Game 10 : Blackhawks @ Jets

Petan gets more minutes if there are more PP's but I agree he would benefit from more ice time. But it's at a premium on the jets right now.

If they felt he really needed more minutes they'd send him to the Moose. So I guess we trust the coaching staff on this one. Id love to see him on a top six line once on a while just to see what he can do. But he's young. His time will come.

With Ladd unsigned it's never a bad thing having a guy like Petan ready to move up.

Other than Wheeler's scoring streak is there something up with him? It seemed to me that he was moving a little slow and usually the first of his line to peel off and head for the bench. Is he nursing something that no one is talking about? Conditioning a little behind the pace of the game?

Just checked his ice time stats and he was right between Ladd and Little so maybe he wasn't short shifting but it sure seemed like it to me.

Jets 32 hits to Blackhawks 15, face offs 38-33 Jets,

Giveaways - Jets were way down from last game (23), only 8 to 13 for Chicago.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they said 45 saves for Hutch was a career high..stoned Hossa several times.

Great job by Lowry on Toews.

Agree with Mark F on the pace of the game...after 10 games. Only a few more to keep up for the season...

Despite the Jets' great start, they are 5th in the Central division and only 1 point ahead of...the Blackhawks in the Wildcard race.

Maybe they can cross over to the East Conference...

I havent watched the game yet.  Have it on the PVR.  Regarding Wheeler, he seems to play very hard every shift so maybe he's just being overly responsible if you noticed him scooting to the bench quickly.  I hope we dont have too many playable injuries this early but as others have said, what a tough pace to keep up all season.