Edmonton Oilers LOL (perhaps Calgary Flames LOL)

IC Khari

0 - 4 and looking even worse than last year! Guess the fan base is being punished for all that success in the 80's :). Who's the projected number one draft pick this year cause I can guarantee you he'll be wearing the new NDP orange Oiler jersey next year ...

Wow those jerseys were ugly.  What I couldn't get was why all the fans were wearing them too.  What a bunch of lemmings!

0 - 4 and looking even worse than last year! Guess the fan base is being punished for all that success in the 80's :). Who's the projected number one draft pick this year cause I can guarantee you he'll be wearing the new NDP orange Oiler jersey next year ...

You know how I know you didn't watch them last year?? 

Seriously yes they are 0-4, but I said to my buddy the other night while watching them even when they get hemmed in their own zone this year the differences are night and day. This season it at least looks like they've got a plan they're trying to execute. Last season it was chickens with their heads off in the defensive zone. Not to mention that they've played 2 games against St. Louis which is a team that is one of the worst possible matchups for them in the league. Throw in a Nashville which is another pretty good defensive group and you start to see why they haven't won anything yet. It is very different than last season or the season before where they were losing games 6-1, at least they can compete this year. They have an actual honest to god NHL coach this year and they'll get what he's teaching eventually. No one was expecting an instant turn around and most people expected a rough start to the season just based on a tough schedule. 

I think part of the problem is the Pressure on McDavid, not from the Oilers or even the Fans in Edmonton but from the media, Sportsnet,TSN... man the guy can't take a piss without TSN or Sportsnet saying he just took a piss, It's insane the amount of pressure that is on that kid, he's a very good player and will be a very good player but... the media pressure put on him can't be helping, let the kid play for christs sake... The other issue they have and this isn't one that can get better overnight, It's their D play, they just aren't a strong defensive team, people can say what they want but Sekera is an upgrade for sure but... how much of one remains to be seen. It's still way too early here but... Edmonton probably has a little ways to go until they are playoff contender, it probably won't happen this year, they will probably have to move one of their wingers eventually for some much needed legit #1 D help.. Until then, it is what it is... I like the Oilers, second favorite Canadian Team behind the Jets, but they still got a ways to go. 

First game of the season McDavid does nothing and TSN has an in depth analysis of his play. Sick of him already which is fine because sick of the oilers. They will be a powerhouse one day. But then they can figure out how to keep all their talent.

Can keep the talent more easily than you think and it's quite possible they would want to move on from some of them by that point anyway. 

I think part of the problem is the Pressure on McDavid, not from the Oilers or even the Fans in Edmonton but from the media, Sportsnet,TSN... man the guy can't take a piss without TSN or Sportsnet saying he just took a piss, It's insane the amount of pressure that is on that kid, he's a very good player and will be a very good player but... the media pressure put on him can't be helping, let the kid play for christs sake... The other issue they have and this isn't one that can get better overnight, It's their D play, they just aren't a strong defensive team, people can say what they want but Sekera is an upgrade for sure but... how much of one remains to be seen. It's still way too early here but... Edmonton probably has a little ways to go until they are playoff contender, it probably won't happen this year, they will probably have to move one of their wingers eventually for some much needed legit #1 D help.. Until then, it is what it is... I like the Oilers, second favorite Canadian Team behind the Jets, but they still got a ways to go.

I remember seeing Gretzky play in Winnipeg when he was 18. He played pretty terrible in the game I watched. The crowd was really razzing him, which of course, a Winnipeg crowd would do. Anyway, he was 18. McDavid is only 18. The sky is the limit, and he's only going to get better. I agree though the scrutiny is off the charts. In Wayne's day there weren't two major sports networks needing something to talk about for 24 hours a day like there is now.

Agree, his every shift seems to be assessed and broken down. No wonder you hear he's mature beyond his years, he has to be.