Around The NHL 2016/2017

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Honestly I want one of the Caps' goalies - Holtby or Grubauer.  They are going to lose Grubauer to Vegas FOR SURE if they keep Holtby.  I believe we could trade for one of them.  Not cheap.  But I'd be willing to move two first round picks and more for Holtby (he could be on the outs if the Caps have another early exit... stay tuned).  I'd pay less for Grubauer but still a decent price, perhaps a first rounder and a good prospect like Roslovic.

When is your fantasy trade happening? Cause if it's before the expansion draft you're losing Helle or Holtby/Grubauer.

29 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
 Must have been a heck of a deal to leave TSN. He had to be well-compensated for everything he did.  But living in Vegas sounds amazing!

Well the dollar is much higher,    the cost of living in Las Vegas is decent and well it's damn hot.      Almost a no brainer for him to go. 

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

When is your fantasy trade happening? Cause if it's before the expansion draft you're losing Helle or Holtby/Grubauer.

Who cares if we lose Helle if we have a better goalie?  And what makes you so sure Vegas would take him anyways?  May find it shocking but not everyone around the league looks at our sub-average goaltending and sees a star-in-waiting.

If we go 7-3-1 the pick is almost certainly Myers.

If we go 4-4-1 we lose Perreault, Lowry, or Armia, depending on what Vegas needs and whether they are going all-in on the future or they think they can compete in this upcoming season.

I'd rather lose Lowry than Perreault.  Bottom six centers aren't that hard to find.  Top six players are.  And Perreault can play center and wing and is locked in for the next 4 years at a decent salary.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

If we go 7-3-1 the pick is almost certainly Myers.

If we go 4-4-1 we lose Perreault, Lowry, or Armia, depending on what Vegas needs and whether they are going all-in on the future or they think they can compete in this upcoming season.

I'd rather lose Lowry than Perreault.  Bottom six centers aren't that hard to find.  Top six players are.  And Perreault can play center and wing and is locked in for the next 4 years at a decent salary.

4m/yr for Perreault seems like a lot. 9g last year, 13g this year, 29