Fast Forwarding / Skipping games on PVR

Brandon

My interest in the Bombers continues to dwindle after each year of mediocrity.

With my family growing in size and my free time being very little...I've noticed that for myself that I don't even watch/listen to games live anymore and I'm even deleting my PVR'd games before even watching any of it.

During the Lapo era Swaggerville was a tonne of fun to watch and despite Pierce being always hurt at least at the beginning they could move the ball. 

During the Burke year I noticed myself watching lots of the game in fast forward (mainly because watching our O was as exciting as watching paint dry).  Knowing that Goltz , Brink and company couldnt' even make a basic pass pretty much guaranteed us that we wouldn't get anywhere.  

Last year for the first half I watched everything no questions asked... but as the O fell apart in the 2nd half I was doing the old fast forward once we go down and really skipping ahead in the game if we were down by 14 + points since I almost always assumed that we would never come back.  

This year if we play anyone good (Hamilton , Edmonton , Calgary)  I'm going on the chat seeing if we are stinking it up and pretty much deleting the game without watching anything.     

To me it's almost feels like a complete waste of time to watch the games now since clearly MB won't be here long term,    O'Shea may get the axe if we don't win anymore,    Brohm and Marve definitely are not the answer... we have zero excitement on the field  (no swaggerville,  no all time greats playing on the offense,  no real elite players...).   

For me I'm ready to end the season,  clean most of the coaching staff out,   hire a whack load of new players and start fresh in a new regime and until then I simply just don't have any interest in the gong show.

Am I the only one who is trending towards becoming a fair weather fan since the club continues to stagnant and the games are an absolute bore to watch?? I'm a fan of watching the game of football but the product we have put on the field is just ugly,   no one wants to watch the local team embarrass themselves week in and week out. 

Just curious, anyone else noticing their watching habits going down?

At least you can fast forward.

I'm getting tired of sitting in IGF knowing we have absolutely no chance of winning and having those thoughts confirmed by the end of the first half.  There have been a far disportionate amount of games in that stadium where that has been the case.

I'll still be there live for the rest of this year and of course next year and going forward, but this franchise is going to start having a problem selling season tickets and filling the stands if they keep putting this kind of product on the field. At this point I would be happy if I could watch a game where we are competitive and in the game until the end, even if we end up losing....

I miss going to games and expecting the Bombers to win.

This is year 16 of season tickets and I more and more I keep thinking why do I care so much about this team? Games are not fun. I think the first 4 years I had Season tickets we were 28-8 at home and exciting (Khari-Milt-Roberts-Bruce-Sellers-Gordon). I worry most about the young fans. I grew up in the 80's and 90s.

This is year 16 of season tickets and I more and more I keep thinking why do I care so much about this team? Games are not fun. I think the first 4 years I had Season tickets we were 28-8 at home and exciting (Khari-Milt-Roberts-Bruce-Sellers-Gordon). I worry most about the young fans. I grew up in the 80's and 90s.

So did I.  That was good time to be a youngster cheering on the blue and gold.  Almost every home game was a victory.  Brock, Clements, Dunigan - all those teams had great offenses.  Heck even the Salisbury teams were decent on offense not like this sad sack bunch.  And man, those defenses in the 80s... just dominant.  I think we went a nearly 20-year stretch of making the playoffs.

It's almost bizarre but I would think that Saskatchewan is in a much better place since for the most part they remain competitive despite losing 2 veteran QBs and going with a raw rookie.   

I think the key word is hopeless?   

I think what's most alarming is that Edmonton , Saskatchewan,  Montreal are playing 3rd stringers and while the guys they have make rookie mistakes... they at least make several plays a game which then put points on the board.  

It's almost bizarre but I would think that Saskatchewan is in a much better place since for the most part they remain competitive despite losing 2 veteran QBs and going with a raw rookie.   

I think the key word is hopeless?   

I think what's most alarming is that Edmonton , Saskatchewan,  Montreal are playing 3rd stringers and while the guys they have make rookie mistakes... they at least make several plays a game which then put points on the board.  

Yep - not sure what happened tonight/today. Marve looked ok early but as the game wore on he got worse and worse. It could be because he hasn't started/completed a game prior to last week in since 2013 I believe due to all his injuries. 

I still have no idea why Brian Brohm collects a paycheck as a pro QB. He is most definitely not a pro QB. The problem though is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have no idea what a pro QB is. They have to wait for another team to sign one and  release him, because that's the only way we get any QB's with any kind of talent - though that doesn't always work as we got Brohm through Hamilton who were smart enough to dump his ass as soon as they could.

8 to 3 at half time, Calgary obviously made a few adjustments and, as usual, the bombers (regardless of who is coaching them) were unable to.

I hope one of the reporters asks MOS the question of the topic brought up here. I know I would. I would ask MOS point blank to explain to me how other teams can start raw, rookie, QB's and not only be competitive, but win games. And I would demand an answer from him - it's either his team can't recruit proper Qb's or his coaching staff can't develop them and put in a good game plan. I wouldn't buy the 'gotta watch the game film' either - again if I were a reporter and he said that I'd just comment to him he won't win another game if he can't make a decision on anything until 'after' he watches game film. 

I enjoy watching the other three games each week more than my own team lately. For the first time in almost 20 years as a season ticket holder I am questioning whether to renew next year.

The games just aren't fun anymore. Even the wins. The fans are so jaded that every win just feels like an anomaly raher than something to let yourself get too excited about.

I wonder how much the season ticket drop off will be?

I think it will be less than it should be. Didn't most people already commit to next year (possibly the year after as well) to get a discount on their Grey Cup ticket?

What really stands out to me is that if I am not using my normal seats (company also has a suite) I can't even get a sniff when trying to sell them on Facebook. First couple of years everyone wanted any extra seat they could get. This week I had to work hard to give them away.

Last night we took our 2 1/2 year old for his first game, if I didn't have the distraction of keeping him some what entertained I would have been even more disgusted with that display. There is no longer any part of that 3 + hours spent on the UofM campus that can at all be considered good entertainment value.