[MOVED] Lyle Bauer back in Manitoba - Politics, not football

Nasty Nate

Hired as chief executive officer of Manitoba PCs. Lyle can smell blood in the water just about as well as anyone. Greg Selinger and the Manitoba NDP are as good as dead in 24 months (next election) and Lyle wants to ride with a winner. Also, a pretty great salary and expense account. Move has been in the works for weeks (if not months) but just announced today.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/Manitoba-tories-254646671.html

Well, he may do well behind the scenes raising $$ for the Tories. Only time will tell if he's successful. He was gone from the Stamps once the Flames took over. They made it pretty clear he'd never have autonomy with the new Stamps Prez reporting directly to Flames Prez Ken King which is  something Lyle didn't want to do.

A strong PC for years, am I excited about Bauer on board ?----NO.

We all know of Bauer with the Bombers and that would not excite us.

He possibly could help as a money raiser but I would also like him to buy a razor...lol..

He's not running for office - he's the CEO.  So basically he is a fundraiser, correct?

As CEO (or President or whatever) he saved the Bombers from near-certain death. Maybe he can do the same for this province.

Yeah, cause we all know how well the PC's are doing running this country.  I'm sure the PC's will make a big difference over NDP as the premier.   :rolleyes:

I think it would be great if Manitoba was run the way the Conservatives run the country - with a focus on the economy as opposed to taxing us to the extreme so they can quickly buy our votes right before the election.

Have the Man. cons. have a similar policy, to change the elections act ,IF the former Filmon gang ever gets elected. Nice try Lyle. Manitobans have a long memory about how the cons. ran the province the last time. No thanks Lyle and Lyle. Keep your ultra right wing politics in Alta. Doesn't work here. 

Harper's Record:

Sneaking the bodies of fallen soldiers home at night to deny them full ramp honours

Voter suppression

Muzzling of scientists

8-15 billion dollars lost in Afghanistan

Wailing over the Senate while appointing the most senators of any PM

The Robocall scandal

Conservative senator scandal

Election (in and out) scandals

Even his chief policy adviser has turned on him as a dictator

Trying to impose media control

Harper's Record:

Sneaking the bodies of fallen soldiers home at night to deny them full ramp honours

Voter suppression

Muzzling of scientists

The Robocall scandal

and yet, given the other choices, he has my vote.

Harper's Record:

Voter suppression

Muzzling of scientists

The Robocall scandal

Yeah, but you wear a "man scarf" so...you know.

For me, politicians and politics is a matter of who I trust the least…and who does the least damage in the long haul, because they're virtually all the same. I would prefer honesty and stream-lined government…so that leaves Harper out of the picture. He's far below the least line, a highly un-trustable man.

So there!

Politicians….pfffftt.

Harper's Record:

Voter suppression

Muzzling of scientists

The Robocall scandal

I agree. I think Harper is a bully, a cheat, a manipulator, and a pious right wing A-hole. 

Yet given the choice between him and Trudeau and Mulcair, it isn't even a choice. 

Sad. 

I wish people would quit with the ' Manitoba lags behind' b.s. This province is doing quite well and a lot of other provinces would give their eye teeth to have the potential that Hydro gives us. Conservatives are dying all over the place in this country, except Alta., and they had to kick their leader out. I'll go with any party other than the cons. Corruption runs rampant in the likes of Harpers gang and I don't see any dif. with the cons. locally. Just think back to the Gary Filmon years and you'll soon get a glimpse of a Pallister govt. No thanks.

I wish people would quit with the ' Manitoba lags behind' b.s. This province is doing quite well and a lot of other provinces would give their eye teeth to have the potential that Hydro gives us. Conservatives are dying all over the place in this country, except Alta., and they had to kick their leader out. I'll go with any party other than the cons. Corruption runs rampant in the likes of Harpers gang and I don't see any dif. with the cons. locally. Just think back to the Gary Filmon years and you'll soon get a glimpse of a Pallister govt. No thanks.

I cast a weary eye at all politicians - there is a degree of fabrication amongst all of them.  That goes for the PCs and the NDP and I guess the Libs as well although they haven't been relevant since the Carstairs years.

But I have to ask you, what scandals involving the PCs are you talking about because the only one that really sticks out in my mind was the vote-rigging scandal in the 1995 election and I have my doubts that Filmon was even aware of it?  I'm certainly not aware of any widespread corruption during his tenure.  I'm aware of his balanced budgets in the face of decreased transfer payments from the federal government during the belt-tightening 90s and how he passed into law that the province could not have back-to-back years of provincial deficits - a law that was put to pasture by the NDP without any form of discussion a few years ago.

And if this province is doing so well and if other provinces would kill to have our hydro, why is the 1% increase in the PST necessary along with the myriad of other tax hikes approved by the NDP the last few years?

Good for Lyle I guess.  I imagine his career as a football executive is over even is this doen't turn out well for him.

Please God just get this NDP out of Manitoba. This has been far too long. 

Forgive me, I'm living in the US and not as up to speed -- who's running the show in Alberta now after that lady bailed? Is it still a business-friendly climate or are they going Left too?

Dave Hancock a Redford apologist is the Interim Premier now running the show. The bad news about the way the government is continuing to waste money seems to come out everyday. New story today about a retired Alberta Health Services exec retiring, given a huge severance & awarded a quarter of a million dollar consulting contract THE NEXT DAY!!! Redford isn't even in the legislature anymore because things are so despicable even though she didn't resign her seat. No one seems to want to throw their  names in the ring to  run as leader. The Tories look & act dead. Public hate them. Hancock just keeps giving excuses.