Everything posted by GCJenks
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
I'll miss BT JR, but even more so the class of his entire family. A few times a year his entire family would some to watch him play. Had a few conversations with BT1 and always raved about the city and how well they were treated everywhere they went. I understand the need to get better sometimes has a cost but I sure wish there was a way that the new guys could actually prove they were better than who we had before. Oh wait there is that thing called training camp... ***AH Crap wrong thread***
-
Andrew Ladd
If Mrs Ladd is pregnant does the issue of her thriving practice become a non-issue? You have to think taking time off to have a child will hurt business, is it as much as starting over in a new city? Does it matter is your husband is getting 400 or 500K more in a different city? I'm sure many wives work to keep themselves busy but after she has a child will she want to leave it with a nanny while she goes to the office? I know if I made $30K more my wife would rather stay home with ours...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
How much is interest is Messam going to garner? He was unsigned during the season for how many weeks last year? If I remember correctly it wasn't until week 5 or 6 that he was picked up by Sask.
-
Great Read on Bud Grant
If you haven't read Bud Grant's autobiography " I Did It My Way" you really need too. I have read many of sports related Auto's and his is by far the best.
-
Top 30 FA's (CFL.ca list)
What does it say about our team that only 1 of the top 30 is from our Roster. Is Moore at 29 a sign that we are doing things well and all our best players are already signed or that our roster sucks so bad only one of our free agents is even worth the top 30?
-
Bombers "close to" deal with Dressler
Except that that location is not the kitchen, just a staging area for the food before it goes to the suites. Food service in the suites is a major cluster F. Orders for the Grey Cup had to be in 3 weeks in advance and still not delivered to well in to second quarter. Everything that this food service company screws up in the stands they do it in the suites but the price is 3 times higher.
-
Game 10 : Blackhawks @ Jets
Other than Wheeler's scoring streak is there something up with him? It seemed to me that he was moving a little slow and usually the first of his line to peel off and head for the bench. Is he nursing something that no one is talking about? Conditioning a little behind the pace of the game? Just checked his ice time stats and he was right between Ladd and Little so maybe he wasn't short shifting but it sure seemed like it to me.
-
Game 10 : Blackhawks @ Jets
Will be the first fame I have been too since season 1. Very much looking forward to it.
-
Odds and Sods - Game 12 Blue Bombers at Montreal Als
Was too nice outside to stay in to watch the game. Had the radio on in the back yard while soaking in the sun and having one last float in the pool. Had intended to go in and watch the game after but really... who cares... plus it was Rod Black.
-
Taman and Chamblin Fired
It may cause a brain aneurysm but with Bobby D leading that time I may have to cheer for him to get his first win on Sunday. I sure wish we would make a move on our OC, would be a lot easier to watch the game and hope we do something.
-
Fast Forwarding / Skipping games on PVR
I think it will be less than it should be. Didn't most people already commit to next year (possibly the year after as well) to get a discount on their Grey Cup ticket? What really stands out to me is that if I am not using my normal seats (company also has a suite) I can't even get a sniff when trying to sell them on Facebook. First couple of years everyone wanted any extra seat they could get. This week I had to work hard to give them away. Last night we took our 2 1/2 year old for his first game, if I didn't have the distraction of keeping him some what entertained I would have been even more disgusted with that display. There is no longer any part of that 3 + hours spent on the UofM campus that can at all be considered good entertainment value.
-
Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion
He's not on the depth chart. I believe. Thanks I found it too after I asked (should have googled depth chart instead or roster D'oh), on the 1 game injured.
-
Around the CFL Regular Season Discussion
Montreal play tonight. Can anyone find a depth chart for tonight's game? You'd have to believe if he is left off a second week that something is up and he'll be moving somewhere else soon. Would love to see him here, even if it's just so he can't get to any more of our QB's.
-
It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...
I would love to see us bring Bobby Dyce home again.
-
Non-Bomber Week 4 GDT
I'm not too sure on this. I think Forde is settling in to the role of Rod's Straight Man. I am pretty sure he fed Rod the "Green Hornet & Cato" line a few plays before the TD.
-
Pre-season- Game 2 - HAM @ WPG
Here's some of my thoughts from being at the game last night. Marve brings excitement and flair to the game. Would be a great change of pace when Willy is struggling. I thought Jhomo Gordon looked pretty impressive for such a young kid. Returning punts, kick offs and a nice catch or two. Just needs some more time to learn to run sharper routes. Addison Richards looked horrible in the couple of balls thrown his way, Tayman is probably choking on his Subway laughing so hard at us with our "revenge" pick. This didn't look like a team ready for the play offs and a Grey Cup appearance, let's hope the other teams are as slow in their development too.
-
Friday's Preseason Game - Tickets?
Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key. It is an official place to park? IE they have people taking money for game day parking? or what? Yes, it's "official" parking for the games. Someone will be there to take your $$. I don't remember what they charged, I had left my stadium parking pass in the other car and was already grumpy.
-
Friday's Preseason Game - Tickets?
Victoria Hospital has always had parking available and in my opinion not having to cross Pembina with a child is key.
-
Sign Willy!
Just read the Lawless article on the Freep website. He really should credit this forum and this thread for writing his article for him. Every salient point he makes has been discussed here in the past few days. He likely copy and pasted much of it.
-
Around the CFL Offseason Discussion
Ricky Foley finds it within himself to address the trade. After reading this I actually kind of respect the guy. http://www.leaderpost.com/letter+from+Ricky+Foley+Riders+fans/10763797/story.html
-
Kohlert vs JFG
I can't tell you which is better but I am glad we have them both. I think what Walters pulled off last off season to get both these guys here was pure genius.
-
Shawn Coates former Media Relations WBB
Unbelievable to me that Shawn is gone so young. We first met some 25 years ago at the UofM when I was working for Bison Sports and he was writing for the Manitoban. Our paths crossed many times over the years and I always respected his ability to remember the name of anyone he met. My fondest memory will be of Shawn showing up at my wedding social at 12:30am after whatever event he was working and wanting to by auction tickets etc. We had a good laugh and a quick visit as things were winding down.
-
Maurice Leggett signs contract extension
I love the way he plays. Knowing that he's going to be here for 3 years tempts me to get a jersey with a current players name on it for the first time in quite a while.
-
Drew Willy to start season finale
I am not surprised by but for sure not in favour of this move. Willy will be lucky if he doesn't come out of this season with a serious head injury. He's already suffering and not making the quick decisions he needs too to stay upright. Would love a look to see what Marve can do when he has the reps in practice and a game plan to his strengths.
-
Pinball's Grey Cup Ring Stolen at BC Place
So let me see if I got this right. The site admin starts a thread, a site mod starts another thread on the same topic, another site mod then has to merge them together. Something about this just doesn't seem right... Back on topic, I have tried a few GC rings from a few sources. Most will let people they know or meet in a controlled environment try them but a stranger in a 30 000 person crowd what was he thinking?