too match the size of opponents that are bigger, i.e., LA and then go back to Petan with the speedier type teams, i.e., Chicago.
-
MOS: list strengths & weaknesses, good & bad
I agree completely but sometimes quite difficult to pinpoint whose clearly to blame outside of the obvious examples when it comes to player talent or coaching ability (e.g., Chevron Walker, MB). A player will argue coaches aren't using them properly to highlight their skillset, a coach will argue they are putting the player (s) into the position needed to be successful but the player isn't executing.
-
MOS: list strengths & weaknesses, good & bad
I like to wear my belt much the same way but higher up at chest level. I thought it was his fanny pack turned backwards.
-
Around the NHL
Problem is, Kane will more than likely be on the ir . . .
-
Around the NHL
“I just didn’t feel as though (the Jets) had my back at all. It would have been so simple to just squash it and put it to bed. It just became kind of a big deal,” he told The Hockey News. So Evander, you're expecting the club to shelter you from your misguided views and inappropriate behaviour? Whether you like it or not, what you do off the ice on your own time matters to your employer. Comes with the territory and your compensation package.
-
Penton: Wade Miller already recruiting assistant coaches for next year
What I would like to know is what's been professional about this team in the last years? Our way of fielding a team on the field? Our OC finally falling out of bed at half time asking when did the game start? If Miller were to hire a crap OC who would end up taking the heat for it? Sure not him as in this year. Sums up nicely the reason for our offensive 'creativity'.
-
Canadian Politics
Charest was an opportunist leaving the Conservatives to become leader of the Quebec Libs & then premier. He'd never be successful as leader & he has old ties to Brian Mulroney . This is one of my biggest pet peeves with how certain candidates do their thing regardless of political stripe.
-
Fed Up Fan: $5 dollars to get rid of a ticket?
In some cases (not all), it's not an 'either or' i.e., True fan or Non-fan when we judge people on their behaviour towards the Bombers in these times of futility. People handle and display their frustration differently when it comes to the Blue Bombers , that's all. It doesn't make them any more or less of a true fan. And again, I'm not referring to the extreme cases of 'My favorite team is the team that won the championship last year' fan to the 'I chose to devalue any legitimate frustration to my team as being a non-fan' fan .
-
Election 2015
Why? They don't allow refused ballots anymore and they don't count spoiled ballots in any fashion, so how is a spoiled ballot making any point? I still have not voted and may not as I can't stand any of the three parties and we don't have any others running here. I am not going to vote for someone I don't agree with and, as I can't make a counted protest vote, WTF is the point? BTW, Harper campaigning with the Fords was the last straw. I understand your dilemma but no one said who to vote for is always straightforward or easy. For some of us there is never that perfect scenario but it's up to each of us as individuals to make tan informed decision of what is the most viable solution that hits some of the things you believe in. Just vote. You'll feel better regardless of the outcome.
-
Edmonton Oilers LOL (perhaps Calgary Flames LOL)
For some it wasn't panic, it was more joy living as a Jet fan in Oil land.
-
Florida Panthers Get Tax Payer Bailout
For more knowledgeable people than me, why is it that a team like Tampa Bay can thrive but not Florida?
-
Around the NHL
Here comes minority supporting voice for Buff on this site. People around me in Alberta (mostly Olier and Flame fans) are fascinated that some of our fan base want to trade Buff. I'm in that group as well. I'd like to have Buff for three to four more years than free him up if anyone wants him. Yes I think I know his liabilities (which at certain points can be maddening) but I strongly believe his strengths outweigh those risks. Ladd and Buff are playing for big time contracts right now.
-
Game 5: Flames @ Jets
Actually their schedule was real the day it began imo. Two back to back games in hostile environments and then the pressure of a home opener. Yes some would argue the calibre of most teams they played thus far isn't up to par but rarely on any given night is there any freebies.
-
Edmonton Oilers LOL (perhaps Calgary Flames LOL)
Agree, his every shift seems to be assessed and broken down. No wonder you hear he's mature beyond his years, he has to be.
-
Confederate Flag
What does this mean exactly? Powers that be want? Racial divide. Ever heard of divide and conquer? I was more wondering who these specific 'powers to be' are outside of the sweeping generalizations made here.
-
Confederate Flag
No I'm not thanks for asking, but if it helps answer it like I am, if you'd like of course.