Perreault,Scheif,Ehlers

Burmi,Lowry,Stafford

D pairs have changed with Chiarot taking a seat it appears

Buff,Toby

Myers,Trouba

Postma,Stuart

Did I forget something???

Oh yes, the 4th line who will see all of 40 seconds of ice time hopefully

Peluso,Cormier,Thorburn <---  Yes, that's our 4th line tonight... 

Look forward to seeing Postma play again.  This might be his best chance to force his way into the lineup if the coaching staff is unhappy with Chiarot.  Can he play the left side? (He's a right handed shot I believe?)

I believe he would be playing the right side...

Stuart is LHD is he not? Pretty sure, Postma would be the RHD on the pair, These lines are based on Ken Wiebes reporting about an hour ago so who knows how accurate they are but... Pretty sure Postma would be the Right Handed D man on his pair with the Left Handed Stuart. 

GAME NOTES:

The Jets will be looking to avenge losing both of last year’s match ups with the Flyers.

Coach Paul Maurice announced Nic Petan is feeling “under the weather,” will not play tonight. Patrice Cormier, called up from the Manitoba Moose prior to Wednesday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, will see his first NHL action of the season.

“I’ve got a comfort level with Patrice. He’s really good positionally. He actually makes more plays than I think he gets credit for in terms of outs and passes out of the zone,” said Maurice, who has liked what he’s seen from the fourth line this season. “Our fourth line is a +9 for us. I have a greater comfort level of playing them. Some things go hand in hand. Blake (Wheeler)’s minutes are down about a minute or so … and they’re producing more. The fourth line has been important for us.”

Another line-up change appears to be on the blue line. Tyler Myers skated with Jacob Trouba (a pairing that Maurice said he liked late in the 3-2 shootout loss to Ottawa), and Paul Postma filled Trouba’s usual spot with Mark Stuart this morning. Like Cormier, this will be Postma’s first NHL regular season game in 2015-2016.

“He’s played enough games in the NHL, I don’t want to give him a laundry list to think about before he goes out and plays,” said Maurice. “If he was a first-year guy that hadn’t played I might spend some time. We know he’s ready. He’s pushed himself.”

That push will be key tonight, especially with both teams a little road weary. This will be Philadelphia’s final game of a five-game road trip (a stretch where they’ve gone 0-3-1). The Jets just finished a 2-1-1 road trip of their own.

“This is one of these games, you may see four, five, or six different teams on the ice,” said Maurice. “Who you are in the first 10 minutes may be a little different than who you are in the next 10. For me, I’m going to try to be watching for those changes. There are parts of the game you won’t control, but you want to be as fast as you can.”

The Jets have yet to lose two in a row this season, and Ladd said that’s a stat the dressing room is proud of.

COPP CREEPING CLOSER

After scoring his first NHL goal against Columbus on October 31, Andrew Copp has been nursing an upper-body injury that has kept him out of the line-up.

“We’re expecting Andrew to skate Monday. But we’re going to have to wait three or four probably more days until we get a real, far more definitive timeline on this,” Maurice said. “But he’ll go back on the ice for the IR skate on Monday.”

The Jets Head Coach added that he’s seen a lot of improvement in Copp’s game as his first full NHL season progressed.

“There were hockey mistakes. There were things you’d like to see him do better, but there weren’t a lot of positional mistakes or thought mistakes on the ice,” said Maurice. “Then the next question is, ‘he understands the game, now how fast can he get?’ He was getting faster, and that line was getting zone time and getting chances to score. His face-off numbers were really improving ... I thought he was on a real nice plane of improvement.”

NHL.COM PREVIEW

FLYERS (4-6-3) at JETS (8-4-2)

Season series: The Philadelphia Flyers won their two games against the Winnipeg Jets in 2014-15. Vincent Lecavalier scored two third-period goals before Jakub Voracek's second goal gave Philadelphia a 4-3 overtime win at MTS Centre on Dec. 21, 2014. A goal and an assist from Wayne Simmonds and 36 saves by Steve Mason led Philadelphia to a 5-2 win at Wells Fargo Center on Jan. 29.

Jets team scope: Winnipeg returns home for one game sandwiched between four-game road trips. Coach Paul Maurice canceled practice Friday after a 2-1-1 trip that ended with a 3-2 shootout loss at the Ottawa Senators on Thursday. Maurice has not announced his starting goaltender for Saturday, but he has alternated starts between Ondrej Pavelec and Michael Hutchinson for each of the past eight games; Hutchinson started in the shootout loss at Ottawa. Center Andrew Copp (upper body) remains out. Winnipeg begins a four-game Central Division trip Tuesday against the Minnesota Wild.

Look forward to seeing Postma play again.  This might be his best chance to force his way into the lineup if the coaching staff is unhappy with Chiarot.  Can he play the left side? (He's a right handed shot I believe?)

Stuart is LHD is he not? Pretty sure, Postma would be the RHD on the pair, These lines are based on Ken Wiebes reporting about an hour ago so who knows how accurate they are but... Pretty sure Postma would be the Right Handed D man on his pair with the Left Handed Stuart. 

If Postma does play this is how it should shake out also think that Maurice liked what he saw in the 3rd with Trouba and Myers taking a few shifts together, top pairs will get plenty of works bottom pair a little less.

I was thinking more down the road if Maurice put Stuart back with Trouba, being able to play both sides might keep Postma in the lineup.  But if the Trouba-Myers pairing is permanent then it's a moot point.  Postma would be 3rd pairing on the right side with Stuart on the left.  This assumes that Postma plays well, of course.  

Pav likely to start

Petan under the weather

Ladd,Little,Wheeler

Perreault,Scheif,Ehlers

Burmi,Lowry,Stafford

D pairs have changed with Chiarot taking a seat it appears

Buff,Toby

Myers,Trouba

Postma,Stuart

Did I forget something???

Oh yes, the 4th line who will see all of 40 seconds of ice time hopefully

Peluso,Cormier,Thorburn <---  Yes, that's our 4th line tonight... 

About 40 desonds too much....I just cna't believe that Cormier is our best player to be called up.

On the other hand, if the top 9 forwards and top 4 D play the great part of the game, the Flyers should have their hands full.

Chiarot looked so good in the pre-season and is just awful in his own zone in the regular season. Not sure whether this is Maurice saying wake the hell up or getting Postma some time for some GMs to check him out. If they are sitting a LHD, why isn't Pardy playing? Maybe there is a trade in the works.

Jets were the better team but Neuvirth and penalties made the difference

He was seeing the puck brilliantly last night.

We need Drew Stafford's game back. He's not as dominant thus far as we saw last year. Just an observation from the games I've seen.

Unfortunately this is the Drew Stafford that has played in Buffalo, plays well for a stretch then all but disappears for weeks at a time. 

Last nights game shows why you need 3 lines capable of scoring. Our top 2 lines couldn't get it going for whatever reason, be it great goaltending or taking to many perimeter shots or no presense in front of the net. Your not going to get too many goals from the bottom 2 lines as they line up right now.

Jets were the better team but Neuvirth and penalties made the difference

He was seeing the puck brilliantly last night.

We need Drew Stafford's game back. He's not as dominant thus far as we saw last year. Just an observation from the games I've seen.

Yeah, ive noticed the slump as well. I'd take one of his empty net, deflected goals about now :)

The third line is not being asked to score though. Maurice was raving about them the other day.

Might be true. We should have 6 guys this year scoring 20 at least.

Swap Lowry and Burmi?