Week 2 Other Games (Als vs Ott Sask vs TO Ham vs BC)

Jpan85

The Carter Campbell debacle is an embarrassment to the league. 

There is a field of play. Players and officials are only allowed on the field of play, not coaches, cheerleaders or fans. In my view Campbell was on that field and baited Carter, who foolishly fell for the taunt. The league could and should throw the book at Carter. Campbell should be sanctioned as well. Coachs have their roles and can't be allowed to get involved with play on the field.

Wasn't it last year big ol' Rich Stubler was way out of the team sideline area and interfered by "coaching" an official which resulted in a fine? Austin sure learned he can't get involved on the field.

Sanction Carter, Campbell and other players on the Ottawa bench for reacting to Bump. 

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

The Carter Campbell debacle is an embarrassment to the league. 

There is a field of play. Players and officials are only allowed on the field of play, not coaches, cheerleaders or fans. In my view Campbell was on that field and baited Carter, who foolishly fell for the taunt. The league could and should throw the book at Carter. Campbell should be sanctioned as well. Coachs have their roles and can't be allowed to get involved with play on the field.

Wasn't it last year big ol' Rich Stubler was way out of the team sideline area and interfered by "coaching" an official which resulted in a fine? Austin sure learned he can't get involved on the field.

Sanction Carter, Campbell and other players on the Ottawa bench for reacting to Bump. 

It's not as black and white as some think, hopefully the inquiry will reveal some interesting details.  I so wish we were allowed to hear the dialogue between Carter and Campbell.

1 minute ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's not as black and white as some think, hopefully the inquiry will reveal some interesting details.  I so wish we were allowed to hear the dialogue between Carter and Campbell.

Campbell was chirping at Carter pre push. Carter could have been chirping before Campbell stepped in front him, which is how many play the game. Carter (you couldn't stop me, you. Can't stop me, WHAM) obviously didn't give up ground on his walk back to the bench. You might have heard Milt state that he'd walk the line after a TD past the opposition bench, when teams are on both sides, "to see how they'd react". If Milty has looked for a reaction, you bet it's done frequently in pro football. 

7 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Who's worse, Riders or Bombers? 

If our starting QB doesn't 'show up', I think we know the answer to that. Right now, I feel we can compete with any team, but we just got to have that quarterbacking. After having seen all the teams now, we rank #9 at that position.

8 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ricky Ray ain't no Ricky Ray.

Ricky Ray. The subject of two of the most interesting events/non-events in the CFL.

1st, when he was traded from Edmonton, then when he wasn't traded from Toronto.

Interesting games last night.

Ottawa looked very good again. Montreal took way too many penalties which cost them the game IMO. Carter made a great TD. Campbell shouldn't have been on the field and he should get an Oscar for his 'fall', but Carter did initiate contact and fines at a minimum are still coming for that play. 

Toronto scored 2 TD's before the Riders even showed up. One on a great punt return, the other on a blown coverage. Looked like it was going to be a long night for the Riders. Toronto also scored when the Riders fumbled the snap on a 3rd down gamble. Durant, despite not playing for almost 2 years, working with a new OC, and only having 1 receiver that he'd worked with before still looked good until he ran out of gas in the second half. Considering the number of changes in Regina, I was expecting them to be worse. If Durant stays healthy, which isn't likely IMO, they'll be in the mix. I have to admit that they looked better than we did in their first game.

Durant was shaking the dust off and was looking like the ol Darian, then his bad leg kicked in....He was limping notably when he left at the half...Miraculously though (ahem) he came out throwing strikes again until the last quarter...Was it that he was not in  game shape or was his torn Achilles starting to act up...?? Personally I don't think he makes the year..He's one wrong move on that leg and he could be done .. He clearly can't plant and throw the long ball and chooses to dink and dunk down field...If he goes down the riders, if they weren't in trouble before, will certainly be behind the eight ball...Enough about rider troubles...we have a few of our own and I hope our qb. snaps out of it today...We need this win badly.

59 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Riders made a very average TOR look special. TOR and MTL will be even money for who makes playoffs in East.

I know SSK has the best fans in the league , CFL flagship etc., but what was the deal with the empty seats for home opener ? Surely, there must be some explanation

Bomber fans are the best fans in the league. 

It'll be interesting to see how the Riders do this year. They lost their home opener by two tds to a bad Argos team. Durant looked ok, but also got lucky the Argos dropped two easy pick 6s, and he's already dealing with a limp. They're hooped if he gets hurt.

Also, how many drops did Argo receivers have? 

Ott - Mtl is turning into a real nice rivalry. Hope Campbell gets fined too, he instigated the contact just as much as Carter, in either case, you don't see that every day.

Some teams are definitely ahead of others at this time which doesn't amount to anything, its a long season.

Edited by pigseye
spelling error

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Ott - Mtl is turning into a real nice rivalry. Hope Campbell gets fined too, he instigated the contact just as much as Carter, in either case, you don't see that every day.

Some teams are definitely ahead of others at this time which doesn't amount to anything, its a long season.

Campbell shouldn't have been on the field, so I think he is going to face some repercussions.  I'd pay for front row seats to see Carter bump into O'Shea like that, just to see Mike unleash 3 years of pent up rage would be something special.  Oh boy.

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

That's twice in two weeks Montreal has been goateed into stupid penalties it should fall on Popp. If the bombers did the same thing our head man would be roasted.

Seems obvious they have discipline problems when Popp is in charge. Look for this to get worse as year goes on

7 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

The play was dead. Why can't Campbell be on the field? I thought it was only during the play that you have to be behind the sideline. 

Agreed. Campbell also wasn't far on the field either. Carter clearly went over there to stir up shyte. Carter should be suspended

3 hours ago, Zontar said:

Riders made a very average TOR look special. TOR and MTL will be even money for who makes playoffs in East.

I know SSK has the best fans in the league , CFL flagship etc., but what was the deal with the empty seats for home opener ? Surely, there must be some explanation

2259ce90-db37-0132-cecc-0e01949ad350.gif

11 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Who's worse, Riders or Bombers? 

As 17 said Durant is a very good qb still.Much better than Willy. But if DD goes down that team is hooped just like last season. Seems like Jones is desperate to find a backup. He wants to trade to find one. I'd be shocked if Edmonton traded anyone to the Riders after the Riders took the Esks entire football operations staff. I'd hope Hervey just gives them the middle finger. .