Everything posted by HardCoreBlue
-
It's About Time The Bombers Did This
All of them.
-
Largest Fire Evacuation in Alberta's History underway in Fort McMurray
Fanaticism when it comes to anything makes things very scary. Stop the world now, I want off is feeling I get at times with all this deep seeded hate, division and narcissism.
-
It's About Time The Bombers Did This
Ring of honour, love it. The stadium won't be big enough.
-
Around the NHL
Carlyle would look good in Ottawa if they don't land BB.
-
Johnny Football
I know what you're saying but wow we sure do need to redefine what a 'celebrity' is.
-
2016 Lines
It just seems over the last while more and more 18 to 20 year olds are able to make the starting lineups, stick and excel than we've ever seen before. Probably a combination of good and bad reasons to explain this.
-
Around the NHL
Something about Crawford rubs me the wrong way. He's got that Dallas Eakins 'look at me' approach to coaching. It's been nice without him in the league. I hope Toronto hires him, they deserve one another.
-
Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery
And how they are trending upwards. Ugh.
-
Game 83 Jets @ Draft Lottery
No to trading Myers.
-
End of Season Report Card
As a pure non-oiler fan, ummm no. I wouldn't give the farm up, but would definitely part way with a few cows, chickens and a goat to land him.
-
2016 Playoffs
Islanders.
-
2016 Playoffs
Yea maybe. I'm also thinking a team like Edmonton that's desperate for a leader.
-
League approves 10 of 11 rule proposals
Don't know I'd have to check the CFL archives which I'm not going to do. And my guess it's not an issue of bemoaning, It's not even really an issue. It's more I would guess that location has come up now and then and is there anything the league could do with it to improve the game. Just like any other proposal, simply a discussion and not a solution looking for a problem. For the record I'm not supporting any idea of moving in and out goalposts no way no how. However, thinking that moving the goal posts stationary to the back of the end zone would ruin the game's excitement of last minute point getting is a bit exaggerated. For example, one of the many things I like about the CFL is the last 3 minutes of each half that allows teams more time to get themselves into scoring position that makes virtually no lead safe. Having the goal posts in the back of the end zone would definitely make field goals more challenging but I could also suggest based on my observations that over time (with no stats to support) place kickers are more athletic, stronger and accurate than ever before. It's fun to discuss these things knowing a lot of this will go nowhere other than a discussion.
-
League approves 10 of 11 rule proposals
Probably more than you think, i.e., how it can influence a play without a player actually running into it. Yes like the refs but that reasoning doesn't negate it's impact.
-
League approves 10 of 11 rule proposals
Sooner rather than later we will be debating whether we actually need on field officiating making calls. With technology ever evolving, we're probably at the stage, or close to, where a game could be officiated and managed behind a key board and monitor. Not a great cup of tea to digest for sport enthusiasts who believe real-time human subjectivity is part of the game.
-
League approves 10 of 11 rule proposals
I'm with you on this one.
-
2016 Playoffs
Wow, I rest my case your honour.
-
2016 Playoffs
Most overused and very often times misinterpreted term. For some, their disdain for being 'politically correct' is the fact they get called on saying really stupid misguided hurftul untrue unfunny things. One of the best ways I've seen how this point is driven home is how would one define politically correct in a non politically correct way?
-
2016 Playoffs
You may be onto something here.
-
Around the NHL
Not condoning what they do like things like battery throwing, but if they boo the big man, that's funny sh@t.
-
2016 Draft Standings
Obviously I want the pick for the Jets, but it would be so so awesome if the Oilers got it again so I can enjoy my sarcasm with my diehard Oiler friends and watch the Leaf Brass see their 'perfect tank' evaporate.
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I saw that too. Wow. Puts things into perspective. I hope some parents read this tweet :-)
-
Offensive Analysis?
Ouch, thanks for that. To expand on my thought about Lapo, it depends on how specific his 'ideas' are, how specific he has mapped them out to make them work (which is an obvious thing to do as the OC) and how willing, when appropriate, he can to adapt to other ideas that may run counter to these original ideas he has mapped out that he may need to discard some. In other words, I hope he doesn't get tunnel vision, that's all I'm saying here.
-
Offensive Analysis?
And I'm hoping I'm misinterpreting a quote I read from him today: “I’m finally able to sit in a room for four hours and say ‘here are my ideas. Help me figure it out.’ That’s been neat for me,” he says. To me one of his significant downfalls as a coach is his stubbornness to move away from something, i.e., his ideas that he, and he alone, thinks is pure genius, that clearly in some cases aren't working regardless of the tweaks made to them. His statement above suggests to me he still takes the 'plan and push his ideas' approach onto his support staff/athletes rather that create and engage with them. Yes someone has to be in charge but he always needs to be receptive to ideas that may run counter to his own. I'm not sure he's wired that way. Time will tell if he's learned from his last go around with us.
-
Bombers FA Signings 2016
Thanks for that memory, appreciate it, ugh.