Bombers sign 2 more imports

Feel free to merge all new signings into one thread.

Kirk Penton @PentonKirk 29m

#Bombers sign import linebacker Leon Williams and import defensive back Brandon Hogan. #CFL

Hogan sounds like he has some serious talent, but has/had injury & character issues. He still got taken in the 4th round despite wrecking his knee in college and being a trouble maker. The scouting report I read said he'd be a good starter in the NFL if he could get his crap together.

Williams was also a 4th round pick. He had 17 tackles in one game in the NFL. That's better than I've ever done, so I'm impressed.

So a quick look at the Bomber site and the players added since the FA period are as follows:

Grigsby, Nic

Quarles, Cyhl

Jeffrey, Damario

Robinson, Antonio

Bucknor, Matt

Williams, Leon

Loper, Gabriel

Coleman, Austin

Brohm, Brian

Leggett, Maurice

McAdoo, Michael

Hogan, Brandon

Renaud, Taylor

McRath, Gerald

Brescacin, Jordan

Gatling, Stafford

Newman, Graig

Tate, Kenny

Garvin, Michael Ray

Urrutia, Mario

Feoli-Gudino, Julian

Hogue, Doug

Richardson, Louie

Richards, Randy

Marve, Robert

Hajrullahu, Lirim

Sims, Quentin

Willy, Drew

Moore, Nick

Banks, Korey

Neufeld, Patrick

Paliwoda, Terriss

I am probably missing a few but wow!  It's like they signed a whole new team!  Guess Walters was right when he said you won't recognize the roster this year.

I am probably missing a few but wow!  It's like they signed a whole new team!  Guess Walters was right when he said you won't recognize the roster this year.

This happens every year you know that right? They have about 70 or 75 players at the start of training camp but rosters are only forty some players. You basically sign a 2nd team in the offseason then cut most of them before training camp is done. 

Notice how the Bombers sign a whole whack load of new guys and this is the norm. But when Ottawa signs one free agent we get a whole bunch of Desjardins is a fool and over paying and blowing up his salary cap.

I find this amusing.

Are you comparing a bunch of no-name import rookies with 55 year old Henry Burris taking up a gazillion dollars along with their other older QB?

McAdoo and Neufeld were with the Bombers last season.

Notice how the Bombers sign a whole whack load of new guys and this is the norm. But when Ottawa signs one free agent we get a whole bunch of Desjardins is a fool and over paying and blowing up his salary cap.

I find this amusing.

Are you comparing a bunch of no-name import rookies with 55 year old Henry Burris taking up a gazillion dollars along with their other older QB?

I'm talking about a few people complaining after they signed Anton McKenzie. Apparently Ottawa has no budget at all yet we have an open wallet.

I find this amusing.

I'm talking about a few people complaining after they signed Anton McKenzie. Apparently Ottawa has no budget at all yet we have an open wallet.

I imagine guys like Anton and Paris Jackson are coming very cheap at this point in time. Not to mention, Ottawa has to meet the cap floor and with a lack of established players they can afford to overpay a little this year if necessary. 

This happens every year you know that right? They have about 70 or 75 players at the start of training camp but rosters are only forty some players. You basically sign a 2nd team in the offseason then cut most of them before training camp is done.

I know it's "supposed" to happen every year but I haven't seen this many training camp signings in a loooooong time. I can recall maybe half as many players signed last year and there is still almost two months till camp. It's just nice to see a change.

I know it's "supposed" to happen every year but I haven't seen this many training camp signings in a loooooong time. I can recall maybe half as many players signed last year and there is still almost two months till camp. It's just nice to see a change.

They've gone in with full training camp rosters every year, just because you are choosing not to remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I find this amusing.

What?

They've gone in with full training camp rosters every year, just because you are choosing not to remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

They did have the same number of players in the past... but there is a lot more turnover this off-season.  Last off-season, we finished the season with so many guys on the injured lists that we almost had a full training camp roster already.  Couple that with the fact that we re-signed almost all our practice roster players, and by the time the CFL draft rolled around, there were still only 15-20 new faces on the roster... compared to the 35+ that we already have this year, with the expectation of still signing a few more before the draft.