Bombers Ink two Canadians

they are really shoring up the NI's in our secondary... I'm kinda starting to believe that maybe we are starting 2 NIs there.

3 OL - Greaves, and 2 more.

2 REC - Watson and Kohlert

2 DB - Newman/Muamba (S) and Alexander/Bucknor (CB)

First thing that comes up when Googling "Kevin Prempah" is a Toronto Sun story about a gang bust in 2011 with a 20 year old by the name of Kevin Prempah among those facing charges.

Same guy?

Kevin Prempeh

JBR just did a typo. The spelling in the article is the same.

First thing that comes up when Googling "Kevin Prempah" is a Toronto Sun story about a gang bust in 2011 with a 20 year old by the name of Kevin Prempah among those facing charges.

Same guy?

Charges were dropped in November of that year. His agent says it is/was not him.

Tyler, what can you tell us about Armitage?

If you have enough patience to attempt to develop him you might get somewhere in 2-3 years. Where that is, I'm not quite sure. The Riders spent a 7th round pick on him and elected to go not much further than that, releasing him and he returned to Western for his final year.

Tested among some of the worst offensive linemen in recent history at the combine last year, hence why he was a late pick, but the potential bright side of that would be that Patrick Neufeld and Cody Husband are in that group as well. Neufeld has shown he can adjust and build his game to the professional level, Husband has played spot duty in four years with the Ticats. Neufeld was a 5th round pick, Husband was an undrafted signing... essentially the type of late round selections you see in the league. Guys who have been serviceable to good in college but their translation to the pro game is suspect. Obviously not many make it through to last years in the league.

As for his game, he has nice size at 6'4", 305 lbs but struggles to use it to his advantage, and I think you can use his 13 bench press reps as evidence. I don't value combine numbers that much, but certain things can be red flags, and when you don't have the strength, your technique is probably your strongest asset in addition to quickness, and he quite simply didn't have that when I saw him.

The positive for Eric Armitage - and potentially the negative and this really applies for any Blue Bombers offensive lineman is that they have a guy renowned for his ability to teach the position in Bob Wylie. If he can't show well in Winnipeg, that is likely all she wrote.

If you have enough patience to attempt to develop him you might get somewhere in 2-3 years. Where that is, I'm not quite sure. The Riders spent a 7th round pick on him and elected to go not much further than that, releasing him and he returned to Western for his final year.

Tested among some of the worst offensive linemen in recent history at the combine last year, hence why he was a late pick, but the potential bright side of that would be that Patrick Neufeld and Cody Husband are in that group as well. Neufeld has shown he can adjust and build his game to the professional level, Husband has played spot duty in four years with the Ticats. Neufeld was a 5th round pick, Husband was an undrafted signing... essentially the type of late round selections you see in the league. Guys who have been serviceable to good in college but their translation to the pro game is suspect. Obviously not many make it through to last years in the league.

As for his game, he has nice size at 6'4", 305 lbs but struggles to use it to his advantage, and I think you can use his 13 bench press reps as evidence. I don't value combine numbers that much, but certain things can be red flags, and when you don't have the strength, your technique is probably your strongest asset in addition to quickness, and he quite simply didn't have that when I saw him.

The positive for Eric Armitage - and potentially the negative and this really applies for any Blue Bombers offensive lineman is that they have a guy renowned for his ability to teach the position in Bob Wylie. If he can't show well in Winnipeg, that is likely all she wrote.

Wow...that is quite the thorough analysis for a no name guy. You're like a CFL encyclopedia. The 13 bench press reps is a concern. Do you know how many Neufeld did at his combine? Good point on Wylie. What position on the OL would you see Armitage playing?

Wow...that is quite the thorough analysis for a no name guy. You're like a CFL encyclopedia. The 13 bench press reps is a concern. Do you know how many Neufeld did at his combine? Good point on Wylie. What position on the OL would you see Armitage playing?

Appreciate it. Neufeld did 12, but his lower body strength and agility is where he makes his mark.

I think Armitage is a much better run blocker than pass blocker, so I would have him at right guard.

Forgive me but don't right guards have to pass block as well? Throw another log on the pile of o line projects. Maybe he and Kowalchuk can hold hands in the huddle. This team needed to acquire some experience bonafide nip Oline starters. Wylie is a good coach not a miracle worker. You don't all of a sudden make guys solid offensive lineman. Anyone got the recipe for turning chicken ....into chicken salad other than Chef Wylie the miracle man.

Forgive me but don't right guards have to pass block as well? Throw another log on the pile of o line projects. Maybe he and Kowalchuk can hold hands in the huddle. This team needed to acquire some experience bonafide nip Oline starters. Wylie is a good coach not a miracle worker. You don't all of a sudden make guys solid offensive lineman. Anyone got the recipe for turning chicken ....into chicken salad other than Chef Wylie the miracle man.

Experienced bonafide starting non-import offensive linemen aren't just floating around out there. There certainly weren't any in free agency and you don't see teams trading their starting Canadian OL very often... or ever.

Thirteen reps at the CFL combine for an OL is pretty pathetic. Tells me he didn't spend enough time in the weight room& doesn't have the work ethic others do. Some guys live in the weight room. On the OL it isn't just footwork, you have to be strong enough to handle a bull rush as well. Technique helps but I also know some 220 lb offensive linemen with great technique that would get killed. Someone said that 13 reps on the bench press is a red flag. It sure is.

In the past five years, 10 guys have put up a bench press number that is Top 20 all-time... only four of them are still on a roster. But you are correct in that work ethic and time spent trying to improve is a dead end giveaway if a number is incredibly low.

As I said before, for my evaluations I don't use numbers that often, but I do have a set of numbers that if a guy is below, he better look darn good on tape for me to consider selecting him. For Canadian linemen I use 16 as the mark that you should be above on the bench press, and I would say that if you look back at the past 5 years, you would find that 85-90% if not more are not currently on a roster, or did not last on a roster for atleast/longer than 3 seasons.

These two are TCF. Armitage is a step down from Dunn and Pempeh comes from a Concordia team that was continually blown out.

Is that the new method for evaluating talent?

Well, when you're a DB it is... no?

Cuz one DB is the reason why a team gets blown out. And if he is stuck with a group of crappy secondary players then obviously he too must suck?

By that rule of thumb, brendan labatte has to suck because he was on our horrible o-line... Wait, hes arguably one of the best guards in the league? Nooo way..