Stadium Flooded

Atomic

Breaking News: Stadium flooding exposes more design flaws at IGF. Around one-third of suites are flooded, source says. #Bombers

Source says water from melting snow on roof flowing up against suite doors and through celings at IGF. #Bombers

Source says repairs will be in the "hundreds of thousands." #Bombers CEO W. Miller downplays flooding as "a little water from spring thaw."

#Bombers CEO W Miller says builder or designer, not team, will be on the hook for repairs or redesign.

I have a friend in construction who told me last year more problems may arise at Investors Group Field come its first spring. Sure enough.

#Bombers CEO Wade Miller refused Sun's request to have access to stadium and see damage, first-hand. "You're not getting in there."

Oh well, now they can pick whatever colours are in this spring. Insurance should cover this. The stadium insurers will pay the claim & subrogate against the insurers of the architect, sub trades or construction companies. This shouldn't cost the Bombers anything. If it is determined to be shoddy, faulty design or workmanship the responsible parties insurers will pay. 

This is what happens when you get an architect with no experience designing a stadium. I'm sure if a firm with experience in designing stadiums had designed IGF the number of flaws emerging after construction would be lessened

Who says it's a design flaw. We just had the worst winter in over 100 years. A building can be designed to withstand weather much worse than normal but not a lot are designed to meet once in a century conditions.

This is what happens when you get an architect with no experience designing a stadium. I'm sure if a firm with experience in designing stadiums had designed IGF the number of flaws emerging after construction would be lessened

Who says it's a design flaw. We just had the worst winter in over 100 years. A building can be designed to withstand weather much worse than normal but not a lot are designed to meet once in a century conditions.

It's a design flaw, and partly due to the cheapness of both the design and build.  Corners were cut all over the place to come even close to the amount BBB Stadium was willing to pay as they added more and more features to the design to make it functional for a football team, but at least we got the sweet arches!  

Every part of the stadium has problems with drainage except for the concourse.

Bad winter... not actually much water in what precipitation we did have however.

Look at the flood outlook, they aren't predicting a bad one because the snow we got was so low in density (less liquid from melting)

Who says it isn't? 

It's an outdoor stadium, and the outdoor elements caused damage.  If the club wasn't getting things repaired, that would be news.  Yes this is a disappointment, but should be a warranty repair by the contractor.  

As a great man once said, "Non-issue, handled internally. Not talking about it. There we go, we’re done."

Guess we now know why IGF is receiving "winterizing" funding from the Province. Had a proper designer and builder been hired from the get go.......................