Around The NHL 2016/2017

Media is changing.  Many people I know have cut their cable and subscribe only to the sports they want (NHL gamecenter, etc) or they use a streaming service like Kodi.  And why not?

Leagues are going to have to be creative and find new sources of revenue because this trend isn't going to reverse.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

If the audience declines do salaries keep going up, I agree most of these sports are going to have fewer and fewer eyeballs less and less revenue, who knows what sports will  be like in 10 -20 years from now.

I don't think less people are watching.  They are just not watching on TV.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

PS: the numbers for wrestling tell you everything you need to know about that industry too 

Wait a minute... weren't you the one who disagreed with me when I said wrestling is only watched by the little kids and the really old farts?  

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Wait a minute... weren't you the one who disagreed with me when I said wrestling is only watched by the little kids and the really old farts?  

I don't recall that. It's been trending older for years. So unless there was a different context I don't know why I'd say that. 

WWE has a wide demo. But it trends older.  What made it explode in 97/98 was new teenage/young adult fans. 

One issue with wwe is that their TV demo and house show demo was generally at odds with one another. 

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

"Over my series, I have suggested the Jets run a top-nine system while splitting their three best forwards: Blake Wheeler, Mark Scheifele, and Mathieu Perreault "

Perreault's #3 huh?

The fancy stats love Perreault

Yes, based on the article, the argument the writer is putting forth is Perreault is the Jets' 3rd most important forward.  We can argue that, of course.  But he drives a lot of the play.  He's probably a big part of a really good 3rd line...and if we have a really good 3rd line and a traditional checking 4th line, things probably look good.

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Perreault I think is of more value for the Jets today then guys like Armia , Dano ,  Connor, Copp etc....      Our team needs to have some vets who can play at a consistent level...  

No question.... Connor still has huge potential so I wouldn't lump him in there because that's two different things... but if it came down to Perreault vs Copp/Armia/Dano... Perreault is better now and probably for at least a few years into the future as well.

7 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Yeah I heard what he said he made an excellent point.

Who, Burke?

Manitoba did not pay towards MTSC what Burke wants Alberta to pay towards their new project.  Burke is either very uninformed or out and out lying.  Also, if he thinks the Flames can up and leave without telling anyone, Mr Bettman is on line 3.