Around The NHL 2016/2017

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The ownership group in Atlanta should lobby for this.  They'd get a team a lot quicker (by emergency, desperate relocation) than waiting for the NHL to give them one. haha

As in, let Bettman announce that Atlanta franchise, hold the draft in Atlanta and then immediately relocate to Quebec due to 'unforeseen circumstances'...

47 minutes ago, Floyd said:

NHL should launch another franchise in Atlanta... would be nice to get a natural hat trick of Atlanta teams in Canada.

if it didn't work the first two times what makes them think they want to try a third time? besides don't they have a minor league team now?

1 hour ago, Judd said:

How do you figure? Hellebuyck has way out performed Comrie at the same points in their careers. Helle played on an equally sucky Moose team.

Purely based on what Lawless and other NHL guests have said on the radio.   Way more praises for Comrie then Helle...

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

No doubt that the Jets were never in on Bishop now...

Who actually thought that they would be in on Bishop though?  

It's been made very clear that they want a vet back up Elliott type of guy... not an elite starter.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's a good deal for Dallas. 

What happens if more than one goalie has a NMC?  Who can Dallas expose?  I assume they trade or buy out the other two but just wondering 

My understanding is that Bishop is their only goalie with a NMC and they have 4 others under contract who satisfy the exposure requirement.

Edited by Atomic

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

My understanding is that Bishop is their only goalie with a NMC and they have 5 others under contract who satisfy the exposure requirement.

You could be right. Cap friendly shows one with a modified no movement and the other with a no trade. 

Have to assume they try to dump one or both this summer 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Dallas released Niemi the other day...that's one down, anyhow....

This is not true at all,   they have to either buy him out or trade him.   He had a crap season so I doubt anyone trades for him.